Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

CHRISTMAS IS SAVED! It's a Festivus Miracle!

uublog posted:

It's time friends!

It's getting to be that time of the year again. Days are getting shorter, holiday decorations are coming out, the MLB Playoffs are starting, the NFL is in full swing and the NBA/NHL are starting. Yes, it's almost the Christmas season. That means random people from the internet sending you weird sports-related gifts!

This will be the thread for sign-ups and discussion. Here are the basic rules:

* :siren: GO HERE TO SIGNUP.:siren: Answer the questions giving whatever information you think your Santa will need to not send you a terrible gift

* The basic spending limit is $20. Feel free to go over or under that at your discretion. Remember, it's the thought that counts. Use the $20 limit as a guideline, not an absolute.

* Sign-ups end on December 15th

* Do not post your address in this thread. Only post that you're interested in here. This is so I can verify everyone who is signed up.

Once you do this, everything will be good to go. People will be matched up with one another and within a couple days of the final sign-up deadline, everyone will be matched up with one another.

Have fun with this! Happy Holidays!

Please make sure that you fill out your mailing address completely. This is extremely important, and if you don't, your entry will be deleted. I am not going to chase people down this year! If your details are not in by December 15th, I will delete you from the sheet and mock you publicly.

Questions? Suggestions? Want to change something in your entry? Mail me

No previous Grinches are excluding from participating, because I don't know who the previous Grinches are. Clean slate!

This year there is a question on the survey acknowledging that being a Grinch and not sending a gift should be ban worthy.

kensei fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

kensei please report to the office of Dr. Andrews tomorrow for SAS Tommy John surgery.

I'll be looking to buy low on you next year.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Jesus Christ I spent like an hour looking for this thread last night and I couldn't find It because it was apparently on the last page

I have no idea what is involved in doing a secret Santa but I really don't want SASSS to die :ohdearsass: so if it's not too late/literally anyone else wants to participate I could pretend to know how to facilitate I guess

uublog fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Nov 20, 2014

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
I'm not going to run the thing but I'd participate and I'll see if I can find any matching software or whateves online but I bet a lot of that is manual work.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
kensei, how have you run it in the past? I don't mind doing it but I also don't know how.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Xenophon posted:

kensei, how have you run it in the past? I don't mind doing it but I also don't know how.

I actually just did a form and had a helper assist me in lining up the group I was in. I actually almost kinda sorta have time, let me take a look and see if I can find the form from last year.

Maybe we can save this...

e: Thanks for the sticky kind mod!

kensei fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Nov 21, 2014

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Well, if you don't want to, just show me how you did it and I'd be happy to!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

PI used this a few years ago and had fairly headache free success: http://www.elfster.com/

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

e: ignore this post

thanks uublog!

kensei fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 29, 2014

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

"World Champions. WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS." - Chase Utley, October 31, 2008; Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA
Alright, I set up a thing, I'll post details in the morning

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

quote:

It's time friends!

It's getting to be that time of the year again. Days are getting shorter, holiday decorations are coming out, the MLB Playoffs are starting, the NFL is in full swing and the NBA/NHL are starting. Yes, it's almost the Christmas season. That means random people from the internet sending you weird sports-related gifts!

This will be the thread for sign-ups and discussion. Here are the basic rules:

* :siren:GO HERE TO SIGNUP.:siren: Answer the questions giving whatever information you think your Santa will need to not send you a terrible gift SIGNUPS HAVE ENDED, IF YOU REALLY MUST GET IN NOW, WELP YOU'RE PROBABLY TOO LATE. SEND AN E-MAIL TO SASSS2K [AT] GMAIL [DOT] COM TO FIND OUT.

* The basic spending limit is $20. Feel free to go over or under that at your discretion. Remember, it's the thought that counts. Use the $20 limit as a guideline, not an absolute.

* Sign-ups end on November 22nd um, I guess December... 15th? idk

* Do not post your address in this thread. Only post that you're interested in here. This is so I can verify everyone who is signed up.

Once you do this, everything will be good to go. People will be matched up with one another and within a couple days of the final sign-up deadline, everyone will be matched up with one another.

Have fun with this! Happy Holidays!

Please make sure that you fill out your mailing address completely. This is extremely important, and if you don't, your entry will be deleted. I am not going to chase people down this year! If your details are not in by December 15th, I will delete you from the sheet and mock you publicly.

Questions? Suggestions? Want to change something in your entry? Mail me

No previous Grinches are excluding from participating, because I don't know who the previous Grinches are. Clean slate!

This year there is a question on the survey acknowledging that being a Grinch and not sending a gift should be ban worthy.

uublog fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Dec 18, 2014

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I did the thing

MrCodeDude
Aug 31, 2005
You should probably include shirt and hat size on the form.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Registered.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
i am also doing this thing!

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
of all the things that I've done, this is one of them

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Count me in!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I signed up, thanks for running this.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

In it to win it.

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

MrCodeDude posted:

You should probably include shirt and hat size on the form.

Good idea, that didn't even occur to me because I am dumb

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Submitted!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
My favorite thing ever :dance:

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

smh I forgot to ask for e-mails to send out Santee info, lucky for me everyone who's responded so far has PM's

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
You're A Good Man, Uubolg. I'm in.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Registered.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
In it to lose it

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Last year I got awesome stuff so this year I will give awesome stuff. Registered

Vod Kanockers
Nov 13, 2010

To think Germans were considered "organized".
I'm in again.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

Let's do this thing.

Did you mean to leave full name off the form or did I totally miss it? I ask because I live in a large apartment building soooooo

uublog
Jul 19, 2012

Tbh I figured the apartment number line would cover things like that. Are you saying if yours says 'leokitty' your building people will have no idea what to do with it?

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

uublog posted:

Tbh I figured the apartment number line would cover things like that. Are you saying if yours says 'leokitty' your building people will have no idea what to do with it?

What are "building people"?? If the postman leaves a slip in my mailbox instead of delivering the package because nobody is home/they didn't bother trying to deliver it I won't be able to pick it up at the post office. Anyway this can be solved easily for leokitty the individual but I don't know anyone else's situation.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm here to post to say that I signed up for this.

I think my apartment office likes full names, but as long as it has the apartment number I should be okay...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

uublog posted:

I think having the name and email address is essential on these. I can PM you mine :)

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
registered, oh god what have I done

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
Signed up via the fancy shmancy google doc sheet thing.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Yay i have a job again this year, lets do,the thing.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
might as well go in on this again, last year was solid

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
I definitely signed up at least once. I apologize if I actually signed up twice, I was having some connection issues. Thanks for picking this up and running it.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I signed up. I was getting worried but not so worried as to do anything about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

registered

• Locked thread