Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Lieutenant Dangle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Holy poo poo. I never realized how much he looks like Bill Hicks.

That rules.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"There ain't no future in money or gold. When the world goes tits up the only thing people will respect is Whiskey."

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Holy poo poo. I never realized how much he looks like Bill Hicks.

That rules.

I always got a Dave Grohl vibe from him when he has the neckbeard

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Grohl is officially his doppleganger since at least 2008.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

“Early drinkin’ means quick drunken.”

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Burger Trench posted:

Veteran savvy

Matthew Fairburn @MatthewFairburn
Asked why he'll run the Bills offense better than EJ Manuel, Kyle Orton said "That's a loaded question. That's a crap question."

We can claim Jay Cutler doesn't give a poo poo all you want but he never looked like that

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Orton is waived in 2011. He travels to Kansas City, who vultures him up to prevent him from returning to Chicago to become the True Backup because the Kansas City Chiefs are agents of evil. Orton instead plays against the Bears because he had to be less lovely than Tyler Palko, but then gets hurt. Tyler Palko plays against Caleb Hanie in an unwatchable shitstorm, denying Orton his revenge against the team that had traded him.

I was so pissed when KC sniped him off waivers. Also that KC game was bar none the worst football game I've ever seen.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Burger Trench posted:

Veteran savvy

Kyle Orton said "That's a crap question."

Best Bills QB since Flutie calling it right now.

Edit: Just watched the presser. Orton totally just called out the media on their bullshit practically as soon as it was out of their mouth. Whether it was getting the name of the offensive coordinator wrong, or asking loaded questions. At one point he basically was like "why don't you ask everyone else on the team that I'm worried about myself."

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 2, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Stupid NFL rules not letting Orton wear short shorts. It would increase his agility, like a cheetah.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

pasaluki posted:

Best Bills QB since Flutie calling it right now.

First flutie flakes, now Orton-Os

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As if Orton eats his breakfast

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

swickles posted:

Stupid NFL rules not letting Orton wear short shorts. It would increase his agility, like a cheetah.

Like a touchdown throwing cheetah

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

ESPN posted:

We're just one practice into the Kyle Orton era, but the Buffalo Bills' top receivers have already noticed a difference in Orton from former starter EJ Manuel.

"We just had a different approach to practice. [Orton] demands what he wants out of us," rookie Sammy Watkins said. "He's more of a veteran guy. The way he talked, the way he handles business, the way he looks at plays and breaks down defenses, it's kind of different than EJ.

"He reads it quicker, the ball is coming out faster. That's just some things that we have to adjust to."

EJ is so hosed right now. :(

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

pasaluki posted:

I wouldn't necessarily say that; it just means that the team is rallying around Orton, and why shouldn't they

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

pasaluki posted:

Orton] demands what he wants out of us," rookie Sammy Watkins said.

"Jesus Christ keep it down"

"Turn down those stadium lights for fucks sake"

"Someone get me some goddamn pretzels"

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

I wouldn't necessarily say that; it just means that the team is rallying around Orton, and why shouldn't they

god knows im rallying around him

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

It almost read like Orton just comes home like an alcoholic dad and all of a sudden playtime is over and the WRs are scurrying around trying to put away toys.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

bakka bakka posted:

This thread is missing Orton's greatest accomplishment, defeating the 13-0 Packers by himself.

To be fair, most of that was KC's defense.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

pasaluki posted:

There's no shame in being Ortoned out of a starting job.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I distinctly remember saying "Orton has a high ankle sprain, the Bears season is over" once.

I wasn't wrong.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

JGdmn posted:

I distinctly remember saying "Orton has a high ankle sprain, the Bears season is over" once.

I wasn't wrong.

He was really cool in 2008. Never forget the Minneosta shootout, where Orton was just dropping bombs on Booker and G Reg all day.

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 2, 2014

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pasaluki posted:

Bills only lose 24-7 on Sunday!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Orton-Os can't be purchased in stores, but he'll give them to your mom for free. :a2m:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

pasaluki posted:

It almost read like Orton just comes home like an alcoholic dad and all of a sudden playtime is over and the WRs are scurrying around trying to put away toys.
He's not playing for the Vikings

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Chichevache posted:

Orton-Os can't be purchased in stores, but he'll give them to your mom for free. :a2m:

Orton eats an O.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Request to change thread title to "Kyle Orton Manlove Locker Room"

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Man, you should spoiler that. I was hoping Sam Tarly would stay with Gilly and not leave her for some Lannister tramp :(

The Little Kielbasa fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 2, 2014

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

football fuckerman posted:

As if Orton eats his breakfast
Orton-Os stay crunchy, even in whiskey!

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

We can claim Jay Cutler doesn't give a poo poo all you want but he never looked like that

Put him in Buffalo and see where he goes with it.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
God I am just so psyched to root for a non-Cowboy Kyle Orton

He just rules so much.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Does anyone remember that weird Denver sports blogger that would constantly refer to him as "Kyle Horton"?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

C-Euro posted:

Does anyone remember that weird Denver sports blogger that would constantly refer to him as "Kyle Horton"?

Horvil tiki I think

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

This thread just reminded me:

1. There was a period in my formative years where I thought it was ok to root for Florida
2. I thought Grossman might be a good NFL QB
3. What the gently caress happened to Brock Berlin?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

tadashi posted:

3. What the gently caress happened to Brock Berlin?

I swear I saw him doing color or sideline commentary for ESPN last season once or twice.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
-snip, wrong thread-

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I think Keanu Reeves would make a fabulous Kyle Orton in the inevitable Kyle Orton biopic.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Kyle Orton owns, Jim McMahon owns, haters vacate.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.
Yeah, even when he was dominating with the Broncos, couldn't not love Orton and getting poo poo done.

This bills-era visor-wearing, moustache-sporting version is a nice change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
He will get injured in the game against the Lions.

• Locked thread