Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ID129
Jul 9, 2007

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

1 PPR. Need 1 more WR and 1 Flex:

RBs:

D. Murray v HOU
RJennings v ATL
ZStacy @ PHI
TWest @ TEN

WRs:

CJohnson v BUF
KAllen v NYJ
KBenjamin v CHI
MCrabtree v BUF

I really want to run Jennings but it looks like I have a bunch of choices. Am I missing something?

a Flex and WR on top of Murray and Megatron? I would go Jennings and Benjamin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Need two in standard scoring:

Bishop Sankey vs CLE (supposed to get more run this game)
Michael Floyd @ DEN
Golden Tate vs BUF
Eddie Royal vs NYJ

I'm leaning towards Sankey and Floyd since there is no ppr. Should I assume the Eddie Royal TD train continues? Is this the week Tate finally scores after looking great last week?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Another Sankey question, non-PPR league:

Sankey vs. CLE
McKinnon @ GB

I was initially leaning McKinnon, but Sankey seems like he's becoming the guy for the Titans as opposed to McKinnon, who is still behind Asiata in MN. Thoughts?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
1 Flex spot, standard scoring-

Robinson, NO v. TB
Cameron, CLE @ TEN
Ivory, NYJ @ SD
McKinnon, MIN @ GB

Currently have Robinson plugged in on a home start. Cameron has the best match up; Ivory would be my normal starter, but @ SD is tough; McKinnon is going against GB's soft defense but it's on the road and LOLPONDER.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Need a flex, standard scoring, no ppr.

Pick one of:

Keenan Allen v. Jets
Cordarrelle Patterson @ GB
Michael Floyd @ Denver
Matt Asiata @ GB
Zac Stacy @ Phil.

(Starters are Murray/Lacy and Cobb/Maclin if it matters)

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Arnold Layne posted:

Need a flex, standard scoring, no ppr.

Pick one of:

Keenan Allen v. Jets
Cordarrelle Patterson @ GB
Michael Floyd @ Denver
Matt Asiata @ GB
Zac Stacy @ Phil.

(Starters are Murray/Lacy and Cobb/Maclin if it matters)

Join the Thursday Night Pain Train and ride Asiata until the wheels fall off.

Wang
Apr 10, 2003

dance dance ferret revolution

Pick one:

CPatterson @ GB
John Brown @ SF
Devin Hester @ NYG

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Wang posted:

Pick one:

CPatterson @ GB
John Brown @ SF
Devin Hester @ NYG

John Brown, who is in Denver, actually.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Got a really bad feeling about Asiata tonight. 0.2 PPR and points for return yards. Should I play Spiller @ Detroit instead?

Miko
May 20, 2001

Where I come from, there's no such thing as kryptonite.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Got a really bad feeling about Asiata tonight. 0.2 PPR and points for return yards. Should I play Spiller @ Detroit instead?
Rain means a lot of running. Christian Ponder means a lot of running. Asiata's gonna get his volume and GB knows it.

Spiller you're hoping to hit a home run, since Detroit's defense is really good, and he will split carries with FJax. Asiata will just run again and again behind his oline and maybe he'll fall into the endzone, who knows.

You're picking quantity over quality w Asiata.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

So, somehow I am 4-0 with this team in a 12-team .2 PPR league. I need help with who to start at RB, Flex, and TE with the following:

RBs
Giovani Bernard @ NE
Jerick McKinnon @ GB
Pierre Thomas vs. TB
Terrance West @ Ten
Roy Helu vs. Sea

TEs
Heath Miller @ Jac
Jordan Cameron @ Ten

WRs
Antonio Brown @ Jac
Dez Bryant vs. Houston
Pierre Garcon vs. Sea
Kendall Wright vs. Cle

The only thing I know for sure is Gio as RB1 and my two WRs. I'm leaning towards McKinnon at RB2 and Pierre as my flex, but really I can't make up my mind. I can use a TE in the flex as well. Really hesitant to put Garcon in against Seattle and Kendall Wright hasn't been able to get anything going either, so not sure if I want either as my flex option here.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Miko posted:

Rain means a lot of running. Christian Ponder means a lot of running. Asiata's gonna get his volume and GB knows it.

Spiller you're hoping to hit a home run, since Detroit's defense is really good, and he will split carries with FJax. Asiata will just run again and again behind his oline and maybe he'll fall into the endzone, who knows.

