Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
wheres the thread for discussing football books because keanos new one is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bea Nanner posted:

Does anyone actually read these books or do they just wait for the media to report the juicy bits?

Fergies book was pretty good. Keanes first was great too. I quite liked Nevilles. My favourite one I own is probably Big Rons tho.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Please move this thread to the book barn

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Burqa King posted:

i know who id rather have than multiple champion kolo toure and its dejan lovren pictured here with his wife anita

"anita" see more pictures of her please

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
The Weekend Web thread is leaking again

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Its no surprise, some of the teams struggle to get 1 sponsor on their shirts.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Its nothing to do with the size of the shirt its to do with the clubs not being prestigious enough to get a sponsor?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bogan Krkic posted:

If clubs in the Azeri Premier League can find shirt sponsors I don't think its to do with the prestige of a Premier League club that they don't have sponsors tbh

It doesnt mean no one was offering them a deal steve, I mean your local futsal team could get "Ninja Steves Gay Fisting Factory" on the front of their shirts if your work chucked them $10 and a couple of delicious authentic ozzie fosters radler, but that doesnt mean the same thing is viable for a Premier League team.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bogan Krkic posted:

Sure, but the point remains that it isn't at all about prestige, its about the clubs holding out for a better deal

Which they cant get because of the clubs reputation....

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Bogan Krkic posted:

The big clubs already get more lucrative deals, how much do United get from Chevrolet and whoever their training kit sponsor are?

DHL are the training kit sponsor

Also I read an article once that said the only reason Fifa wont allow international teams to have shirt sponsorship is because Fifa wont get a cut, so they enforce no sponsorship as a regulation for entering their competitions to increase the charges they can make for corporate sponsorship, but IDK how much of that is true

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I just checked and Arsenal are away, seems Euroboy is going to watch Arsenal Ladies vs Man Citys Ladies team in a big "Continental Cup" match

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

They're at home to Hull taff

Yeah I was taking the piss hoping that euroboy would panic, id even made these poor photoshopped images from the arsenal site

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Your second pic would have been the wrong way round, shameful

yeah I gave up like I said when I realised I wouldnt get the font right for Hulls stadium name!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Can someone tell me a successful fans trust in English football

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

sassassin posted:

Swansea City

excuse me lady posted:

Portsmouth, Wimbledon, Wycombe

What did they win

Taste the rings bitches

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

ayb posted:

Van Gaal has apparently extended an offer to Victor valdes to do his recovery training at United

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...campaign=ManUtd

Interesting. Aside from the Everton match I think De Geas been pretty poor this season

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Jose posted:

I've not seen Man Utd play much this season but I've read at least 1 article praising De Gea saying he's now the best keeper in the league

He was great against Everton but apart from that he been pretty suspect. Part of that is an inconsistent defence.

Still think hes class, just hasnt been great this year. I felt he could have done better with a few of the goals we've conceeded

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheGoatFeeder posted:

De Gea is pretty brilliant, I wasn't aware that he'd been slightly underpar this season, he's been class the last 18 months in my opinion.

I'm im no way calling him poo poo or hoping we get rid or even replace him but he hasn't hit the heights this season, I've been really disappointed with him tbh

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

straight up brolic posted:

The first 3 or 4 games this season he was not good. The Leicester and MK Dons games were really bad. He's not very good at coming off his line at the moment (this could just be down to luck). He's always been an excellent shot-stopper and his command over the area has improved. Angles, positioning, and 1-on-1 stuff must improve.
Maybe it's me but he was awful vs Swansea and his kicking has been rubbish too

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Chuggos going to be delighted to see his favourite ref get the big match

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Roy Keane said he could be tempted to go into I'm a Celebrity

I never realised I wanted this till now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TelekineticBear! posted:

small time as gently caress

Small time to be offered a million to play a match? Wish I was small time

Didnt Liverpool do something similar a few years ago

• Locked thread