Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
smh if you can't finely mince 20 cloves of garlic in <30 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Shnag posted:

I know a goon is probably going to tell me to kill myself, then impatiently wait for me to do so, for asking this, but why is using a garlic press bad? I usually cut the ends of the garlic clove off to remove the skin more easily, then remove the core if its too big. Then I put it in a garlic press and crush it over what ever meat I am using. It makes ground hamburger taste much better, and great on top of any roast.

Is the press bad because its lazy, or does crushing the whole peeled clove suck if you aren't squeezing out the juice before using it?

Because kill yourself.

Nah, poo poo just aint manly. Only one tool in the kitchen, and that took is a sharp knife.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
mince garlic realllllll fine. add some gently crushed rosemary (bout a spring). put in a bowl with olive oil and let it sit a few hours to infuse (or gently heat it for 5 min). put that on some sliced baguette and toast it in the oven. SMD!!!

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
remove ~50 cloves from skin.
toss with e.v.o.o. and some salt.
place in oven on baking dish (15 min @ 400 deg)
remove.
eat all 50 cloves all by themselves.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Oh no, they're starting to sprout :ohdear:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
The glory is too much :vince:

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Parallax Scroll posted:

easier to conceal though

Yeah, but if you got a big dick you can hide a big knife too.

ashpanash posted:

Yes. 1) Get a good Chef's Knife. 2) Keep it sharp by honing it every time you are going to use it (use the honing steel) and get it professionally sharpened every 6 months or so. (The cheap sharpeners will ruin your blade.)

Remember: The easiest way to cut yourself is with a dull knife. Sharp knives cut easily so you don't have to use a lot of force, and therefore you have more control. Dull knives require you to exert more effort and thus give up some control.

And if you're just afraid of cutting yourself like my father is, grab a pair of cheap Kevlar gloves. After some practice you won't need them anymore.

Big knife is way better. Got that leverage and weight balance. I recommend getting your knife stone sharpened. Those machines can rough up your blade and never get it as sharp. I forget the order, but I know Japanese Steel should use wet stones and German steel should use dry. Might be the other way around, but if you can do it this way it's a lot better for durability and sharpness.

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
My hands smell like garlic from posting ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever

Demonachizer posted:

She is ok otherwise. It was tough though.

Give a ho a pepto and tell her to stfu

• Locked thread