Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Yeah, he was just doing it because it was funny and he hadn't picked up a spare insignia yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Christoff posted:

Is there some kind of tag my SA username gets for being a Navy dude that never cranked

E5, bunch of deployments on ships, never cranked and never will. Whatup?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
GiP warfare devices for: never cranking, missing every career navy day ball, being at a command when the CO gets fired, marrying a tricareatops, etc.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

GiP warfare devices for: never cranking, missing every career navy day ball, being at a command when the CO gets fired, marrying a tricareatops, etc.

Well poo poo. I'm a GiP device having MoFo. I did crank, for 49 days on a DD. The CPO mess hated my music. Never been to a Navy ball, although I will admit, I kind of want to wear a tiara just once. Only 2 COs fired, and one XO. We tried really hard to get CMC fired but that didn't work. Far as I know she's still in CMC on shore duty and still a CMC. And no tricareatops or dependas for me. He has his own Tricare. And paycheck.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

poopkitty posted:

Only 2 COs fired, and one XO

This feel like it should be abnormally high, in spite of the front page of navytimes every week.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

But I mean "fired" in the Military just means you're relieved of your duties at said place/command only for it to be reinstated elsewhere or forced into retirement? lol

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sir Lucius posted:

This feel like it should be abnormally high, in spite of the front page of navytimes every week.

In 18 years, 4 ships, so maybe that's why?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

ActusRhesus posted:

Only had one "is the CMC a retard?" experience...we got a new CMC. The community I was working in had a disproportionate number of sailors marrying admittedly hot, but crazy chicks and it ending badly. Experience taught us that the first thing that would happen after separation occurred was a phone call from the soon to be ex claiming non-support. Experience also taught us that if you blow them off, they will keep going higher and higher up the food chain until eventually Hottie McBatshit is calling the CO's desk. So my LNC and I had a system wherein we directed the quarterdeck to refer all crazy exes to legal...LNC or I would listen, pretend to give a poo poo, then say "Wow, that's really terrible. We take things like this very seriously. Can you please put all that in a letter, and attach any receipts or bills you have, and send it to the command, to my attention? Once we get your letter I will make sure we look into it and take appropriate action." The ones who just wanted to gently caress with their ex would not be bothered...and the rare instance it was a legit complaint, we would have what we needed to sit down and counsel petty officer idiot. After hanging up, we would back brief the appropriate LCPO and the CMC. Well, shortly after new CMC arrived, we got a call from a crazy. We fielded it, went to tell CMC, and he was in the shower. No biggie. Whatever. so the LCPO filled him in later that morning. He went ape poo poo "blah blah blah. This is enlisted business. Stay out of it. This isn't your place. Blah blah blah. Lot's of profanity." So after explaining to him that, while I was only a staff officer, and he was the CMC, I was still an officer, and his tone was not appropriate, he left my office, again telling me to stay out of enlisted affairs. So I called all the over-eager first tour JAGs who were handling these alleged "non-support" claims on behalf of the crazies from their various legal assistance commands...and the crazies who were unrepresented...and told them all that their new POC for this issue was the CMC and they should direct all calls to him from now on. About 30 minutes (and no less than 6 calls from overzealous 25 year old lawyers) later, the CMC came back into my office and recognized that perhaps legal was the best place to handle this particular issue, and perhaps staff corps have their uses. He wasn't a bad guy, all in all...he just needed to learn to slow down and observe a little bit before deciding what needed to be fixed. We weren't the only shop to have that issue with him.

A few years after I got out, I hooked up with a HN from the Love Boat for a few weekends of fun. Her estranged husband kept calling the CMC, complaining about whatever. I didn't stick around long enough to find out what happened.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Sir Lucius posted:

Lets see, I have one for CO fired (quietly), CoB fired (quietly), and never going to a ball.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Our engineer got fired. Close enough? We also had a guy on board who raped and murdered a girl in the 70s or 80s.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mad Dragon posted:

We also had a guy on board who raped and murdered a girl in the 70s or 80s.

