Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So this is the third iteration of the OOC thread for Rogue Crusade, my Black Crusade game that got a little Rogue Trader in it. I want to have an OOC thread since it always seems that everytime we need one, the old one is in archives because no one was using it.

This first post here is going to include everything about making characters for people making replacements.

-Point buy for stats, roll for everything else.
-You start with 5 bonus Infamy and corruption.
-Standard starting exp based on if you're a CSM or Heretic.

-You also get the following in addition to the above, based on the main mission progress:

Experience gained thus far: 10600 =2000 (great train robbery)+ 500 exp (Capture/kill Rogue trader) +750 (get the Tyranid)+400 (Phyrr job)+250(met Ra'tut'seh)+700(sororitas job)+2000 (House of Cards)+1000 (chaos incursion)+750 (Body retrieval)+1500 (necron Lord job)+1000(Battle of the bands)+500(secure the Ultra-wide Magneo-spectrum transceiver)
Infamy Gained: 54 =6 (great Train Robbery)+8 (Sacrifice Madison) +3 (get Tyranid) +1(wack a guy)
+1 (Gramsh kill prisoner) +3 (Phyrr job) +5(sororitas) +10 (house of cards)+1 (Chaos Incursion)
+2 (body retrieval)+8 (Necron Lord Job)+5(battle of the bands)+3(secure the transceiver)
Corruption Gained: 37 = 6(great Train Robbery) +7 (sacrifice Madison)+6(battle of the bands)
+3 (Phyrr job) +5(sororitas)+ 5 (house of cards)+3 (body retrieval)+5( secure transceiver)

Once your character is made, they also get certain bonuses based on what Rogue Trader position on the ship they are filling and their archetype as outlined below:

The Champion As the Rogue Trader:
-Normal starting skills and such for the Champion, except he also gets commerce trained as a starting skill. He also gets the Rogue Trader's
Exceptional Leadership Special ability from page 72 of the Rogue Trader Core.

The Chosen as the Arch-Militant or Void-master:
-If arch-militant their starting skills and talents are the same as normal starting Chosen but also gets common Lore (war)+10.
-If the Void master they get the Mastery of Gunnery Special Ability from page 72 of Rogue Trader core book.

The Forsaken as the Seneschal, Void Master, or Missionary:
-If chosen as a seneschal, besides starting skills, they also get Barter and the Senschal's Seeker of Lore special Ability from Page 72 of Rogue
Trader Core.
-If A void master, the Forsaken gets all starting skills and talents, plus Navigation (Stellar) and Pilot (Spacecraft) plus
either the Void Master's Mastery of Space OR Master of Augurs Special Ability on Page 72 of Rogue Trader Core.
-If a Missionary, besides normal starting skills and talents, The Forsaken gets Charm OR Deceive as well as the Lesser Minion
-of Chaos Talent, regardless of minimum requirements.

The Sorcerer as the Navigator or the Astropath:
-if a Navigator, the sorcerer gets Navigation (Warp) and Scholastic Lore (astromancy) as starting skills.
-If the astropath, they get the Scholastic lore (Cryptology) skill.

The Apostate as the Seneschal or Missionary:
-If the Seneschal, They get the Seeker of lore Special Ability from Page 72 of the Rogue Trader Core rule book.
-If the Missionary, They may take Minion of Chaos as opposed to Lesser minion of chaos, regardless of prerequisites.

The Renegade as the Void-master or Arch-militant:
-If the Void Master, they get Pilot (Space craft) and (Flyers) as well as may pick one of the Void master's Special Abilities on page 72 of the
Rogue Trader Core book at creation.
-If the arch Militant, they get one additional +0 acquisition at creation that must be used for a weapon.

The Psyker as the Navigator or Astropath:
-if a Navigator, the psyker gets Navigation (Warp) and (Stellar) as well as Scholastic Lore (astromancy) as starting skills.
-If the astropath, they get the Scholastic lore (Cryptology) skill and 200 more exp to be spent on starting Psychic powers.

