Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
It's always weird seeing someone wearing a CMB and a CAB at the same time. I like my chest like I like a woman's chest, flat and smooth so I can pretend it's a man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Cole posted:

if someone enlisted and got a CIB and then went to ocs or w/e and commissioned as logistics or something would they be eligible for a CAB?

because if so, i would wear them both on my uniform after i retire to bait stolen valor people

but i'm already out so this is all moo

I was told I actually rated a CAB (after hitting a delayed det IED that tore the top of my helmet) even though I was Infantry, because I was slotted as an MP. I have no clue how true it is- I dont really care about a CAB, even if I do think it is pretty cool looking.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Spicy Guacamole posted:

How much does your LT love the cock? Would you say that your LT loves an enormous amount of cock or a tremendous amount of cock?

Zeris posted:

"So....do you have stairs in your house?"
"Sir please just piss in the cup."

Its 6am and I am dying imagining this poo poo right here.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

I was told I actually rated a CAB (after hitting a delayed det IED that tore the top of my helmet) even though I was Infantry, because I was slotted as an MP. I have no clue how true it is- I dont really care about a CAB, even if I do think it is pretty cool looking.

I played prison guard some up in Kurdistan in 2006 as an 11B. The Bn XO had an ND, shots fired. Where's my CAB. Just kidding nobody cares about the CAB. God that deployment was loving awful.

Bloodborne
Sep 24, 2008

McSpatula posted:

gently caress. Lost a brother three years ago, on this day; not a day goes by where this feels any easier.

Have a beer or two, gently caress october.

http://www.soc.mil/Memorial%20Wall/Bios/Domeij_Kristoffer.pdf

Sorry bro, drinking a Dogfishhead now in honor. 14 deployments, that's gangster.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

internet jerk posted:

I played prison guard some up in Kurdistan in 2006 as an 11B. The Bn XO had an ND, shots fired. Where's my CAB. Just kidding nobody cares about the CAB. God that deployment was loving awful.

I don't even know if it is true, but my BN CMDR and CO said I did. But gently caress those two chodes.

GreenMeat
Sep 2, 2002
slow mutant
Final out complete, 214 in hand. cheers, muffukkas

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

GreenMeat is now king of GiP.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

GreenMeat posted:

Yesss. Come to the vet thread. One of us.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

GreenMeat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBXyB7niEc0

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

GreenMeat posted:

:feelsgood:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Goddammit, fuckers need to cut my orders. This talk of 214s makes me hunger for freedom.

Oh another note, wife was laughing because I managed to only wear my ASUs twice. Once for graduation in basic, once for some stupid traffic school on the weekend because I got a ticket on post.

It's still got PFC rank on it, heh.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

not caring here posted:

Goddammit, fuckers need to cut my orders. This talk of 214s makes me hunger for freedom.

Oh another note, wife was laughing because I managed to only wear my ASUs twice. Once for graduation in basic, once for some stupid traffic school on the weekend because I got a ticket on post.

Did not have to wear it in AIT, even once?

HelpImARock3
May 27, 2010

Don't get treed by a Chihuahua

White Chocolate posted:

Or get voluntold into some honors detachment? Or a ball, or an ASU inspection? Anything?

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

HelpImARock3 posted:

Or get voluntold into some honors detachment? Or a ball, or an ASU inspection? Anything?

it's not that unbelievable. i wore my class A's maybe four times in five years. once in basic, once for the board, and once for funeral detail, and once for a ball after deployment.

other than that i managed to get out of all class A inspections and got away with hanger inspections.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

White Chocolate posted:

Well, we went through OSUT, but I call that basic graduation.

HelpImARock3 posted:

Only had one mandatory dining out bullshit thing but I broke my arm and had a cast on it. Couldn't wear the long sleeve shirt or the jacket, got told I couldn't go. Big loving loss.

I was, however, current on my combat life saver, licensed on the blue bird buses, tanks, bradley's and strykers, so was always kept around for those last minute taskings of crap. Field is always better than anything involving ASUs

stevenolson88
Sep 30, 2009

Hit me two year mark at Fort Hood the other day. Only taken two PT test since being here. One for inprocessing, and the other for EIB. 14 months to go.

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST

not caring here posted:

Thread confusion is noble divide. I wore my ASUs once every three months without fail for some stupid reason or another, but I had E-5s that hadn't updated their poo poo since OSUT, even after deployments.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Figures that the first snowfall of the season is scheduled to hit halfway through our field exercise. Hooray!

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Aranan posted:

Figures that the first snowfall of the season is scheduled to hit halfway through our field exercise. Hooray!

:laugh:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
What's that, Lassie? 3 day weekend and 2 1/2 day work week?

Sucks to be 2BDE.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Pfft, better than 1BDE and then doing it last month. What's the point of doing mountain peak training at fort drum if you aren't going to do it in the snow?!

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Sucks to be 2BDE army

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Aranan posted:

Pfft, better than 1BDE

Congratulations my friend. You just hosed your entire brigade.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Got my orders

Suck my diiiiiiiick

Gonna be on terminal the day before thanksgiving.

Suck my diiiiiiiick army, you earned it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Stop shaving now

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm asking here, because it is kind of Army specific, but let me know if I should cross post into the questions thread-
Is there anyway to get copies of, or otherwise read witness statements that lead to awards for valor? I mean the award orders say a bit, but I was hoping to see the actual witness sworn statements.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
You could probably submit an open records request.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Cole posted:

Congratulations my friend. You just hosed your entire brigade.

Phenomenal cosmic powers... Itty bitty sleeping space.

I'm just jealous they didn't have to deal with (potential) snow. My southern self hasn't really seen much yet so it kind of scares me.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Sneaky HHC commander tried to lure me to drill next weekend before my 90 day drill-free period is up. Screw that.

Also, I don't even know where my uniforms are.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

psydude posted:

Sneaky HHC commander tried to lure me to drill next weekend before my 90 day drill-free period is up. Screw that.

Did you CONEX get shipped back yet?

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

Welcome back to freedom, we canceled honey boo boo in your honor.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Did you CONEX get shipped back yet?

We never had one, nor did we have STRATAIR, so we had to mail everything back and claim it on our voucher. But all of my uniforms from Afghanistan are MULTICAM, so I can't wear those anyway. I have no idea where my ACUs are. Oh well.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Show up in DCUs, the most comfortable and operationally sound uniform the army ever developed.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Vasudus posted:

Show up in a vehicle crewman jumpsuit, the most comfortable and operationally sound uniform the army ever developed.

Flame retardant AND it has a butt flap for pooping.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

FRACUs are pretty comfortable. DCUs have been gone for nearly 10 years, unless you're a deployed DA/DOD Civilian.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The combat shirts are great, but they fall apart after like 4 or 5 times in the washer.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Vasudus posted:

Show up in DCUs, the most comfortable and operationally sound uniform the army ever developed.

If you didnt wear DCUs in Iraq then i'm sorry for how bad you had it there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

White Chocolate posted:

Fixed that for you.

Did you mention something about my clearance to our CoC? I doubt they will finish redoing my clearance in the 242 days before I ETS. Since the unit will not let me transfer I am going to ask to go into IRR after ETS so I can hopefully get a call from a unit closer to home.

• Locked thread