Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Star Man posted:

So I have a dumb question.

My mother makes quips about members of congress needing term limits. Is there any reason why this would be a good or bad thing if representatives and senators were only able to serve for a limited number of terms?

A simple way to explain it to her is like if you or her had a job. Assume you are good at your job and your boss is happy you are happy but regardless of how well you do your job you are not gonna get to keep.

By the time you get the hang of your job and really start doing well, your job is over.

This gives a reason to not do a good job

This will put the worry of where your next job is gonna be

Other forces or interest will use this fact to temp bribe or influence how you do your job.

It will comprise governance by having a constant series of amateurs who wont be working for your interests any.

Hope that help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

In Laos you can drink Laos, and pay for it in Laos!

I was in Laos and the money was kip, god I felt like a millionaire

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sword of Chomsky posted:

It isn't entirely a result of the commission. The GOP wanted to throw the commission map out, but failed. California just hates the GOP, and they have almost no footholds left here.

Oh the inland empire and kern county are still going strong.

Basically republicans in the state legislature kept holding the budget hostage. With the negotiation tacit of "give me everything i want and lets call that compromise"

So they got voted out and the dems cut spending and raised taxes and now we have functioning state.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone I ever dealt with there, (granted not as much as kern) came off as a teabagger.

Orange county is just....weird....

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I mostly dealt with people from corona and riverside also hemet

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I go to school at UCI at I'm pretty sure the university is the only thing keeping the city in the Democratic column (then again, Tustin also went for Obama twice, but it has a lot more of those people).

Dang I live right over by south coast.

The vietnamese in Westminster are hard republicans because SMASH COMMUNISM...I agree that if the GOP could tell the racist to go gently caress themselves, they could peel alot alot of minority votes

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
If I was to wager a guess they dont have the same complex their parents did and they know when they are being condescended to, plus the racist stuff from the GOP is really really bad.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
You also point out that DL are not proof of voter eligibility, or even citizenship. That would be the domain of birth certificates and passports. My 96 old aunt stop driving so her DL just lapsed now she wouldnt be able to vote.

Also ID's are not free. Thus you have to pay to be able to vote a sorta poll tax.

Finally whats to stop someone from commenting fraud by use of mail in ballots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
What kinda job pays you to sperg about travel ID's

• Locked thread