Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psybro
May 12, 2002

excuse me lady posted:

someone explain to me why Brenda thinks he can withdraw Sturridge from England duty but then have him available to play this weekend???

Same reason he can drop Sterling for a league game against in-form Villa then play him for 120 minutes against [checks notes] Middlesbrough FC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psybro
May 12, 2002

PirateBob posted:

I thought he might come up to us [at Sunderland], with his long hair,

I'm glad for this clarification.

I'm assuming Villa's good start to the season is due to Keano telling everyone to give it a loving rest/go and join the circus if they want to act a loving clown/turn off their phone.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Shroud posted:

I figured it was due to Lambert and Keane doing their best good cop/bad cop routine.

The role of 'good cop' being played by 'incomprehensibly Glaswegian cop' here.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Martinez needs a right boring twat like Steve Round or Martin Keown sorting the defence out in training. They've been over-reliant on Distin being big and quick enough to bail them out and he's old now.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Real football man David Moyes tried to realign the club with real fans by delivering results and a style of play that would decouple the plastics within 2 years, but you were all mocking him for it and took joy in his failure. He even signed A Big Lad That Elbows People and it wasn't enough to win over the supposed 'traditionalists'.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I poo poo you not when Sheffield United were in the Premier League you could walk straight out of a chip shop over the road and through the turnstiles with a full fish supper, bold as brass, and they didn't bat an eyelid.

Them were't days.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Magnusson lied, Warnock cried

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Byolante posted:

5 live Monday Night Club and Friday Preview. And 606 whenever arsenal, liverpool or man united loses.

I've sometimes been astonished, depending on the guests, by how good the Monday and Friday night magazine shows on Five Live are. Bobby Martinez was on talking tactics for an hour once and it was great stuff. They don't have the time constraints or guests trying to plug something that you get elsewhere.

The other night that despicable twat Joey Barton was on and was once again making reasonable points, which happens when you take a keyboard off him.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
The only proper poo poo refs were Mike Riley and Uriah Rennie and if you saw either of them in action live you'd be begging for Clattenburg to come over and hold you right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psybro
May 12, 2002

trem_two posted:

Clattenburg is dropped for the weekend because he broke security/integrity protocols and travelled alone to the WBA vs. Palace match instead of traveling with the rest of the crew. The reason? So he could leave early enough to make it to an Ed Sheeran concert that night.

Get this, he's not the only one to get in trouble over an offensive drone

• Locked thread