The Heretek as the Explorator:
-The Heretek get no additional bonuses besides starting skills and traits

After creating your character you may get a number of extra items equal to you Infamy points that have a total modifier of -20, not -10, to make you more on par with the folks that have been getting stuff throughout the game.

:siren:What other house rules are there?:siren:

1. When it comes to the Minion of Chaos talents, you ignore the Charisma requirements, you only need to meet the infamy requirements. It should matter how bad enough dude/lady you are, not how well spoken. Do keep in mind that loyalty checks still operate as normal if you leave them alone, so charisma still helps.

2. So as not to totally gimp Nurgle psykers, any Nurgle aligned psychic powers use opposed toughness instead of willpower. This does not apply to corruption based powers or non-aligned powers, they still use corruption/willpower/perception/whatever.
-2(a). To the extent DoS matters, the psyker does not benefit from Unnatural toughness, as one psychic power of nurgle is literally to give yourself/increase unnatural toughness.

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Second Post with more Lore stuff:

This post is going to be used to keep track of story things like NPCs and locations and such:

I-The Big Players:
Aethun:Alpha Legionnaire who has amassed a large fortune as well as well as a cabal of of loyal followers. The "owner" of the Abominable Sovereign and the Warrant of Trade he stole off the former owner; he has assembled the current crew to use the ship to engage in espionage in the Calixis sector.

A powerful psyker, and clearly daemon prince along with the others.

The Great Master: A Daemon Prince of Nurgle, he runs The Bog, as well as the collection of Hereteks known as The Scrappers. The crew finds themselves working with the Great Master at the request of Aethun; likely to spy on the Follower of Nurgle, but if so, he hasn't asked for information yet.

Jayden: Androgynous Pirate Prince/ss of the Ragged Helix. Has a very large fleet, and a giant grand cruiser/daemon engine as her capital ship. Really into collecting people stuck in stasis in their last moments of life, usually due to duels with Jayden.

Draeven: A daemon Prince of Khorne. Claims to be The Original Fallen Angel of the Dark Angels Chapter. Has only communicated to Hashim so far. Trapped inside an artifact called The Harbinger of Sorrow. Free of the Harbinger. Apparently has a deal set up with some Necrons to provide him military support.

II-Crew of the Abominable Sovereign:
Tibur: the ship's main comms officer. Speaks very broken Low Gothic. Has a habit of blaring twist music from the ship-wide VOX in combat. Great with the Augur array, but horrible at flying the ship's landers, though still better than most of the command crew.
Magos Uther: Former tech priest of Mars. Very territorial when it comes to the ship. Considers repairing and maintaining it as his territory. Sees Xanatova as a threat.
Mary: Technophilic woman who appears to be almost entirely augmented. Has indicated an interest in Xenos technology.
Getrude: Psyker in the astropathic choir. Very old. Claims to be a former daemonhost. Is the only person known that Aethun can "wear" without them violently dying after.
Vice-Captain Olivia: Former Imperial Naval Officer. Seems to be focused on the logistics of the ship's crew, as well as piloting the ship.
Oscarr: Former Heretek gunsmith from gunmetal city. Not actually a devotee to the chaos gods, but has no issue with making guns for them.
once per space flight (I.E. between planets/missions) Oscarr may grant a +20 bonus to any ONE Trade (armorer) test made by one of you OR he can produce one Best quality weapon of plentiful availability, one good of the common, one standard of the average, or one poor of the scarce rarity, of the Pistol or basic class, no melee weapons, no heavy weapons.
Tizzy:Young psyker rescued from an arbites prison train. Really, really, really into drugs.
Volcens: Astartes armsman aboard ship. Really deadly with a plasma gun. Cool guy.

III: Other Contacts:
Stephen Gramsh: Agent at the Third Sector Bank of Scintilla. Aided the crew in putting the Warrant of Trade into escrow at the bank he works for in exchange for some help in finding some associates.
Heston: Chemist on Scintilla who makes designer drugs for the nobles. Was inder investigation for "Warp Dust", a drug with slight warp properties.
EZEKIEL MADISON:: former Rogue trader Captain of the Blue Mist. Now a decaying blood fountain.
Nameless Marine: Servant of Aethun, shouts everything. Has total disdain for non-astartes.
Vervai Brodak: Current planetary governor of Iocanthos.
Ra'tut'seh: Thousand Son sorcerer first encountered on Iocanthos. Rather jovial, yet also aloof, but what Tzeentch followers aren't?