You're picking quantity over quality w Asiata.

Your thoughts on McKinnon vs. Sankey as proposed above?

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
mckinnon vs sankey is a coin flip as both of them are unknown quantities, but if teddy doesn't go i'd rather play sankey since green bay will be stacking the box if ponder is out there

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Rorobb posted:

So, somehow I am 4-0 with this team in a 12-team .2 PPR league. I need help with who to start at RB, Flex, and TE with the following:

RBs
Giovani Bernard @ NE
Jerick McKinnon @ GB
Pierre Thomas vs. TB
Terrance West @ Ten
Roy Helu vs. Sea

TEs
Heath Miller @ Jac
Jordan Cameron @ Ten

WRs
Antonio Brown @ Jac
Dez Bryant vs. Houston
Pierre Garcon vs. Sea
Kendall Wright vs. Cle

The only thing I know for sure is Gio as RB1 and my two WRs. I'm leaning towards McKinnon at RB2 and Pierre as my flex, but really I can't make up my mind. I can use a TE in the flex as well. Really hesitant to put Garcon in against Seattle and Kendall Wright hasn't been able to get anything going either, so not sure if I want either as my flex option here.

McKinnon is a big risk that may pay off. I think your team is strong enough to take it. Thomas as your flex, safe play Miller.

e: nvm, forgot Bridgewater isn't playing, stay away from Vikings tonight. Thomas as your RB2 and Cameron as your flex.

Miko
May 20, 2001

a shameful boehner posted:

Your thoughts on McKinnon vs. Sankey as proposed above?
I have no idea how McKinnon's going to be used going forward. Unfortunately I have no idea how Sankey's going to be used either, besides 'more'.

They're in very similar boats, but I honestly would take a flier on McKinnon against whatever GB calls a run defense.

gaan kak
Jul 22, 2007

RAP APOLOGIST
Flex, 0.5 PPR

Spiller
Reggie Wayne
CJ2k

???

I have Spiller in there now, but I don't like him against the Lions that much. Wayne has been hit or miss, and Johnson's (like Spiller's) best hope is to rip off a long run or reception. I don't see either of them getting enough carries to just be productive without something special happening.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Wayne. Luck has been playing at an otherwordly level right now. Moreso because of PPR.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

gaan kak posted:

Flex, 0.5 PPR

Spiller
Reggie Wayne
CJ2k

???

I have Spiller in there now, but I don't like him against the Lions that much. Wayne has been hit or miss, and Johnson's (like Spiller's) best hope is to rip off a long run or reception. I don't see either of them getting enough carries to just be productive without something special happening.

You can drop CJ2k for like John Brown or Hawkins or a Josh Gordon/Mark Ingram/Moreno stash. gently caress Spiller against the #1 defense in the league, go with Wayne.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

warcrimes posted:

McKinnon is a big risk that may pay off. I think your team is strong enough to take it. Thomas as your flex, safe play Miller.

e: nvm, forgot Bridgewater isn't playing, stay away from Vikings tonight. Thomas as your RB2 and Cameron as your flex.

Thanks! That was what I was leaning towards so it's nice to hear someone else agree.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

fat greasy puto posted:

mckinnon vs sankey is a coin flip as both of them are unknown quantities, but if teddy doesn't go i'd rather play sankey since green bay will be stacking the box if ponder is out there

Plus Sankey's at home. Cleveland's run D is somehow worse than GB's (31st vs. 29th). It's not like the Titans have a stable QB situation either so...

Expect me back here lamenting watching McKinnon blowing up tonight.

e: Okay now my brain has worked itself up over this. I need to pick four of these:

McKinnon
Sankey
Hopkins
Marshall
Nelson

Right now I'm leaning Marshall, Nelson, Hopkins, Sankey.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 2, 2014

milkfat
May 6, 2003
Moo.
Ugh, who is going to have an uprediactably bigger week, MicKinnon or Donnell?

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006
Giving aids back to the monkeys.
I'm retarded for even considering asiata over forte this week, right?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Rorobb posted:

Thanks! That was what I was leaning towards so it's nice to hear someone else agree.

