Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks
Right now I'm actually sorta hoping it's Oduya out and TVR in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderhorse Z
Sep 29, 2010

We're in a tight spot.

reach42 posted:

Right now I'm actually sorta hoping it's Oduya out and TVR in.

Wouldn't surprise me. Sounds like Bowman is pushing pretty hard for TVR.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Something something struck like a wrecking ball (Necromantix, not Miley Cyrus) Mats Zuccarello

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Avs after six games:

0-5-1
Seven goals scored.

Man I hope we figure something out. I was thinking there might be some regression but good Lord. I know its preseason but things like this don't inspire confidence.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

LumpyGumby posted:

Avs after six games:

0-5-1
Seven goals scored.

Man I hope we figure something out. I was thinking there might be some regression but good Lord. I know its preseason but things like this don't inspire confidence.

Ho--Holy hell. :stare: I knew people were talking about a step back, but drat.

Meanwhile, CBJ 5-1-0 without Johansen, Horton, Murray, Erixon, and now Jenner. Somehow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NHL coach contracts can have out clauses.

Torts reportedly did not though.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

CBJSprague24 posted:

Ho--Holy hell. :stare: I knew people were talking about a step back, but drat.

Meanwhile, CBJ 5-1-0 without Johansen, Horton, Murray, Erixon, and now Jenner. Somehow.

here's how: it's the preseason

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Vicas posted:

This year's contenders look to be the likes of the LA Kings (current Stanley Cup Champions), Chicago Blackhawks, Boston Bruins, and honestly unless the Bruins fluke out of the playoffs again it's really just them in the East

Please. The Blackhawks have Brad Richards now instead of Stanely Cup Champion Handzus. How could we hope to be contenders?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Aphrodite posted:

NHL coach contracts can have out clauses.

Torts reportedly did not though.

didn't torts sign for four-five years too

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Vicas posted:

This year's contenders look to be the likes of the LA Kings (current Stanley Cup Champions), Chicago Blackhawks, Boston Bruins, and honestly unless the Bruins fluke out of the playoffs again it's really just them in the East

Tampa Bay is gonna be real good dude

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
In general there's way more than 3 contenders and the best teams are going to make the finals 50% of the time at best.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Tampa Bay is gonna be real good dude

honestly i was just repeating the opinion that has started every season for the last 3 or 4 seasons

Anomalous Blowout
Feb 13, 2006

rock
ice
storm
abyss

It makes no attempt to sound human. It is atoms and stars.

LumpyGumby posted:

Avs after six games:

0-5-1
Seven goals scored.

On the bright side it looks like Zach Redmond is making the final roster. :unsmith:

In all seriousness, the Avs need John Mitchell way more than people think and I think his absence is loving with everyone's feng shui. Fans like to pin that first round loss to the Wild on the loss of Tyson Barrie and Matt Duchene but I think Mitchell being gone hurt just as bad.

I hope he's able to come back. This whole "mysterious ongoing migraines" since his season ended with a concussion last year is so sad.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

UpfrontSalmon posted:

I hope you're right about this. I'm afraid the defensemen are so bad that the Flyers have negative defense, though. Here's to a bunch of 5-4 shootouts!

Sam Morin gonna make the team out of camp

He's been called The Next Chris Pronger, you know

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I am legitimately angry with GCL right now. I can watch some preseason games on the website, but if I launch the Roku or PS4 app all I get is the 2013-2014 season? gently caress you :mad:

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Anomalous Blowout posted:

On the bright side it looks like Zach Redmond is making the final roster. :unsmith:

In all seriousness, the Avs need John Mitchell way more than people think and I think his absence is loving with everyone's feng shui. Fans like to pin that first round loss to the Wild on the loss of Tyson Barrie and Matt Duchene but I think Mitchell being gone hurt just as bad.

I hope he's able to come back. This whole "mysterious ongoing migraines" since his season ended with a concussion last year is so sad.

He might be out for a while or at least, often, so I'm hoping they're making a contingency plan if he's injured more often than not. And McGinn should be ready for opening night, thankfully.

Also, got tickets to the Avs' home opener. :getin: Now I need to decide what jersey to wear again. Fun fact, counting back to the post season, the Avs play the Wild nine times in a row.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Martytoof posted:

I am legitimately angry with GCL right now. I can watch some preseason games on the website, but if I launch the Roku or PS4 app all I get is the 2013-2014 season? gently caress you :mad:

As much as I love hockey, it is still in the stone age in terms of viewer accessibility in a lot of ways. :(

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

RC Cola posted:

Please. The Blackhawks have Conn Smythe Trophy Winner Brad Richards now instead of Stanely Cup Champion Handzus. How could we hope to be contenders?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Martytoof posted:

and here i thought my life was hard

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

a false posted:

and here i thought my life was hard

Point taken, but I gave them some money to watch hockey and I can watch it online but not on other things so I guess that's kind of annoying.