This is gonna need a little more of an explanation.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

poopkitty posted:

This is gonna need a little more of an explanation.

http://www.sptimes.com/News/021600/TampaBay/The_victim_s_mother_l.shtml
http://www.sptimes.com/News/021000/TampaBay/After_24_years__he_s_.shtml

Mad Dragon fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 14, 2014

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

quote:

Kuenn, who went on to a career as a U.S. Navy petty officer aboard a submarine in Groton, Conn., confessed to the crime in 1998, calling Hutto's death an accident. The two were kissing in the vacant house and Kuenn wanted to have sex, he told investigators. Hutto refused, yelling into the foggy night air. To quiet her screams, Kuenn said he hit the young woman with the 2-by-4.
Can we just nuke everyone on this planet already?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I had a CO fired, an XO fired, and a CMC fired, CMC and XO for drunk driving, and CO for bad videos. Never been to a navy ball, never will go, and refreshingly single.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Had a Chief that was afraid of firings to the point he called in everyone E-4 and below into a conference room to scare everyone into not reporting a drat thing (even went so far as to tell us all that if we are planning to kill ourselves we should because we are a blight on society if we cant handle the 'old school Navy' he was trying to keep around, in a room that had four of my suicidal patients), a CO that was trying his hardest to quiet people pointing poo poo out that was wrong with the system, and a Chief's Mess that throws the book at junior people but sweeps poo poo under the rug as much as possible for E-5 and above.

I couldnt imagine working in a command with some of the poo poo you guys have, although if the female CMC Poopkitty had ran Great Lakes' Corpsman A School the year it closed I wouldn't be surprised.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Had a Chief that was afraid of firings to the point he called in everyone E-4 and below into a conference room to scare everyone into not reporting a drat thing (even went so far as to tell us all that if we are planning to kill ourselves we should because we are a blight on society if we cant handle the 'old school Navy' he was trying to keep around, in a room that had four of my suicidal patients), a CO that was trying his hardest to quiet people pointing poo poo out that was wrong with the system, and a Chief's Mess that throws the book at junior people but sweeps poo poo under the rug as much as possible for E-5 and above.

I couldnt imagine working in a command with some of the poo poo you guys have, although if the female CMC Poopkitty had ran Great Lakes' Corpsman A School the year it closed I wouldn't be surprised.

Panda, I sure hope that E-7 is no longer in the Navy. As much as I dislike this job sometimes, I really like most of the people. After all they were fed the same kool aid as me.

And no, she didn't. She wasn't a CMC until she got to my ship. I think she's at her last duty station now. She won't go back to sea at least.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
One CO fired, one CO court-martialed. The former was a shitstain who deserved it, but not for reasons given, the latter was a decent guy who got caught up in a lot of OJAG political bullshit. The former spends most of his days whining to anyone who will listen about how unfair it all is and how OJAG is the reason he can't find meaningful post-navy employment, the latter spent 90 days in the brig catching up on his reading and now makes bank in the private sector, so I guess all works out in the end.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

poopkitty posted:

Panda, I sure hope that E-7 is no longer in the Navy. As much as I dislike this job sometimes, I really like most of the people. After all they were fed the same kool aid as me.

And no, she didn't. She wasn't a CMC until she got to my ship. I think she's at her last duty station now. She won't go back to sea at least.

He's still in, he landed orders to DC roght after he pushed for me to go to Mast and shafted me at the DRB for my bogus reckless driving charges when my LPO that abandoned the dude I picked up got his early out approved.

Seems like his types are common at my command with cool dudes randomly showing up. Everyone says I pretty much have the shittiest luck ending up here with 4 year orders on a 5 year contract. Lol.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

Pandasmores posted:

He's still in, he landed orders to DC roght after he pushed for me to go to Mast and shafted me at the DRB for my bogus reckless driving charges when my LPO that abandoned the dude I picked up got his early out approved.

Seems like his types are common at my command with cool dudes randomly showing up. Everyone says I pretty much have the shittiest luck ending up here with 4 year orders on a 5 year contract. Lol.

Proving my theory that DC is a magnet for asswipes.

also drb for reckless driving is weak sauce unless you offroaded it through a strip mall or something.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

ActusRhesus posted:

Proving my theory that DC is a magnet for asswipes.

also drb for reckless driving is weak sauce unless you offroaded it through a strip mall or something.

