Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Buffalo Quarterback Kyle loving Orton is here ort the poo poo out of some chumps.

CHAPTER ONE

Kyle Orton arrives in West Lafeyette, the Cradle of Quarterbacks, home to superstar quarterbacks Drew Brees and Kyle Orton. Orton leads Purdue to Bowl Games in an ancient time when the Big Ten was less lovely. Kyle Orton discovers his mission in life: to throw passes and be photographed drinking all of the whiskey on the entire planet.

CHAPTER 2

THE GREATEST QUARTERBACK DUO IN THE HISTORY OF PROFESSIONAL AMERICAN FOOTBALL

Forced into service after Grossman went down, Orton and started 15 games, leading the Bears to a 10-5 record. Orton stuns the NFC North by adeptly handing the ball off and dapping Bears defensive players who score all of the touchdowns. Orton grows a mighty beard in order to intimidate his opposition. Orton achieves the impossible, sparking a massive Bears fan ovation for Grossman when he enters a late-season game against Atlanta.

In 2006, Kyle Orton is demoted the third string behind that rat fucker Brian Griese. He focuses on growing his beard and drinking. He attends a Super Bowl.

By 2008, he vanquishes his rival, the Pretender Rex Grossman and starts 15 games.

CHAPTER 3

The Bears ruin their team by getting rid of their unstoppable two-quarterback system. Orton is traded to Denver for Jay Cutler. Grossman catches on with Texas. Orton posts career-high numbers. He leads the Broncos to a 6-0 record to start the season by owning the poo poo out of everyone because Kyle Orton was no longer loving around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fPamV6LsV8

By 2011, though, Orton and Grossman are left embroiled in quarterback battles. Superbowl Quarterback Rex Grossman finds himself in Washington battling against John Beck. Grossman is lost in Washington, unable to beat Beck and devoting all of his time to lobbying Congress to make every receiver change their name to "Bernard Berrian."

Orton meets his greatest rival, the Usurper Tim Tebow.

Tebow stands for everything that makes Orton great: neckbeards, whiskey, foreskins. Orton shaves his beard and grows a mullet. It does not matter. He is benched after winning four total games from 2011-2 and Tebowmania sweeps across America. Ortonmania is localized to West Lafeyette, Chicagoland Binny's liquor superstores, and my apartment.

Orton is waived in 2011. He travels to Kansas City, who vultures him up to prevent him from returning to Chicago to become the True Backup because the Kansas City Chiefs are agents of evil. Orton instead plays against the Bears because he had to be less lovely than Tyler Palko, but then gets hurt. Tyler Palko plays against Caleb Hanie in an unwatchable shitstorm, denying Orton his revenge against the team that had traded him.

In 2012, he finds a home in Dallas as Romo's backup. He grows his hair into a weird Francis Drake haircut because he is going to throw a ball so hard it travels to Roanoake and disappears.

In 2013, with Romo hurt and the playoffs on the line, the Cowboys turn to Orton. Orton throws for more than 350 yards, nearly leading them to the playoffs before throwing a back-breaking pick in a tribute to his new comrade Tony Romo who has thrown some famously costly picks and has a broken back. Having achieved all that one can in professional football, Kyle Orton decides to retire. Grown men weep. Jerry Jones fumes. Orton goes back home, like Cincinnatus, for a number of weeks.

CHAPTER 5

Orton realized his work was not done and there were still some teams with really lovely quarterbacks where he could play. Kyle Orton has come back to save us all. Kyle Orton has returned to lead the Bills to the Super Bowl. Kyle Orton has been in the NFL for ten years. Kyle Orton has a mustache now.

Rex Grossman's current whereabouts are unknown.