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
If Chicago wants to be dumb and trade Johnny Oduya could they please trade him to the San Jose Sharks hockey club?

Kale
May 14, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Do you know if the auto renew was supposed to have transferred to the new MyRogers whatever the gently caress account or did you have to re-register?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Pat Clements posted:

If Chicago wants to be dumb and trade Johnny Oduya could they please trade him to the San Jose Sharks hockey club?

SJ still owes Chicago for that whole Handzus thing. No more freebies. :colbert:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Bobby Orr and Don Cherry will be opposing coaches for a CHL top prospects game in January

:munch:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

fits posted:

Bobby Orr and Don Cherry will be opposing coaches for a CHL top prospects game in January

:munch:

Uh, they do that every year for the past like, 8 years?

Team Orr won last year. Ekblad owned. :smug:

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Furnaceface posted:

Uh, they do that every year for the past like, 8 years?

Team Orr won last year. Ekblad owned. :smug:

Both of them have participated as coaches, but this is the first time they'll be coaching against one another

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Kale posted:

Do you know if the auto renew was supposed to have transferred to the new MyRogers whatever the gently caress account or did you have to re-register?

I don't. I didn't have GCL last year, but this year I signed up a week or so before they partnered with Rogers -- so it was still just NHL GCL when I signed up. I guess I'll know more next year. I assume that it would though -- the billing page still looks like the old billing stuff I saw in 2011 or whenever.

I don't really understand the GCL / ROgers thing. When I go to watch a game from nhl.com/scores I can sign in with my GCL info, but if I go to the GCL website it wants to sign me in with a MyRogers account. I could just be doing it wrong because I haven't put too much effort into figuring out the new site yet, but it's a little confusing.

HELLO LADIES
Feb 15, 2008
:3 -$5 :3

fits posted:

Both of them have participated as coaches, but this is the first time they'll be coaching against one another

Didn't they coach against one another the year TayTay was in it, and also last year?

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Oh first time sinces 2010 theyre coaching against each other

:downs:

Kale
May 14, 2010

Martytoof posted:

I don't. I didn't have GCL last year, but this year I signed up a week or so before they partnered with Rogers -- so it was still just NHL GCL when I signed up. I guess I'll know more next year. I assume that it would though -- the billing page still looks like the old billing stuff I saw in 2011 or whenever.

I don't really understand the GCL / ROgers thing. When I go to watch a game from nhl.com/scores I can sign in with my GCL info, but if I go to the GCL website it wants to sign me in with a MyRogers account. I could just be doing it wrong because I haven't put too much effort into figuring out the new site yet, but it's a little confusing.

Yeah it's weird though because whenever I click on anything it brings me to the MyRogers login page where my login info doesn't work but the billing page still has all my old info from when I registered 3 seasons ago yet NHL Vault still works with my old login info. It's typically confusing for NHL.com. I'd go ahead and register for the Early Bird price on Rogers.com if I wasn't worried I might somehow get double billed if the auto-renew does kick in somehow.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Kale posted:

Did the auto-renew even happen yet? I've been waiting for a notice. The FAQ stated that you're supposed to get a notice so you can opt out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you just want to cancel, you can do that now.

Go to NHL.com, login, click Watch Now on any currently running game, then click Billing Info.

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Aphrodite posted:

If you just want to cancel, you can do that now.

Go to NHL.com, login, click Watch Now on any currently running game, then click Billing Info.

Actually I just phoned the number listed in the customer service FAQ and the recording states that any Canadian customers will not be auto renewed this season due to the new deal with Rogers. I am relieved.

EDIT: Also I just did what you said and didn't see a way to cancel service.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
So, is Comeau regularly a penalty machine or what?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CDX posted:

Actually I just phoned the number listed in the customer service FAQ and the recording states that any Canadian customers will not be auto renewed this season due to the new deal with Rogers. I am relieved.

EDIT: Also I just did what you said and didn't see a way to cancel service.

Maybe they removed it. I did it a few weeks ago. It was post Rogers switch too.

I assume they're not renewing people because they raised the price and you can't just charge people a higher rate on a renewal they never agreed to.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
NHL15 runs full season, Kings beat Bruins in 6.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152315814502466

I approve of this outcome. Anytime L.A. beats Boston it's a party!

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Krime posted:

So, is Comeau regularly a penalty machine or what?

he's dirty as poo poo and he always has been

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

hockey is back

larkko
Oct 4, 2008

Jesse Joensuu is back baby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Is Bo-Ho going to start as 3rd centre? If we go into the season with O'Reilly and Matthias as 3C and 4C, welp

• Locked thread