Nope, pretty much their only "evidence" was that I went out with the dudes that went to the bar but never stepped foot in the bar, let alone ignoring that I didn't get stopped by the cops, the base MAs at the gate, the investigating officer (as well as most of them hilariously) commended me for doing the right thing completely sober, and I was the only one they had questioned the morning after the incident at work that didn't wreak of alcohol from the previous night.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Pandasmores posted:

Nope, pretty much their only "evidence" was that I went out with the dudes that went to the bar but never stepped foot in the bar, let alone ignoring that I didn't get stopped by the cops, the base MAs at the gate, the investigating officer (as well as most of them hilariously) commended me for doing the right thing completely sober, and I was the only one they had questioned the morning after the incident at work that didn't wreak of alcohol from the previous night.

So he sent you to DRB for being the sober driver? Wow. That's a special kind of rear end in a top hat.

Gecnan
Apr 26, 2008

Y'all here about the ships stuck in PI?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/10/marine-held-in-death-of-transgender-in-the-philippines/

Edit: beaten by the Marines thread.
No liberty in seventh fleet for the next year.

Gecnan fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Oct 14, 2014

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Gecnan posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/10/marine-held-in-death-of-transgender-in-the-philippines/

Edit: beaten by a Marine thread.

ftfy

Oooh it's Japan all over again.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Never had a CO or XO fired, though my last one should have been. I did have a former CO get wrapped up in the Fat Leonard fiasco though. Also, I've never been to a Navy Ball either. gently caress that noise.

Also, my 6 months of loving off in schools and on leave is over. I'm in Sas-vegas now about to get put on the clock again.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

When we went to PI a sailor got drunk, punched out a window, shoved a cop, wrestled a bunch of other sailors, and ran away from the police after already being detained. He got NJP'd (obviously) and sent back from deployment to get separated

The JAG had to walk off ship with a bag of $10k or some poo poo at least twice if not more

But yeah can't top the dude who found his sister working at a whore house and went outside and punched out a window in a fit of rage. No less than at least 3 different windows were punched out that port stop

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

The fat Leonard thing was gold. The investigation was like a who's who of shady. Knew more than a few involved. Not surprised by any of them, but was surprised some were willing to tube their careers over lady gaga tickets. I would have held out for a better act.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Gecnan posted:

Edit: beaten by the Marines thread.

lol marines
"my options are a) have a funny story to tell people b) enjoy a new experience that I really wasn't secretly hoping for really or c) spend 25 to life for murder"

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

Also, not realizing the she is a he is a westpac rookie mistake. They really should include "look at the hands and feet" during orientation.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:
So I'm TDY somewhere there's no Navy, or even any DoD, for six months. Obviously my PRT was bound to be an issue. Talked to my chain and told them about it, they say its cool, so naturally I'm skeptical as poo poo. Find another sailor who's also going and found out he put in an SRC and a copy of his travel orders. I do the same and turn it in. "Oh, thanks."

Two weeks ago by. LPO says she'll get with me before the weekend.

Three weeks go by. I've now left.

Seven weeks go by. Two weeks to PRT window and at this point I've called my DFL, CFL office (4 times, getting 4 unique answers) and even called a Chief from another department who all say they'll get back to me.

Eighth week and my LPO finally calls. "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOU COULDN'T PRT THERE?" So I tell my LPO I dropped an SRC and she says she'll call me back when she finds it.

>Three days later.
"Hey, I need you to resubmit your SRC."
"Why?"
"I need you to move the date submitted to today. It looks like we sat on this with the date being in August."
:captainpop:

So I resubmit everything. Change the dates to cover their asses. Get a call four days later from DIVO. "You better not submit this poo poo so late again."

ROGER

Yet somehow they blew their lid when I said I wanted to drop an army warrant aviation packet as if I was leaving the brass ring behind. Granted I'm sure my army packet will never be completed, because two items on there have to come from my current chain of command in a timely fashion. What boggles my loving mind is that it's been this way for the past two years. My girlfriend had an out of bounds chit get sat on for three weeks and was told AFTER the weekend that it was approved. How does anyon-- hungghghhghhh

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Analogical posted:

So I'm TDY somewhere there's no Navy, or even any DoD, for six months. Obviously my PRT was bound to be an issue. Talked to my chain and told them about it, they say its cool, so naturally I'm skeptical as poo poo. Find another sailor who's also going and found out he put in an SRC and a copy of his travel orders. I do the same and turn it in. "Oh, thanks."

