Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I believe he shot on Melendez and actually got him down once or twice, but he got right back up.

Also I'm standing by him knocking Riggs' tooth out, I'm almost completely sure that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Diego is extremely brain damaged and can only charge forward wildly swinging his fists now.

Why is the word now on the end of this sentence

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Dangersim posted:

I believe he shot on Melendez and actually got him down once or twice, but he got right back up.

Also I'm standing by him knocking Riggs' tooth out, I'm almost completely sure that happened.

Karos tooth

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Diego Sanchez is really cool and I loving swear PSP is the worst at geography.

ceaselessfuture posted:

If he tools around Sanchez in his hometown, well, that would just make me all the happier.

The fantasy bout taking in place in Mexico would not be in Sanchez's hometown. You might've been able to deduce that by him being A- American B- Having the New Mexico flag tattooed on his side.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I just got that goddamn single leg shot joke

Edit: I will admit I still think Diego is cool and I want to see all his fights but have zero expectations for him. BJ broke him.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

http://m.ufc.com/media/ufc-ufn7-sanchez-riggs

Hmm apparently I remembered wrong.

Also this fight is fun because Joe talks about how good Joe Riggs hands are, and then Riggs' does nothing while Diego employs some of the worst footwork ever.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Speaking of brain damage, Charlie Brenneman is also fighting on the December Brazil card against Leandro Silva.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Diegos a good fighter but hes a stupid person. His chins amazing, and he has no quit in him. He's like Roy Nelson without the power. He never deserved a lightweight title shot, but he did deserve a welterweight title shot for beating Karo. Now they're both total jokes but Karo was pretty great at throwing people and in top position, but he was from the old school of lazy training. Their fight was amazing, and at the time I remember it was widely considered one of the best of all time. It was an instant classic. Karo had better takedowns and grappling, but Diego was good enough to scramble out and prevent karo from dominating him, and in the last round Karo ran out of gas, resulting in a savage beating when Diego got on top. At that time, both his cardio and ground and pound were just below top notch (because top notch was Matt Hughes). Anyway, they really are both stupid idiots we should laugh at but I still think they were great fighters, even if it was only for a little while. Their fight was the classic talent v determination, and determination won, which feels cool to me as a person without talent. And Diego should've gotten a title shot for that and the Nick Diaz fight that someone brought up earlier, which is one of my favorite fights. If you watch it, count how many of diego's ground and pound strikes actually land. its really low. Hughes crushing Diego would've been less one sided than Hughes v Royce anyway.

I forget what he had a layoff for but he came back and faced Luigi Fioravanti, and beat him doing regular kickboxing stuff. Joe Rogan was really happy about his progress. From then on Diego was complete garbage, maybe too stupid to stop striking if he was losing rounds with ballooned confidence about his striking from beating up Fioravanti then getting the W for no discernible reason against Joe Daddy. Although his will to win is still incredible and sometimes manages to eclipse his stupidity

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Aurain posted:

The answer is because Diego Sanchez is punch drunk at the best of times and probably legally retarded.

It's called being a loving fighter, kid.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

canoshiz posted:

Speaking of brain damage, Charlie Brenneman is also fighting on the December Brazil card against Leandro Silva.

Silva doesn't murder things with his fists, so Charlie might not die a terrible death this time.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
After the dogshit Koscheck fight is when Dana White and Diego came out saying that Diego found out he might have a fatal disease a few days before the fight and thats why it was bad.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Bundt Cake posted:

Diegos a good fighter

nah

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Sorry, the ultimate fighter

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I think Buffer should stop announcing guys as TUF winners. Like oh this guy is a former UFC champion, and this guy beat a bunch of nobodies on a reality show in 2007. I bet Bisping is embarrassed by it by now.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I don't know if the man who talked poo poo after the Hamill win is capable of embarrassment.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Diego was never particularly good technique-wise at any aspect of mma, but he was able to be successful at things because he whipped himself into a level of cardio where he could set a pace so furious that eventually his opponent couldn't stop what he was doing. That plus having some KO power on the feet and the ground and a ridiculous chin made him a pretty formidable opponent. When he went down to lightweight he seemed to lose some of that cardio or the ability to fight at his former speed, and never really regained it except in flashes, which has dramatically reduced his effectiveness.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

fatherdog posted:

Diego was never particularly good technique-wise at any aspect of mma, but he was able to be successful at things because he whipped himself into a level of cardio where he could set a pace so furious that eventually his opponent couldn't stop what he was doing. That plus having some KO power on the feet and the ground and a ridiculous chin made him a pretty formidable opponent. When he went down to lightweight he seemed to lose some of that cardio or the ability to fight at his former speed, and never really regained it except in flashes, which has dramatically reduced his effectiveness.

yeah he's bad

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

fatherdog posted:

His cardio seemed to go out the window when he started drinking and doing drugs.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
remember when diego ate the raw quail egg the night before his fight

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

John Romero posted:

steak tartare and quail eggs

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

I think Diego is bad because he's an idiot, and he's become really good at dragging people into brawls, the only problem is other people are better at brawling then he is.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Diego vs. Conor might make for an entertaining fight -- although even that is pretty debatable -- but it is a bad fight in pretty much every other aspect. I'm not even sure what McGregor would get out of it other than a short term pay day? The guy is already riding the biggest active hype train in the UFC, he doesn't need to fight bad idiots on big cards to make money.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

John Romero posted:

Remember when Diego took advice from Dan Quinn

Remember when Diego believed it when someone told him yoga was from THE DEVIL

Remember when Diego invented a popular, crowd-favorite chant that got co-opted by a beardy wrestler who then took all the credit

Remember when Diego used to exorcise religiously

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
He does if he's not getting a title shot gift wrapped

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

Like with Sharon Tate?

