Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Currently have the Chiefs D, but looking at the numbers, they seem very hit or miss (0, 11, 4, 23). About the only defenses of note on the waiver wire are the Bears (@Panthers), Saints (vs. Bucs), and both sides of Browns vs Titans. Grab one or stand pat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Zero_Grade posted:

Currently have the Chiefs D, but looking at the numbers, they seem very hit or miss (0, 11, 4, 23). About the only defenses of note on the waiver wire are the Bears (@Panthers), Saints (vs. Bucs), and both sides of Browns vs Titans. Grab one or stand pat?

I'm rolling with 2 shares of Titans and 1 share of Chiefs. KC @ SF will be a low-scoring affair and SF has been generous with fantasy points at home. TEN vs CLE is a home game for TEN and Vegas thinks it will also be a low-scoring affair. I'm not as high on TEN this week because they are the 4rth option since the better options are D/STs that are likely rostered:

1) SD vs NYJ
2) DET vs BUF
3) SF vs KC
4) SEA @ WAS
5) TEN vs CLE
6) CAR vs CHI

I'll say this though: DET is looking like a solid hold for RoS, if they get dropped within the next couple of weeks in your respective leagues. Their schedule isn't imposing, but they do have a tough matchup week 17 against GB so be aware.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 3, 2014

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Non PPR Standard scoring.

Spiller @ Det
or
Cruz vs. Atlanta

10bux
Sep 10, 2008
Non-ppr

Cj spiller @ det
Cj2k @ sd

Help!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

PPR, Yahoo. I need help choosing a WR for my flex spot.

Pierre Garcon vs. Sea
Eddie Royal vs. NYJ

Garcon from two weeks ago I'd love. Garcon from one week ago may kill me. Seattle is certainly tough, but they're away, and WRs can score on them.

Royal has been huge, but I expect that to come crashing down any day now. Probably not against the Jets, but who knows.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

thrawn527 posted:

PPR, Yahoo. I need help choosing a WR for my flex spot.

Pierre Garcon vs. Sea
Eddie Royal vs. NYJ

Garcon from two weeks ago I'd love. Garcon from one week ago may kill me. Seattle is certainly tough, but they're away, and WRs can score on them.

Royal has been huge, but I expect that to come crashing down any day now. Probably not against the Jets, but who knows.

I'd start Royal. Garcon is a solid receiver but Cousins is not a solid quarterback. Against SEA they are going to suffer.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

10bux posted:

Non-ppr

Cj spiller @ det
Cj2k @ sd

Help!

I'd take Spiller. Neither is a good option, but Spiller has greater big play potential.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Suave Fedora posted:

I'm rolling with 2 shares of Titans and 1 share of Chiefs. KC @ SF will be a low-scoring affair and SF has been generous with fantasy points at home. TEN vs CLE is a home game for TEN and Vegas thinks it will also be a low-scoring affair. I'm not as high on TEN this week because they are the 4rth option since the better options are D/STs that are likely rostered:

I think I'm gonna end up taking my chances with the Chiefs. SF could blow up, but after looking at more numbers I don't really trust either side of Cleveland/Tenn.

In other start/sit quandary news...

I'm really leaning towards sitting Morris and Ball this weekend, as they're both going against good defenses (and Ball hasn't done much anyways). Highlighted what I'm thinking, but I need 1 RB, 1 WR, and a FLEX out of this jumble:
pre:
Alf Morris	WAS	vs SEA
Montee Ball	DEN	vs ARI
Ahmad Bradshaw	IND	vs BAL
Brian Quick	STL	@ PHI
Andrew Hawkins	CLE	@ TEN
Jeremy Hill	CIN	@ NE
Andre Johnson	HOU	@ DAL
Eddie Royal	SD	vs NYJ

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
Worth dropping NE D/ST for any of the following:

Hou @ Dal
Ari @ Den
KC @ SF
Colts vs Bal
NYG vs Atl
Dal vs Hou
Bal @ Ind
Was vs Sea
Ten vs Cle
Cle @ Ten

Getting ready to hop off the NE ship. Leaning towards the Titans or Cleveland, but neither seem fantastic.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Browns have barely turned the ball over. I don't think defenses facing them have done too well this year

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
yahoo 1 ppr

I could use opinions on my line up this week

QBs:

Andrew Luck v BAL

Russell Wilson v WAS

Right now, I have Luck in just because I have been using him for the past few weeks, but I am wondering if Russell will be racking up more points.

WRs:

I always have Jordy Nelson locked in, but I need to pick two more. Bold is my current choices.