Seven weeks go by. Two weeks to PRT window and at this point I've called my DFL, CFL office (4 times, getting 4 unique answers) and even called a Chief from another department who all say they'll get back to me.

Eighth week and my LPO finally calls. "WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOU COULDN'T PRT THERE?" So I tell my LPO I dropped an SRC and she says she'll call me back when she finds it.

>Three days later.
"Why?"
"I need you to move the date submitted to today. It looks like we sat on this with the date being in August."

So I resubmit everything. Change the dates to cover their asses. Get a call four days later from DIVO. "You better not submit this poo poo so late again."

ROGER

Yet somehow they blew their lid when I said I wanted to drop an army warrant aviation packet as if I was leaving the brass ring behind. Granted I'm sure my army packet will never be completed, because two items on there have to come from my current chain of command in a timely fashion. What boggles my loving mind is that it's been this way for the past two years. My girlfriend had an out of bounds chit get sat on for three weeks and was told AFTER the weekend that it was approved. How does anyon-- hungghghhghhh

You should print out this post and read it aloud when you're at DRB for trying to dodge a PRT

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ActusRhesus posted:

Also, not realizing the she is a he is a westpac rookie mistake. They really should include "look at the hands and feet" during orientation.

Because realizing you liked it and your bunkmates will call you gay is a great reason to murder someone. Maybe we should teach "don't loving kill people" during orientation.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Analogical posted:

Friend of mine wanted to go to the carrier to pin a protégé. Carrier works it out, pays for the COD ride, requests her to come aboard, the whole 9. But our command dropped the ball and didn't tell her she could go until 1 hour after the COD left. And CMC (who isn't, just the Senior Master Chief because we are too small for a real one) is wondering why she's mad.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Analogical posted:

>Three days later.
"Why?"

ROGER

navy.txt

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Analogical posted:

Also, the answer to this is NO. And always have copies.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Analogical posted:

So I'm TDY somewhere there's no Navy, or even any DoD, for six months. Obviously my PRT was bound to be an issue.

Our CFL type always just set us to DEP/OP whenever we were indisposed due to whatever TDY.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Laranzu posted:

Our CFL type always just set us to DEP/OP whenever we were indisposed due to whatever TDY.

Difference being you had a good CFL.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

orange juche posted:

Difference being you had a good CFL.

Now I'm getting crap for wanting to go Warrant. I guess it does feel like breaking up with the Navy for a prettier girl. Even if the other girl is still an abysmal hambeast

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Analogical posted:

Now I'm getting crap for wanting to go Warrant. I guess it does feel like breaking up with the Navy for a prettier girl. Even if the other girl is still an abysmal hambeast

That's something I will never understand. I have always wanted the people I worked with to either be advancing in the Navy, advancing in some other federal service, or having a plan to move into civilian life and succeed. The measure of a good leader is their subordinates successes. The fact certain senior people impede plans out of nothing but laziness or malice has always left me with a bitter taste.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Nick Soapdish posted:

That's something I will never understand. I have always wanted the people I worked with to either be advancing in the Navy, advancing in some other federal service, or having a plan to move into civilian life and succeed. The measure of a good leader is their subordinates successes. The fact certain senior people impede plans out of nothing but laziness or malice has always left me with a bitter taste.

I could get it if the Navy sacrificed all this money and training on me, but the Navy doesn't even know what I do or manage me and all my training was given to me (re: paid for) by the DoD.

tl;dr who gives a fuk what color my uniform is if i'm still aiding the war humanitarian relief effort in the middle east :cumpolice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

poopkitty posted:

Because realizing you liked it and your bunkmates will call you gay is a great reason to murder someone. Maybe we should teach "don't loving kill people" during orientation.

They can teach both. Do you honestly think i agree with his murdering someone?

• Locked thread