Please use this thread for all of your Kyle Orton content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

gently caress Kyle Orton, godbless

Why the man who almost single-handedly ruined the Broncos gets so much respect here... it's honestly the worst part about you guys mkay

sweet thursday fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 1, 2014

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
How is any of Kyle Orton's facial hair a real thing.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Thank you for the thread and the information about good quarterback, Kyle Orton, whom I respect. Good thread thank you

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

DangerKat posted:

How is any of Kyle Orton's facial hair a real thing.
He gets the power of mediocrity from his patchy face pubes

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sweet thursday posted:

Why the man who almost single-handedly ruined the Broncos gets so much respect here... it's honestly the worst part about you guys mkay

Look at this bad person with stupid opinions for idiot babies.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

You answered your own question

quote:

single-handedly ruined the Broncos

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I would gladly take Orton on the titans

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
I'm surprised he isn't playing for the Raiders, since these days it looks like he goes to the same barber as Mark Davis.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Saw the title and knew this gif needed to be a part of the thread. May King Neckbeard rule.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Daedra posted:

I would gladly take Orton on the titans

Same.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
I like Kyle Orton because there is a photograph of him in a club/bad drinking directly from a bottle of Champagne while wearing an acid washed shirt with Leatherface on it.

It's in the OP:

That's a cool dude.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Andrew Luck said today that Orton's neckbeard is vastly superior.

He really did.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

RD you forgot the part where Kyle Orton led the Chiefs to victory and ended the Packers' undefeated season in Week 15 of the 2011 season.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Athanatos posted:

He really did.

:stare:

we are going places

where making this happen

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Athanatos posted:

He really did.

I need to hear this audio.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I need to hear this audio.

Was on NFL Live today apparently but I'm failing to find video.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This is the best TFF thread in a long rear end time. Well done.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Presented without comment

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I hope the next chapter is backing up Philip Rivers or something

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Great take OP. Got a free Orton jersey in '03 when he poo poo the bed against ND (or some other rival) and someone else in the student section threw their Orton jersey unsuccessfully toward the field. Still wear it today for Purdue games and use to wear it around my horrible Cowboys friends.

Go Boilers! Go Orton! Hope he leads the Bills to a Super Bowl loss.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Orton/Marshall and Orton/Lloyd made those bad Denver years bearable.

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
best thread on the internet

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
He's bad.

But funny looking.

The end.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

during kyle orton's brief time as a chief he led the team to victory over the then 13-0 green bay packers

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I'm Kyle Orton's second chin.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Can someone please trick toxx these Orton haters into posting only the glory of Orton, who is at least a top 5 all time Bears QB.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Kyle Orton is the best and was Unjustly Benched By The Coward John Fox

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Elephanthead posted:

Can someone please trick toxx these Orton haters into posting only the glory of Orton, who is at least a top 5 all time Bears QB.

a bar so low it's resting on the floor

orton owns

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~
In one of my favorite games of all time, Bears Cowboys 2012, Romo Romo'ed it up by throwing 5 Romoceptions. Naturally he was benched so he could watch the superior QB show him how it's done - Orton heroically drove down the field for a garbage time TD, salvaging some of the Cowboys' pride in that loss. On that day it became clear to me why Orton was the superior quarterback.

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

If Kyle Orton had come to the Miami Dolphins when that was a thing that almost happened, they would probably have had roughly the same QB play that they actually did. So, in retrospect, I wish that had happened.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

posting from the goldmine

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
the season where Orton was 6-0 with the Broncos ruled

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

kyle orton being the 2nd best bears qb of all time is kyle orton as gently caress

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe

wheez the roux posted:

kyle orton being the 2nd best bears qb of all time is kyle orton as gently caress

are you saying Rex Grossman is the best Bears QB of all time

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

the season where Orton was 6-0 with the Broncos ruled

Did it ever. I love that it was the Ravens who started Josh McDaniels parade into squeaking madness.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

See you in the goldmine, y'all

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

OSheaman posted:

are you saying Rex Grossman is the best Bears QB of all time

are you saying he isnt

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

just kidding. its jay cutler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I am glad Kyle Orton is continuing his quest to play for every NFL team.

• Locked thread