Emmanuel Sanders v ARI

Kelvin Benjamin v CHI

Wes Welker v ARI

Victor Cruz v ATL

Julian Edelman v CIN

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Trying to fill my OP spot. Standard scoring, no PPR
Brady v Cin
Bort v Pit
Gore v KC
Bradshaw v Bal

I don't even know. Maybe if Dobson is back somehow it fixes Brady? I got nothing.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Who wants to take a bite of my poo poo sandwich at RB?

0PPR

Pick two

Spiller @ Det
D. Brown @ NYJ
Taliaferro @ Ind
Reaves vs Chi

Yikes.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
1PPR, 10 yards = 1 point.

Pick 3 (two WR, 1 flex)

Marshall @ Carolina
Allen vs. NYJ
Steve Smith @ Indianapolis
Cruz vs. Atlanta

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Cutler @ Car or Eli v Atl.

Probably more chance of a shootout in the Atlanta game, and not as scary a defense, and at home. Is Eli a safer play this week?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

football fuckerman posted:

Browns have barely turned the ball over. I don't think defenses facing them have done too well this year

Browns have also yet to play away this season. Just something to ponder.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I hate asking the same question two weeks in a row, but the situation is the exact same.

Eric Decker vs. Chargers
Torrey Smith vs. Colts

1/2 point PPR. T.Smith stinks and I don't want to start him, but Decker is Questionable and didn't practice Thurs/Fri. Last week I benched Decker and he scored 12.4 in our league. What are the chances he plays?

shitbutt cockfag
Dec 19, 2004
Is this internet, or am I only dreaming?
After potentially making a mistake playing Asiata last night, I'm afraid I might be overthinking my roster a little bit. Here's what I'm looking at:

WR2:
Vincent Jackson @ NO
Kelvin Benjamin vs. CHI

Flex:
Alfred Morris vs. SEA
Ahmad Bradshaw vs. BAL

ESPN standard, bolded my current picks. Normally I would be playing Morris and Bradshaw both, but I tried to get cute playing Asiata last night and might have gotten burned.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

shitbutt cockfag posted:

After potentially making a mistake playing Asiata last night, I'm afraid I might be overthinking my roster a little bit. Here's what I'm looking at:

WR2:
Vincent Jackson @ NO
Kelvin Benjamin vs. CHI

Flex:
Alfred Morris vs. SEA
Ahmad Bradshaw vs. BAL

ESPN standard, bolded my current picks. Normally I would be playing Morris and Bradshaw both, but I tried to get cute playing Asiata last night and might have gotten burned.

I think the right move is to start Bradshaw over Morris.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Just noticed that Welker was available as a Free Agent in my league, so now I have these receivers:

Maclin vs. STL
Crabtree vs. KC
S. Smith vs. IND
R. White vs. NYG
E. Royal vs. NYJ
Welker vs. ARI

Have to start 3. Standard Yahoo. Thoughts?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Narrowed it down to my flex spot. Who starts?

Alfred Morris vs SEA
Isaiah Crowell @TEN
Jeremy Hill @NE

I'm actually sorta leaning Hill. I'm thinking there could be some good garbage time yards/scores there.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Suave Fedora posted:

Browns have also yet to play away this season. Just something to ponder.

Week one at Pittsburgh.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

football fuckerman posted:

Week one at Pittsburgh.

You're right. The way that Google was showing results threw me off.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Zero_Grade posted:

Narrowed it down to my flex spot. Who starts?

Alfred Morris vs SEA
Isaiah Crowell @TEN
Jeremy Hill @NE

I'm actually sorta leaning Hill. I'm thinking there could be some good garbage time yards/scores there.

I'd start Morris, even against Seattle. Seattle is highly ranked on run defense, true, but their rush defense stats are against Green Bay, Denver, and San Diego; Lacy, Ball, and Matthews have not exactly wowed over the rest of their schedules. Morris, on the other hand, has run pretty well against both good and bad teams so far.

If you just don't like the Seattle matchup, I think Hill is a good choice though.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
My QBs are Cam Newton and Teddy Bridgewater (1QB league)

Pick 1 for week 5:

a - Cam vs. CHI
b - drop (Bobby Rainey? Davonte Adams? Jarius Wright? Cam Newton?) and pick up Austin Davis @ PHI

edit: oh wait, Davonte/Jarius are locked because they played already.

Murmur Twin fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 3, 2014

Bardo
Nov 6, 2009

Prophecy120 posted:

I hate asking the same question two weeks in a row, but the situation is the exact same.

Eric Decker vs. Chargers
Torrey Smith vs. Colts

1/2 point PPR. T.Smith stinks and I don't want to start him, but Decker is Questionable and didn't practice Thurs/Fri. Last week I benched Decker and he scored 12.4 in our league. What are the chances he plays?

