Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mexican Land Baron
Aug 5, 2008
I need a flex play with a high ceiling because my opponent puts up tons of points.
Standard ESPN scoring:

Montee Ball vs. ARI
Golden Tate vs. BUF

I'm thinking of going with Tate because Ball has been underwhelming this year and is facing a good Arizona defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I would probably go with Tate as well. The Broncos run blocking is awful this year.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Mexican Land Baron posted:

I need a flex play with a high ceiling because my opponent puts up tons of points.
Standard ESPN scoring:

Montee Ball vs. ARI
Golden Tate vs. BUF

I'm thinking of going with Tate because Ball has been underwhelming this year and is facing a good Arizona defense.

Yeah I got Ball on the Bench just because of Zona this week.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

tonic posted:

So which of these 3 will suck less?

Newton @ Chicago
Flacco @ Indy
Cousins @ Seattle

Feel like I'll end up starting Cam and he'll bring in 10 points again.

I like Flacco against Indy. The Colts don't have a great pass defense but should score quite a bit. So Flacco should be doing what he loves and chucking it for at least half the game.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

cheese posted:

Need an RB2. I have Charles at RB1.

Jeremy Hill vs. NE
Ahamad Bradshaw vs. BAL

Also, am I crazy for considering playing Quick over Demaryius Thomas as my flex? I have Dez Bryant and Marshall as my other 2 WRs.

I'd play Hill. Baltimore has a top 10 run defense in y/g, y/a and TDs but a soft pass defense, New England is a bottom tier run defense but top-4 passing defense. Hill should get around 10 touches and some goal line looks.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Are you Ben Tate owners rolling with him this week?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I am, but then my other options are Steven Jackson and that's it.

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

Full Metal Jackass posted:

I am because I expect him to outperform Mathews and Ingram...

I am torn between him and J. Hill, though. I wasn't until today when Tate himself sounded unsure of his own damned status :|

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
1 point PPR

Nick Foles vs StL
Bort Bortles vs PIT

Pierre Garcon vs SEA
Torrey Smith @ IND

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Pick my RB2 for this week: 1 PPR, otherwise mostly standard ESPN

Montee Ball vs. Ari
Knile Davis @ SF (I own and am starting Charles as RB1, if that matters)
Lorenzo Taliaferro @Ind

Montee Ball has not done great so far this season but I feel like he still has a shot at stepping up production. Still, while Taliaferro is probably a riskier/higher volatility play, ESPN seems to be in love with him and are projecting 11 points vs. Ball's 9.

I am a bit ahead at the moment vs. my opponent because I started the Green Bay D/ST, so I suppose I favor safe floor over higher but less likely ceiling.

Bumping once for feedback, because I can't make decisions for myself without someone validating them. :ohdear:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Bumping once for feedback, because I can't make decisions for myself without someone validating them. :ohdear:

Ball will give you a safe floor as the starting RB out of all those options.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Leperflesh posted:

Ball is the only #1 back of those three, so...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK. Thanks for the confirmation, I feel validated now. :)

Guru Yaekob
Feb 6, 2011

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Guru Yaekob posted:

Eli Manning or Nick Foles

I have Zach Ertz and Rashad Jennings.

Anyone??

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Manning.

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
Eli or Cam? in standard scoring

It's gotta be Eli at this point right? Falcons game will probably have tons of reason to pass too.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah Eli.

I don't consider Cam startable right now unless it's an emergency. His ribs are obviously still hurting his mobility, and his team is garbage.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Think it's worth picking up Denard Robinson (vs Pit) to replace Decker @ SD? It sounds like Decker won't play or will be pretty limited, but Robinson still doesn't make me very excited despite his weird WR/RB classification. He hasn't scored much more than 3 points all season, but it does sound like his value is going up and I have no other alternatives if Decker sits.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Decker is Q and didn't practice and has a hammy injury. I don't think you can gamble on him maybe playing.

Robinson is sharing carries with Gerhart which lowers his value, and he's on JAX which realllly lowers his value, but he's unlikely to give you a goose egg so it's better than nothing.

Who else is on the waivers?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Leperflesh posted:

Decker is Q and didn't practice and has a hammy injury. I don't think you can gamble on him maybe playing.

Robinson is sharing carries with Gerhart which lowers his value, and he's on JAX which realllly lowers his value, but he's unlikely to give you a goose egg so it's better than nothing.

Who else is on the waivers?

There's Miles Austin who has had a couple good games in a row, Allen Robinson (JAX too but maybe he'd be OK with Bort), Andre Roberts, Stevie Johnson...that's about it.

e: I'd have to drop someone out of these to get a replacement: Donald Brown, James Jones, Joique Bell, or Marvin Jones. I guess it'd be between donald and Marvin.

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 4, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like Miles Austin a whooooole lot more than Denard Robinson. Especially in PPR, but even in non-PPR he's way outscored Robinson every week.

The Browns are also coming off a bye week so they're theoretically well rested.

Andre Roberts is playing Seattle and has not seen much play anyway.

I like Stevie Johnson. Kaep has been sending targets his way even while SF has had close games and come-from-behind games, so he's a legit option. Vernon Davis is likely not to play this weekend as well, which bumps Johnson up a notch. He's still behind Crabs and Boldin of course, and KC is not an easy match, but Johnson is only ever going to get single coverage while crabs or boldin get the bulk of the defense's attention. He might only get you five points, but he also could get you 15.

