Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Just a part of the game, you see

quote:

As the NFL nears an end to its long-running legal battle over concussions, new data from the nation’s largest brain bank focused on traumatic brain injury has found evidence of a degenerative brain disease in 76 of the 79 former players it’s examined. Researchers there have now examined the brain tissue of 128 football players who, before their deaths, played the game professionally, semi-professionally, in college or in high school. Of that sample, 101 players, or just under 80 percent, tested positive for CTE.

drat, that's probably nobody in college football can read

quote:

A CNN investigation found public universities across the country where many students in the basketball and football programs could read only up to an eighth-grade level. The data obtained through open records requests also showed a staggering achievement gap between college athletes and their peers at the same institution.

Exclusive clip of college football players in class in The South

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu7A8LIzL1o&t=16s

America :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
it's ok they're a nonprofit

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I like football so its fine.

And those twiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
76 out of 79. I am going to guess the 3 are kickers?

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
*returns a punt*

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

*prays to allah pbuh after touchdown*

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
Who would have ever thought using our CNS as a battering ram would cause problems? Gays, that's who.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

*prays to allah pbuh after touchdown*

*flags you 15 yards*

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Who would have thought getting slammed to the ground a hundred times every month for years and year could have resulted in bad things?

cis white male
Jul 5, 2014

i'm a fag i'm a lesbian
modern day gladiators, better than having your head get cut off or eaten by a tiger or w/e

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

this is exactly why i decided not to be qb for the cowboys

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
clearly the best option is to pay these guys more

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

these guys didn't have many neurons to start with

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

LifeSizePotato posted:

this is exactly why i decided not to be qb for the cowboys

:romo: <-- the early onset of CTE

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

Justin Godscock posted:

Who would have thought getting slammed to the ground a hundred times every month for years and year could have resulted in bad things?

Tobacco lobbyists don't, and I believe they are a lot of the same people fighting the lawsuits in the NFL. So people that stand to profit from the injury of others.

I swear I read this somewhere, I'll have to dig around to find the link.

Pohl fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 1, 2014

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
op's a pig. Here piggy piggy pig! SOOOOOOOOOOIE!!!

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Gaunab posted:

op's a pig. Here piggy piggy pig! SOOOOOOOOOOIE!!!

The GIP police thread is that-a way
--->

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

boy-killing, man-mutilating, money-making, education-prostituting, gladiatorial sport

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the black husserl posted:

boy-killing, man-mutilating, money-making, education-prostituting, gladiatorial sport

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

its dogfighting with men instead of dogs lmao

quote:

“The first concussion was during preseason. The team was doing two-a-days,” he said, referring to the habit of practicing in both the morning and the evening in the preseason. “It was August 9th, 9:55 A.M. He has an 80-g hit to the front of his head. About ten minutes later, he has a 98-g acceleration to the front of his head.” To put those numbers in perspective, Guskiewicz explained, if you drove your car into a wall at twenty-five miles per hour and you weren’t wearing your seat belt, the force of your head hitting the windshield would be around 100 gs: in effect, the player had two car accidents that morning.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

more like

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/EC65...SJQ1m_fDOWVe3f6

don't pray to Allah in the NFL

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

This thread title made me giggle

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
The only players claiming brain damage from sports ball are black. This proves one of two things....you know what, nevermind because racism is still bannable on this forum.

It's a shame because it was gonna be super funny too....

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

PyPy posted:

The only players claiming brain damage from sports ball are black. This proves one of two things....you know what, nevermind because racism is still bannable on this forum.

probably not

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

please dont gently caress up football

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Parallax Scroll posted:

please dont gently caress up football

it's too dangerous so it should be replaced with soccer

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

lmao the NFL is in deep poo poo and society is going to turn against letting kids get their brains smashed in, football fans everywhere are :qq:

MegaGatts
Dec 12, 2004

The Enteroctopus dofleini, also known as the giant Pacific octopus (GPO) or North Pacific giant octopus, is a large marine cephalopod belonging to the phylum Mollusca and is tripping balls.

PyPy posted:

GBS: Passive aggressive we can't be racist.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

i'm glad the most famous Mandingo picked a safer occupation

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
football needs more concussions and brain injuries. less pads and thinner helmets. i won't be satisfied until someone gets lobotomized mid-play by a well executed hit

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Rocks posted:

This thread title made me giggle

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Guancho posted:

football needs more concussions and brain injuries. less pads and thinner helmets. i won't be satisfied until someone gets lobotomized mid-play by a well executed hit

you can watch rugby if you want to see this concept irl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icQasr61aEM

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
drat, I thought the avg. would be around 20% or so

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

pay the players more and have them keep doing the exact same poo poo

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
outlaw it, i want underground football blood arenas to be a thing in my lifetime

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

outlaw it, i want underground football blood arenas to be a thing in my lifetime

that works too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

• Locked thread