Even if Decker does play, which I think he wont, he has Geno throwing him the ball. Is there something on the waivers?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Murmur Twin posted:

My QBs are Cam Newton and Teddy Bridgewater (1QB league)

Pick 1 for week 5:

a - Cam vs. CHI
b - drop (Bobby Rainey? Davonte Adams? Jarius Wright? Cam Newton?) and pick up Austin Davis @ PHI

edit: oh wait, Davonte/Jarius are locked because they played already.

Jesus, you made some bad decisions at QB. Is Bortles available?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

SeannieDarko posted:

1PPR, 10 yards = 1 point.

Pick 3 (two WR, 1 flex)

Marshall @ Carolina
Allen vs. NYJ
Steve Smith @ Indianapolis
Cruz vs. Atlanta

Bump

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
What are people's opinions of Ball this week? I see a lot of sites talking about how difficult a match-up he has with Arizona, yet these same sites are ranking him relatively high (within the top 15 RBs). These same sites list guys like Bradshaw and Sankey much lower, yet these two either a) have been playing pretty well this year (Bradshaw) or b) are taking over the starting spot in a prime match-up against a poor defense.

Basically, would you rather start Ball, Bradshaw, or Sankey this week?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Mashall, Smith, Cruz. No question.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Pick my RB2 for this week: 1 PPR, otherwise mostly standard ESPN

Montee Ball vs. Ari
Knile Davis @ SF (I own and am starting Charles as RB1, if that matters)
Lorenzo Taliaferro @Ind

Montee Ball has not done great so far this season but I feel like he still has a shot at stepping up production. Still, while Taliaferro is probably a riskier/higher volatility play, ESPN seems to be in love with him and are projecting 11 points vs. Ball's 9.

I am a bit ahead at the moment vs. my opponent because I started the Green Bay D/ST, so I suppose I favor safe floor over higher but less likely ceiling.

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006
Giving aids back to the monkeys.
Need some help with my WR2 this week:

Kelvin Benjamin vs CHI
Michael Crabtree vs KC
Pierre Garçon vs SEA

There's really no chance I play Garçon against Seattle, but Crabtree looks super tempting with Davis out. Benjamin has been really consistent for a rookie which has me a little worried that he due for a did.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Sleazy P posted:

Need some help with my WR2 this week:

Kelvin Benjamin vs CHI
Michael Crabtree vs KC
Pierre Garçon vs SEA

There's really no chance I play Garçon against Seattle, but Crabtree looks super tempting with Davis out. Benjamin has been really consistent for a rookie which has me a little worried that he due for a did.

KB all the way. I'm a Bears fan, and can tell you he's gonna go lights out on us this week. I want to say every WR1 that has faced the Bears thus far has gone at least 7/100/1.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Need an RB2. I have Charles at RB1.

Jeremy Hill vs. NE
Ahamad Bradshaw vs. BAL

Also, am I crazy for considering playing Quick over Demaryius Thomas as my flex? I have Dez Bryant and Marshall as my other 2 WRs.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

cheese posted:

Need an RB2. I have Charles at RB1.

Jeremy Hill vs. NE
Ahamad Bradshaw vs. BAL

Also, am I crazy for considering playing Quick over Demaryius Thomas as my flex? I have Dez Bryant and Marshall as my other 2 WRs.

Bradshaw. And yes you are crazy. What is this with that receiving corps?A 6 man league?

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
i dont trust demayrius this week but he has had a lot of targets this season. if you have an upside wr2 i would consider it until demayrius can get over his current case of the drops. and by an upside wr2 i dont mean quick

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

So which of these 3 will suck less?

Newton @ Chicago
Flacco @ Indy
Cousins @ Seattle

Feel like I'll end up starting Cam and he'll bring in 10 points again.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Ugh, I'm seriously considering benching Calvin Johnson for Maclin this week. We can only start 2 WR. I'm already starting Antonio Brown, and I have Maclin just sitting there on the bench.
Is there good reason to think that Calvin is going to be anything more than a decoy again this week?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

ChocolatePancake posted:

Ugh, I'm seriously considering benching Calvin Johnson for Maclin this week. We can only start 2 WR. I'm already starting Antonio Brown, and I have Maclin just sitting there on the bench.
Is there good reason to think that Calvin is going to be anything more than a decoy again this week?

From what I can tell, the Lions can't really afford to use him as a decoy if he plays because they're having big running back troubles and need every weapon they can get, but I'm doubting he'll even play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
maclin has been a beast all season, regardless of last weeks abberation i would start him over cj who wasnt healthy last week and doesnt seem any better this week

• Locked thread