I don't think you drop James Jones even though he's a Raider. I like Marvin (and I'm holding him on my bench myself) for a later-in-the-season upside guy. So I'd say drop Brown and then grab whichever of Austin or Johnson you like best.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Shorts and Marquise Lee are out, so Allen Robinson might be a decent PPR play. Bort throws him a lot of screens. I can see him getting something like 9 catches for 50 yards.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gonna lean Foles

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

0.2PPR

DeMarco Murray v Hou
Bishop Sankey v Cle
Andre Ellington @Den
Jeremy Hill @NE

Percy Harvin @Wsh
Sammy Watkins @Det
Kendall Wright v Cle
Vincent Jackson @NO

I need one more RB and a Flex assuming nobody thinks my picks at WR are wrong

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Ellington ^^^

HEEEEELP

Brandin Cooks or Ben Tate?

Non ppr, standard td heavy scoring.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 4, 2014

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I'd play Hill. Baltimore has a top 10 run defense in y/g, y/a and TDs but a soft pass defense, New England is a bottom tier run defense but top-4 passing defense. Hill should get around 10 touches and some goal line looks.

SeannieDarko posted:

Bradshaw. And yes you are crazy. What is this with that receiving corps?A 6 man league?
12 man - I got Bryant as part of a big trade after week 1 and then picked up Thomas in a buy-low move last week (I got Thomas and J. Bell for Stacy and DeAndre Hopkins).
All the advice I'm getting is split on this one. I think people are either in the "Last week was a one-off and NE's run D isnt THAT bad" or "NE cannot stop the run at all now".

Think I'm going Bradshaw, the colts offense is just too good and Luck seems to look for him in red zone situations.

cheese fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 4, 2014

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NE has more than just its problems with stopping the run: it also has no offense, so the D spends more time on the field and gets worn down. I don't think NE's D is startable until the team shows that it can still win games.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

NE has more than just its problems with stopping the run: it also has no offense, so the D spends more time on the field and gets worn down. I don't think NE's D is startable until the team shows that it can still win games.

Me too, I just think it might be the best play on that list, if not the most conservative pick.

Dale Meets Wall
Aug 17, 2004

Dale will always steer you in the RIGHT direction!
Pick 1. Yahoo standard 1.0 PPR

Garcon vs Seattle
Crabtree vs Kansas City
Cooks vs Tampa Bay
Wheaton @ Jacksonville

I'm leaning towards Cooks since he's pretty consistent at ~10 points a week and Garcon has a tough matchup.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
Niles Paul vs SEA
Zach Ertz vs STL

Niles paul has been cleared to play but I am worried about his participation level.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

I can't decide between Ball or Bradshaw still :(

MarquisDeCarabas
Jun 16, 2012

winvirus posted:

I can't decide between Ball or Bradshaw still :(

Bradshaw. At this point, I would almost always pick him over Ball (as a grumpy Ball owner) and especially when DEN is facing AZ. Doubly so if your league is PPR.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

So Foles last week and the continued terribleness of JAX have me confused...

Foles @ STL
Or
Big Ben @ JAX

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Andre Johnson (@ Dal) or Zac Stacy (@ Phi) -- Leaning toward Stacy since Andre is battling an ankle injury and hasn't been limited at practice

Chris Ivory (@ SD) or Brandin Cooks (vs TB) -- Leaning toward Ivory, but can't help feel Cooks is going to have a big game at home against TB.

Crazyweasel posted:

So Foles last week and the continued terribleness of JAX have me confused...

Foles @ STL
Or
Big Ben @ JAX

Foles.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Need some rb/wr help. 1 ppr.

Sankey or Crowell?

Boldin or Michael Floyd

Jordan Cameron or Heath Miller

:confused:

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

ForbiddenWonder posted:

Need some rb/wr help. 1 ppr.

Sankey or Crowell?

Boldin or Michael Floyd

Jordan Cameron or Heath Miller

:confused:

I would probably go Sankey, Floyd, coin flip.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Browns D/ST @ Ten or Steelers D/ST @ Jax ? Or take a 0.

Seriously considering the 0 after negative point totals the last two weeks from Carolina.

tonic fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Oct 4, 2014

TotallyUnoriginal
Oct 15, 2004

Damnit bob
Yahoo 1PPR

Who should I start at my flex?

Foster @ DAL
JHill @ NE

Leaning towards Hill now, I think he's going to murder them. Foster's hamstring still worries me for this week but they've listed him as probable so I don't know!

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

tonic posted:

Browns D/ST @ Ten or Steelers D/ST @ Jax ? Or take a 0.

Seriously considering the 0 after negative point totals the last two weeks from Carolina.
Steelers.

Pick 2 flex, standard scoring

Jeremy Hill @ NE
Bishop Sankey vs Cle
Brandin Cooks vs TB
Markus Wheaton @ Jax

also, choose between:

Philip Rivers vs NYJ
Jay Cutler @ Car

another league, Pick 1, standard scoring

Kelvin Benjamin vs Chi
Keenan Allen vs NYJ