Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
This is your best OP yet. I'm completely serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day: "Where is disease most transmittable? When you're in very close confines on a ship. We all know about cruises and how they get these diarrhea viruses that are transmitted very easily and the whole ship gets sick. Can you imagine if a whole ship full of our soldiers catch Ebola?" ~ Rand Paul on Obama's decision to send troops to West Africa.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Democratic candidate for Governor in South Carolina has said they should take down the Confederate flag on the State House grounds and replace it with the American flag.

So, congrats Nikki Haley on winning another term.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Texas State Senator Charles Perry asks, "You know who else had a federal government? :godwin:"

quote:

There were 10,000 people that were paraded into a medical office under the guise of a physical. As they stood with their back against the wall, they were executed with a bullet through the throat. Before they left, 10,000 people met their fate that way. Is it not the same than when our government continues to perpetuate laws that lead citizens away from God?

To answer your question, Chuck, nope, not the same.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Self-term-limiting also became a thing with Tea Party candidates pledging that they would only run twice. Which is just fine with me.

It's especially popular with those who want to repeal the 17th Amendment, i.e. dumb people.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Scrap the Constitution and establish Plato's Republic.

I call Philosopher King.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
If you think things like the Electoral College are silly, spend some time reading about the ideas that were rejected.

John Adams wanted the title of the President to be "His High Mightiness, the President of the United States and Protector of Their Liberties", for example.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Thomas writes a majority opinion that districts are unconstitutional as there's no mention of them in the document and we get proportional representation in 2016 :getin:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Bonus quote of the day, "While good, affordable health care might still be a fanged threat to freedom on Fox News, it’s working pretty well in the real world." ~ Barack Obama

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It would also require producing new state bureaucracies in all your new states. If anything, America has too many states.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Extra bonus quote of the day, "I'm the first United States senator I ever knew." ~ Joe Biden

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"Isn't it a bitch?" ~ Joe Biden on being Vice President.

Not quite as good as "not worth a bucket of warm piss", but I'll take it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

Are these all made today, or just released/leaked today?

From the Q&A portion of his Harvard speech tonight.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Asian Americans have swung from something like voting 2 to 1 for Bush in 1992 to about 2 to 1 for Obama in 2012 so yeah there's something big going on there.

Not especially surprising. First generation immigrants are more conservative than second (third, fourth, etc.) generations and there was a significant increase in Asian immigration to the US beginning in the sixties.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
There's video now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Vz_Xz2fn8

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Mitt Romney committed voter registration fraud and left the Republican party in August.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Re-adopting the "50 state strategy" (which, by the way, is still the official policy of the DNC) is not going to magically recreate the conditions that led to the 2006 Democratic wave election in which this guy played a rather large role.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Member of the Colorado Board of Education has a Smart Take on the new AP US History exam standards.

quote:

As an example, I note our slavery history. Yes, we practiced slavery. But we also ended it voluntarily, at great sacrifice, while the practice continues in many countries still today! Shouldn't our students be provided that viewpoint? This is part of the argument that America is exceptional. Does our APUSH Framework support or denigrate that position?

Who will teach our children of America's great voluntary emancipation? :qq:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "I’m just sad I’m not able to be there either. I’d like to be in the White House." ~ Mitt Romney.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Looks like the new theory is that he's a secret Liberian.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day: "Something very important, and indeed society changing, may come out of the Ebola epidemic that will be a very good thing: NO SHAKING HANDS!" ~ Donald Trump

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "I didn't realize you could filibuster a baseball game." ~ Rand Paul on the 18 inning Giants vs Nationals game

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

RuanGacho posted:

Imagine if hippies were in charge of the pentagon the same way republicans are in charge of making a productive government.

They took their US website down, but the Natural Law party used to run on a platform of replacing the DoD with a team of flying yogis who would emit positive vibes, acting as a shield against any negative forces trying to attack us.

Here's the Canadian version: http://invinciblecanada.ca/

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
In which Nancy Pelosi reveals she hates gays' icecream.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Talmonis posted:

I keep seeing this, and apparently missed it entirely. What the hell is gamergate? Is it that poo poo with Sarkeesian?

I never complain about derails in this thread, but this time I'm going to say please, please let's not go there. There's a thread in GBS to talk about it, if you're interested.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, “Grandpa, can I get a selfie? Right, let’s do it. Let’s do it. Hold on, let’s do it. We’re gonna do it. Right there. Hey, we got it.” ~ Senator Mark Pryor to President Bill Clinton.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
OK. The context is the Bill Clinton is campaigning for Mark Pryor today. Probably should have posted the video anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z45Dp3UFqgg

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

My Imaginary GF posted:

Is dressage professional dancing? Are there tax benefits to declaring one a professional dancer?

It is professional horse dancing and, yes, the Romneys took a $70,000 tax deduction by claiming that Ann's dancing horse helped her deal with her MS.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Mark Pryor not so great at answering questions.

Joementum fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 7, 2014

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Paul Ryan's office staff appears to spend their days pulling law references.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Quote of the day, "I have a shot at winning this race. Thom Tillis does not." ~ Sean Haugh, Libertarian candidate for Senate, North Carolina.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"I'm Jon and I'm turning out for the legalization of marijuana."

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Wendy Rogers is running against, and losing to, the first (and only) bisexual atheist in Congress... who's obviously an ally of ISIS.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Tom Cotton is now the highest profile member of the GOP to warn of the Islamic State of the Ozarks and Dixie.

quote:

“The problem is with Mark Pryor and Barack Obama refusing to enforce our immigration laws, and refusing to secure our border. I’ll change that when I’m in the United States Senate. And I would add, it’s not just an immigration problem. We now know that it’s a security problem. Groups like the Islamic State collaborate with drug cartels in Mexico who have clearly shown they’re willing to expand outside the drug trade into human trafficking and potentially even terrorism.

“They could infiltrate our defenseless border and attack us right here in places like Arkansas. This is an urgent problem and it’s time we got serious about it, and I’ll be serious about it in the United States Senate.”

When asked about his claims, his campaign staff sent back links to WND and Breitbart. Seriously.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

Yeah I kind of wish we were having a rash of shark attacks right now, for GOP talking points comedy reasons.

The shark attack epidemic of 1916 cost Woodrow Wilson votes in New Jersey.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
On the other hand, this is what you have to watch in states with one party rule.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReindeerF posted:

Sweet Jesus, the nose on that guy. I could turn him upside down and fish with his head.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReindeerF posted:

How is "peter shumlin aunt jemima use" not in there?

He knows how his bread is BGH-free buttered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jagchosis posted:

I swear this sounds like a really sarcastic attack ad

It's basically rubbing it in the Republicans faces.

• Locked thread