Well now I'm hearing Bridgewater is going to start. I'd really just stay away from the whole situation, good luck.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pick one
Zac Stacy @Phl
Allen Hurns v Pit
Jerrick McKinnon @GB

Miko
May 20, 2001

Sleazy P posted:

Monumentally retarded. Forte along with like Murray, Lynch, Bell, Gio (and Bradshaw somehow) are literally the only dudes who have been consistent must play RB1s of the season. There's a huge premium on risk-aversion.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Sleazy P posted:

yes

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

milkfat posted:

Ugh, who is going to have an uprediactably bigger week, MicKinnon or Donnell?

eli loves larry

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
Is Gronk still a stud? I'm waffling. 8 team Yahoo standard.

Gronk vs Cin
Donnell vs Atl

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hawkins @Tenn, McKinnon @GB, or G. Tate v Buff? (I also have J. Hill v NE)

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 2, 2014

Miko
May 20, 2001

The fun thing about Donnell and Gronk is that you can try to take them out of the game if you want. Double, triple-team him, sure.

But both guys are like 6'6" 260+. They're literally Lebron James-sized dudes catching footballs. I think I take Donnell this week versus Atlanta over NE and Gronk in Cincy.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

:siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Ponder is starting per Rapoport.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
In a Non-PPR league, I've the following decisions:

Pierre Garcon vs. Seattle
Andre Johnson @ Dallas

And at flex, I've got

Bishop Sankey vs. Cleveland
Jordan Cameron vs. Tennessee
Donald Brown vs. Jets
[Whichever of Garcon/Johnson I don't pick]

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Does the Ponder news make Packers a better play than Steelers this week? QUICK I NEED AN ANSWER OH GOD!

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better

Mikey Purp posted:

Does the Ponder news make Packers a better play than Steelers this week? QUICK I NEED AN ANSWER OH GOD!

I'm going to hang on to the Steelers, but Ponder has statistically thrown on average 1 int and 1 td per game.

I also need some last second advice. .5 PPR with points of kick and punt returns. My WRs are:

Percy Harvin @ WSH
Markus Wheaton @ JAC
Allen Hurns @ PIT
Corderelle Paterson @ GB
Andrew Hawkins @ TEN

Which 3 do I start? Harvin is a sure starter. Don't know about the other scrubs.

Also on RB:

Montee Ball @ BAL
Toby Gerhart @ ARI
Lamar Miller @ Vacation
Stevan Ridley @ CIN
Darrin Reaves @ CHI

It's a sad day for my team. Please help.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Mikey Purp posted:

Gonna say yes because gently caress Ponder.

Another problem. Yahoo 12 team standard. Need a flex:

R. Bush vs Buf
K. Benjamin vs Chi
I. Crowell @ Ten

I'm kinda leaning toward Benjamin here.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Half PPR, pick 2:

Khiry Robinson (TB)
Jerick McKinnon (@GB)
Jeremy Hill (@NE)
Bishop Sankey (Cle)

Toby Gerhart (Pit) is also available on the WW.

Also someone dropped Cordarrelle Patterson. Do I drop one of Andre Johnson, Josh Gordon, Brian Quick, or one of the aforementioned WRs to pick him up? Starting WRs are Dez Bryant and Kelvin Benjamin, and I have Gronk as a flex behind Jimmy Graham.

Taco Pirate
Jun 3, 2011
With the news about Ponder starting, does that make Matt Asiata a better play this week than say, Montee Ball (vs. Arizona?) Was going to start Ball, but am now second-guessing, but I'm also second-guessing my second-guessing because Thursday.

eta: standard Yahoo, no PPR.

milkfat
May 6, 2003
Moo.

Taco Pirate posted:

With the news about Ponder starting, does that make Matt Asiata a better play this week than say, Montee Ball (vs. Arizona?) Was going to start Ball, but am now second-guessing, but I'm also second-guessing my second-guessing because Thursday.

eta: standard Yahoo, no PPR.

In my no money league I am sitting Ball vs Arizona and starting McKinnon instead in hopes of a higher ceiling. Ball hasn't played that great this season, and Arizona has been solid against the run. DSYS or whatever but we will see how it goes.

Miko
May 20, 2001

Ball has not earned the right to an every-week start.

He's in a great situation, but you still gotta produce yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Am I crazy in thinking of benching Zac Stacy for Justin Forsett in my Flex? Hell, maybe even Montee Ball?

• Locked thread