Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
BTW, now that the game's over and nobody in the thread is ever going to play it again, I should point out that grenades do have one use: You can blindthrow them into areas you shouldn't logically be able to (such as through the corners of buildings.) Enemies will frequently just stand there and take it if they don't have LoS. Sort of the isometric equivalent of lobbing dung pies over the capra demon's fog door in Dark Souls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Good lp. Glad you finally made it. A bit curious about 'East coast' in the last update though, cause Im pretty sure thats the Mid-West?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This game isnt canon anymore.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Synthbuttrange posted:

This game isnt canon anymore.

With good reason, really.

EDIT: Though a BoS inspired Brotherhood would be interesting. On one hand, they're integrating everyone they can get their hands on while providing stability and technological aid to anyone who joins their banner; on the other, they're crucifying criminals and working captured raiders to death in radioactive shafts.

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

JcDent posted:

EDIT: Though a BoS inspired Brotherhood would be interesting.
When that stupid loving blimp showed up in FO4 I immediately thought of Tactics. (And stopped playing FO4 not long afterward.)

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I guess I'm not missing much?
*remembers the Pimp My Power Armor thing*

XCOM2 on Steam Winter Sale it is, then.

I don't know about the blimps of FO4, but the airship fleet in FOT was more... ork-like in appearance and functionality.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
I thought BoS was "broadly" canon? Like, a Brotherhood chapter definitely traversed the Midwest and the critical plot bits are canon, but the details aren't really known.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
Yeah that was my assumtion. Stuff like talking deathclaws and anything else that contradicts the main canon of the series isnt canon, but there is a brotherhood of steel doing their own thing there still.

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

Iretep posted:

Yeah that was my assumtion. Stuff like talking deathclaws and anything else that contradicts the main canon of the series isnt canon, but there is a brotherhood of steel doing their own thing there still.

Talking, friendly deathclaws are totally a canon thing: there just may not be any left alive, or any way to bring them back after the Enclave got bombed.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

thetruegentleman posted:

Talking, friendly deathclaws are totally a canon thing: there just may not be any left alive, or any way to bring them back after the Enclave got bombed.

Naw, you see, FT BOS has a thing that's worse than talking deathclaws: furry deathclaws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

JcDent posted:

Naw, you see, FT BOS has a thing that's worse than talking deathclaws: furry deathclaws

basically the enclave did nothing wrong killing all the talking deathclaws.

• Locked thread