Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Starsnostars posted:

Does Scotland have the same rules as England when it comes to club names? Could we oneday see "The Sports Direct Rangers" or "SD Rangers" or something?

Im hoping for the Npower Rangers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
There's 5 points and 6 six goals between 17th and 4th, and 5 goals and 7 goals between 1st and 2nd.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hoops posted:

There's 5 points and 6 six goals between 17th and 4th, and 5 goals and 7 goals between 1st and 2nd.

So...12 goals?

J Hume
Apr 23, 2013

What is the best number?
Costa will break eventually and then the league might get close again.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Top 4 :smuggo:

No they don't get a trophy for that.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Another reason why December is the best footballing month is that it's one of the few without a bloody international break (as far as i'm aware), oh and, boxing day games too.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Another reason why December is the best footballing month is that it's one of the few without a bloody international break (as far as i'm aware), oh and, boxing day games too.

I'm actually quite happy with the international break right now as it will give us some time to get our injured players back.

Just don't loving break Sterling you owl faced oval office

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Our Boxing Day game us at home which is great but it's against City ftl

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

TheBigAristotle posted:

Alan Pardew on fan protests:

"I've been out and about and had a few fans telling me their opinions, quite strongly. A few cars are diving a bit too close to me. I get it. I will go home, shine my manager of the year trophy and give myself a bit of confidence."

Those must be European cars

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Russell Slade looks set to be the new Cardiff manager.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29506295

Meliv
Nov 1, 2008

Brony Car posted:

Rodgers came from a small team to which he belongs and he can not change things during a game

Swansea are above you mate

Meliv fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Oct 6, 2014

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Brendan Rodgers has called playing alongside Steven Gerrard a "privilege".

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/playing-alongside-steven-gerrard-privilege-7887698

I'm very disappointed that Rodgers wants to be a gatekeeper.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Thirteenth Step posted:

Our Boxing Day game us at home which is great but it's against City ftl

I'm planning on going to that, hoping Berahino does a thing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't like that Garry Monk is blaming 'concentration' and saying the team needs to work harder when the reason they threw away points against Newcastle was that the midfield was clearly exhausted after an hour but the man refused to make a sub until the 85th minute.

And then it was a winger and Marvin Emnes.

Tommy Carroll on for Ki midway through the 2nd half and we win that 8-1.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

chaoslord posted:

I'm planning on going to that, hoping Berahino does a thing.

ill porbably go op and im going to the emirates becuase my mates dad has a box there so i'll be having every prawn sandwich in sight

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Paddy McNair is out for 3 weeks with a hamstring injury smgdh

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

excuse me lady posted:

who

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

excuse me lady posted:

We've apparently poached some physio from Southampton whose job it will be to prevent these repetitive injuries.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
how much did we pay toshiba for their magical star trek sickbay injury curing machine again??

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

excuse me lady posted:

Time for Tom Thorpe to shine!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

sassassin posted:

I don't like that Garry Monk is blaming 'concentration' and saying the team needs to work harder when the reason they threw away points against Newcastle was that the midfield was clearly exhausted after an hour but the man refused to make a sub until the 85th minute.

And then it was a winger and Marvin Emnes.

Tommy Carroll on for Ki midway through the 2nd half and we win that 8-1.
You would and I'm just as pissed it didn't happen

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

excuse me lady posted:

how much did we pay toshiba for their magical star trek sickbay injury curing machine again??

Dunno but all of Carrington was a shocking amount of money and it's done nothing but injure players season on season.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

excuse me lady posted:

gently caress sake.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Vincent Tans press releases are always interesting.

quote:

“The stability, integrity and experience that he brings is something I feel is essential for Cardiff City. He is capable of turning a group of players into an organised, tight-knit team, with great team spirit, who will work hard for each other while playing an attractive style of football. I want to give this honest, committed and hardworking man the opportunity to manage our talented players and I am convinced, with God’s blessing, Russell can succeed now that he has been given his first opportunity to manage at a higher level.

“I ask that our supporters offer him a chance to prove his long term value to our club, giving him and his players their full support as we try to earn our place in the Premier League under his guidance. Look at Russell’s track record. He certainly deserves to be given a chance. After all, Cardiff gave a chance to a mediocre manager from Watford and he took the Club to the Premier League. I did however give him a lot of money to spend for that – in fact, too much money.

“This is an important appointment for me because Russell has the right values for the Club and our supporters. I hope he will be able to bring the best out of our squad, and also help to unite everyone associated with the Club. So, let’s all give Russell a chance.”

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/article/russell-slade-appointed-cardiff-city-manager-2001953.aspx

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lol.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW
I can't wait for him to buy that Californian non-Chivas MLS franchise lmbo

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Ninpo posted:

We've apparently poached some physio from Southampton whose job it will be to prevent these repetitive injuries.

Which is good. United's injury problems have persisted for years so it's about time the medical staff got looked at.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

drat, he really hates Malky

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lot 49 posted:

Which is good. United's injury problems have persisted for years so it's about time the medical staff got looked at.

Its probably something ridiculous like the training pitch.

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Didn't Newcastle also blame their training pitch for their massive injury crisis some years ago? Having permacrocks like Dyer didn't also help either I guess.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Rumour is the Southampton physio they poached is too fat so can't come in to training for about 2 months.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shoren posted:

drat, he really hates Malky

Everyone with a normal sense of right and wrong hates Mackay.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

excuse me lady posted:

Never any luck with these loving injuries. :doh:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Masonity posted:

Rumour is the Southampton physio they poached is too fat so can't come in to training for about 2 months.

As if a physio could ever be too fat.

You're not a proper physio unless you appear genetically predetermined to be completely unable to kick a ball, let alone run about. Hence why Chelsea hired a woman.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Masonity posted:

lol

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Masonity posted:

Is that a

a Luke Shaw

reference?

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

FullLeatherJacket posted:

As if a physio could ever be too fat.

You're not a proper physio unless you appear genetically predetermined to be completely unable to kick a ball, let alone run about. Hence why Chelsea hired a woman.

:vince:

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

serious gaylord posted:

Its probably something ridiculous like the training pitch.

van gaal ordered the standard grass pitches at carrington ripped out and replaced with that hybrid surface they have at OT when he arrived

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The injuries are down to overuse and only a serious recovery doping regime would prevent them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

African AIDS cum posted:

The injuries are down to overuse and only a serious recovery doping regime would prevent them

Out pops a smiling Eric Abidal... "you loving serious?"

• Locked thread