Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
The injuries are down to overuse and only a serious recovery doping regime would prevent them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

hadji murad weighs in on the last 10 years of being a Chelsea fan

Lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Arsenal players are frail little fancy cunts thats why

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I think this could be a factor

quote:

In 1994, the last season LeMond rode professionally, he was already suffering from “mitochondrial myopathy, a degenerative muscle disease that drained his strength and may well have been caused by passive doping,” writes David Walsh in his new book, From Lance to Landis: Inside the American Doping Controversy at the Tour de France—an indispensable read for anyone who cares about pro cycling. “Passive doping” refers to the theory—supported by medical research—that “clean” riders like LeMond, by overcompensating to keep up with the dopers, do irreparable harm to their health.

Trying to compete with the charged up clubs on just bread and water is running players into the ground

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Akileese posted:

Our medical situation is completely hosed.

Explain how doctors could prevent this, without giving them banned substances

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The modern game is all about covering a ton of distance, so more players look like cross country runners. Just look at pictures of players from the 90's even, normal looking bodyfat percentages. Now most players are under what would be a natural healthy weight for them and suffer more injuries for it. Also the game is a lot worse to watch. Thanks Obama.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

Regarding Brendan Rodgers/Hodgson's time management of Raheem Sterling:

"We're surmising how he was feeling but I never felt like telling the manager I was tired because I never felt particularly that I needed a rest. I know people will say, 'Well, we don't want anyone having burnout'. But I'll ask you now - can you name one player who has ever been burned out? I don't know of anyone"

- Michael Owen

lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

blue footed boobie posted:

It's great. He's not even in good shape for a normal person, much less than a professional athlete.

Looks like Drake

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TheGoatFeeder posted:

De Gea is pretty brilliant, I wasn't aware that he'd been slightly underpar this season, he's been class the last 18 months in my opinion.

Yeah but you watch Joe Hart every week. Chelsea have the best 2 keepers in the league. And then its a dropoff.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

chaoslord posted:

Apparently, Stuart Attwell has been doing well and will take charge of Leicester x WBA this weekend If you don't remember who that is, this article will get you up to speed. He has City x Newcastle in the Cup on Wednesday, too.

Other appointments:

Newcastle x Liverpool - Marriner
Arsenal x Burnley - Pawson
Chelsea x QPR - Jones
Everton x Swansea - Friend
Hull x Southampton - Atkinson
Stoke x West Ham - Foy
City x United - Oliver (big get for him)
Villa x Spurs - Swarbrick
Palace x Sunderland - Dowd

Clattenburg not even on 4th Official duty. Could be sick, could just have the week off, dunno.
Some mouth watering appointments here, Pawson, Foy, Swarbick? Scintillating stuff OP.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

irlZaphod posted:

Also City x United isn't really a "big get" for Oliver, the FA have been pushing him all season as Webb's successor as Brave English Ref Who Can Do The World Cup Final.

Also mancchestrr United are a poo poo midtable team and City aren't much better

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

chaoslord posted:

Clatts will go the the Euros and after that who knows. Oliver and him are gonna be battling for the next few years to go to Russia so expect those two to share the bulk of the Big Games with Atkinson and Dean probably getting a few in there on occasion so teams don't complain about seeing the same two.
I can't believe people care about refs this much, this has to be ironic

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Real Madrid hosted the MLS all stars once in the winter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I'm loving amped for the first annual Mister Potato Bowl live from Old Trafford.

• Locked thread