Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
End the league next week, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RVProfootballer posted:

Hell, end it now. The season is just a prelude to the main event anyway: summer transfer window.

I still have faith that Swansea can claim the 4th place trophy when Arsenal get battered by Chelsea.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

tetsuo posted:

Tiote wants to Cheick out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/11132861/Cheick-Tiote-I-want-to-leave-Newcastle-United.html

I've never been impressed by him. Yes, he runs around a lot and helps to cover our defensive shortcomings but imo he has no place in a proper side, it's just we're quite bad so he gets games. He's our Cattermole, tbh - a bit reckless, a bit poo poo, but he puts in effort so those deficiencies are quite often downplayed.

Even when he was being hyped as a top ball winner Yohan Cabaye was making more tackles per game than him.

With roughly the same number of bookings.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

corpuscollossus posted:

Its surprising Ashley hasn't sacked him yet. To make the comments he did to the press and then to carry on like nothing happened isn't usually the MO for his type.

He was hammered.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
lmao at Jonjo Shelvey getting called up, and Andros Townsend getting in ahead of Dyer/Routledge/a bag of potatoes on the wing.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

True, but overall I think you have to give Newcastle good marks in player transfers over the past couple seasons.

And I don't think there is anything wrong with Ashley refusing to invest more of his money in the club. He already loaned Newcastle something like £130m. Iirc, none of that money was from buying the club either.

My understanding is that the main problem with Ashley (other than the Pardew mess) is that he's let Newcastle fall behind financially. He paid off all of the loan sharks that Shephard used, but hasn't done anything right on the business side since then.

He just bought another 4 million shares in Rangers.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Expansion of the liberty up to 27.5k seats is to start in January with 6000 added on to the east stand.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

Maybe, just maybe, a player who hasn't played since the last international friendly shouldn't be called up for the next one?

Maybe just maybe that's not Rodgers decision.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

EvilHawk posted:

I didn't say it was.

And yet Rodgers seems to have gone and done it anyway. Crazy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I don't like that Garry Monk is blaming 'concentration' and saying the team needs to work harder when the reason they threw away points against Newcastle was that the midfield was clearly exhausted after an hour but the man refused to make a sub until the 85th minute.

And then it was a winger and Marvin Emnes.

Tommy Carroll on for Ki midway through the 2nd half and we win that 8-1.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Former Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand says he wants to manage the club one day.

Ferdinand won six Premier League titles during his 12-year career at Old Trafford.

And the 35-year-old told the Manchester Evening News: "I am not stupid enough to think that I will pass all my badges and then Manchester United will come asking me to become their manager.

"But I want to be the best in whatever field I go into and that means managing a big club like United or your country."

You're too hard on yourself, Rio. You're stupid enough to think anything you want.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If Ramsey was on the same regimen as Bale, Wales would have won the Euros already.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
John Stones is out till January

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Something for the advanced stats fans itt

http://barclays.statspack.co.uk/

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

fart simpson posted:

How does Chamakh have the most fouls committed? Does his hair count as a foul every time he's on the pitch?

Wannabe Van Persie so he throws loads of elbows but can't hide them from the ref like Robin does.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Big Taff Man posted:

Can someone tell me a successful fans trust in English football

Swansea City

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea supporters own 21% of a league cup ftw.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Stoke chairman Peter Coates has handed a tear-stained letter to the FA officially complaining that Garry Monk and John Hartson pointed out that he employs a cheat.

Garry Monk will receive a fine because all corruption in football is supposed to remain internal.

Nothing will happen to Hartson because he is a pundit and it is literally his job to talk poo poo about football. It's nothing to do with the FA.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Give him Madrid and he'll win 10 decimas.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Skinty McEdger posted:

I haven't seen much of him this season, but in the Leciester game it looked to me more like De Gea had absolutely no faith in his defence. Which is understandable really.

Is that why he didn't make a single save?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Schmeichel is melting down on Football Focus

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Big Taff Man posted:

Maybe it's me but he was awful vs Swansea and his kicking has been rubbish too

He really should have saved Gylfi's winner. It was straight at him without any real power.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roy Keane never would have stood for this.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea accused of moving the goalposts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29774585

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've never heard of sporify

sassassin fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 26, 2014

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Stoke City forward Bojan could be on his way out of the club after throwing his boots at boss Mark Hughes last weekend. (Source: Sun Sport)

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Pantsuit posted:

this didn't actually happen m8

Yes it did, I read it in the paper.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

the sex ghost posted:

Im glad that Worst Ref In The World Phil Dowd has to be at a poo poo match this weekend

We already have a new champion.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
They're all as poo poo as each other, we just see Clattenburg on tv more often.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mike Riley has agreed to meet Garry Monk in a steel cage match on Friday to have a friendly conversation about life and stuff.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
English refs shouldn't be allowed to ref games between a welsh and english side.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Garry Monk has been let off the hook for telling the truth about Stoke City.

quote:

Meanwhile, Monk's wife has defended the Swansea manager on Twitter after claiming to have received a letter from a neighbour criticising his management.

Lexy Blackwell said that she was "absolutely incensed" at the "audacity" of the letter she said had been hand delivered to the family home.

It was me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Federico Fernandez red card has been rescinded. We're a big club now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mackintosh posted:

since when is making money small time?

They're making less than clubs that actually qualified for europe and are scrambling to make up a fraction of the shortfall.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzoAaWm6-lo

Happy halloween

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Mcmanaman thinks Gerrard is still Liverpool's best and most important player "by miles".

• Locked thread