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

LobsterMobster posted:

Remember when Diego believed it when someone told him yoga was from THE DEVIL

Remember when Diego invented a popular, crowd-favorite chant that got co-opted by a beardy wrestler who then took all the credit

YES

I remember these things.

DOMELORD420
Dec 28, 2000

LobsterMobster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiJEeg0yEN8

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache
Remember when Diego channeled the energy from a storm on TUF

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Remember when Diego ate the heads off of all of Stephan Bonnar's Asparagus and then pretended(?) to not know what an Asparagus was when confronted?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Remember when Diego picked up Paulo Thiago and fireman carried him across the ring screaming?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Remember when Diego clearly lost a fight but the judges didn't know how numbers worked so he won?

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

I'm not even sure what McGregor would get out of it other than a short term pay day? The guy is already riding the biggest active hype train in the UFC, he doesn't need to fight bad idiots on big cards to make money.

He would get on a big card making big money beating an easy but kinda famous opponent, what's there to get? it's either that or a title shot which apparently he isn't getting yet

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

attackmole posted:

Remember when Diego picked up Paulo Thiago and fireman carried him across the ring screaming?

THANK YOU! I was scrolling and scrolling hoping this would get posted. Now i dont have to ask for it.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Remember when Diego ate the heads off of all of Stephan Bonnar's Asparagus and then pretended(?) to not know what an Asparagus was when confronted?

Remember when in a strange eureka moment Bonnar realized he might actually be Diego's dad?

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I have no problem believing that Diego just picks poo poo up and sticks it in his mouth like an infant without knowing what it is.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

attackmole posted:

this was a legit cool moment, considering Thiago had whipped Diego until it happened and then Diego started dominating after the slam. it's the last Diego Sanchez Feel Good Moment since it's the last fight he actually won.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

quote:

Suspended UFC middleweight Cung Le says he was caught off-guard by a recent failed drug test, according to a statement issued today to MMAjunkie by the fighter and his camp.

“I was completed surprised at the results of my recent drug test,” Le’s statement reads. “I was informed by the UFC that I passed my pre- and post-fight drug test, as well as the majority of the blood tests with the only abnormality being an elevated level of HGH being determined to be present. I tested negative for anabolics, stimulants, diuretics, masking agents and my testosterone levels were within World Anti-Doping Agency and Nevada State Athletic Commission Approved limits a total of three times over two urine tests and a blood test collected both before and after my fight, which is what makes these HGH result so difficult for me to accept as correct. This has also caused me to call the testing procedures into question.

“I have been informed that there are many possible reasons for a level of HGH to exceed what is allowed unknowingly and my doctors are researching those possibilities, which may include a much more serious health concern. I have also been informed about the unreliability of the current HGH testing that exists and it’s high rate of inaccuracy.

“I want to reiterate to my fans and the fans of mixed martial arts everywhere that I did not take any performance-enhancing drugs or anything that would cause my natural level of HGH to exceed normal levels.”

[...]

Le’s manager, Gary Ibarra, contends that there were several procedural issues that could have contributed to the failed test and believes the UFC needs to take steps to ensure uniformity in the standards moving forward.

“Upon our independent review of the laboratory procedures when testing for PED’s, it has been clear that the possibilities for incorrect test results are many. We were informed that the laboratory was advised to use the WADA approved rules and procedures when conducting the testing that they administer, yet the lab in Hong Kong contracted to do the testing was not WADA approved, which was surprising since there was a WADA approved lab available in Beijing, China.

“The blood sample was collected post-fight when the natural HGH levels are the least reliable as the body in an attempt to heal itself will naturally release more HGH, but even more of a concern is that the more reliable and WADA required test for HGH known as the IGF-1 test was never conducted on the sample. When we contacted the UFC to request that this more reliable test be conducted, we were informed that this was not possible as the lab only retained the sample for a week following the fight. WADA regulations require that samples are to be frozen and held for 10 Years, so that they can be re-tested in the event of a challenge.

“WADA rules state that when testing for HGH, the lab must use the “Isoform Differential Immunoassays” or “the Isoforms Test,” a procedure which requires the IGF-1 test be performed.

“Again, this test was not performed by the lab and was could not subsequently be performed as the sample had been destroyed. The WADA regulations also state that:

‘Since the total levels of HGH secreted into circulation vary naturally, are widely fluctuating over time and may be influenced by several factors not associated with doping, it is practically impossible to develop an anti-doping test based simply on the measurement of increased total HGH concentrations.’

“There is a reason why HGH is still not tested for in all major sports leagues, the tests that exist are unreliable and present many opportunities for inaccuracy for a multitude of reasons. As was stated in the UFC’s press release in regards to our client, the results of the testing they conducted showed an elevated level of HGH, but as WADA states, the possibility for incorrect results are more than probable when testing for elevated levels of HGH especially when a non-WADA approved lab is used.

“Cung Le has been a professional martial artist for over 20 years and has always conducted himself with honor showing a deep respect for his supporters and opponents, to have him made a public example based on suspect testing procedures conducted by a lab unfamiliar with the WADA rules is irresponsible. With the results of such testing having such a powerful effect on athletes reputations and futures we believe it would be better served to have future testing conducted by a WADA approved laboratory that knows and follows the established procedures to the letter so as to ensure something like this doesn’t happen again. Cung is extremely disappointed at the results of the test and that the UFC would make such an unprecedented decision to extend his suspension from nine to 12 months when the testing procedures remain unclear.”

mewse
May 2, 2006

These test results are bullshit because *continues talking for 20 minutes while slowly exiting the room*

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

this is highly irregular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I would have believed it was a gently caress up on the Hong Kong lab's behalf if Cung tested positive for lead

• Locked thread