Under weapons, it has instead the following:

2 Pilot-operated Twinlinked Heavy stubbers: facing front, Range 120M (2 AU) Heavy, -/-/8, 1d10+5I Pen: 3, ClP 500, Rld: 2full Spcl: Twin-linked
1 Gunner-Operated Long-Barreled Autocannon: Facing Front, Range 450m (5 AU) heavy, s/2/5 4d10+5I, Pen: 6, Clp 500, Rld: 2full

The ship also has two forward facing weapon mounts (one under each wing) that can have something installed later.

Also on each side of the guncutter is a door that can be opened, and each door has a mount for man(or astartes)-portable heavy weapons. One faces left, one right. A player may take 2 turns Plus reload to mount/unmount any heavy weapon to the mounts. The weapon's stats stay the same except the clip size increases x4 as the weapon is now feeding from internal magazines/power supply. The mounts can only be used in low atmosphere (you can't open doors in space/high altitude) and any gunners using them can be targeted by called shots.

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 15, 2019

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Perhaps we can combine our plans? Let's hijack a truck and have the humans drive it up with Boli acting as some Imperial inspector or whatever he wants. We ask for a tour of the base and its defenses (make sure it's up to code?). The Astartes, meanwhile, get in the bird and fly in after we signal. Once the defenders start getting ready to shoot at the incoming bird (or maybe we tell them we called it in as a surprise test of their capabilities), we start killing everyone, starting with the guys manning the big guns.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Can we either hijack the big guns and turn them inwards or just straight up steal the big guns?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Probably, if we can get inside the gates.

Leave the minions at the bottom to provide suppressing fire while we climb the towers, murder the inhabitants and claim the guns. See if we can draw the vaunted crusaders out into the courtyard by temporarily stalling our "overly ambitious" assault, then drop the Marines on top of them to do some mass murder.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
going to make a renegade voidmaster with focus on being a lander/fighter pilot (but can still do ship piloty things) and shooting lots and lots of pistols.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 2, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Withdrawing my app, dont wanna burn out again with posting

frajaq fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 5, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I have an astropath nerd I'm making, I just need to hook up with Werix to hammer some stuff out.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay folks, so I get the consensus, at least from those posting up (speak now lordkoth or forever hold your peace), you guys want to try talking your way through the front door, which will be interesting. Now do you guys want to ambush a convoy heading to the compound and pose as it, or just drive up pretending to be someone else.

If it's the later, Brodak can lend you guys a truck to use, and we can get to the being shot by the autocannons in the towers talking your way into the ghostfire stash.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to hit one of their trucks, even if it's just so we can interrogate the drivers. Otherwise, or if they would tell us nothing, I'm all for rocking up in whatever beaten-up vehicle is to hand, maybe with an aquila crudely stencilled on the bonnet. Depends, do we want to talk inside to past the main gate, or talk inside to under the mountain?

If we're the representatives of the Imperial pick-up crew, we might be able to get inside the mountain and safe from the obviously chaotic men who damaged our lander. Explain we were directed here to where the loyalist crusaders are, request some assistance, see if they really are loyalists or not, have a look at their defences. Maybe even get deep enough in to cause a bit of havoc and catch their offworld mercs in a bit of a pincer movement when the Marines arrive.

It's only a few autocannons, they should be able to man-mode that poo poo anyway.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

My PC is 99% complete, I wanted to talk with you on IRC re: some equipment stuff before I post it

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Yeah, I'm liking the "humans sneak in socially, wait a minute, then drop the marines" plan.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Huh, just noticed the new OOC thread.

That said, humans go in the front, marines crash the party from above sounds decent.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Apologies for being late, new job and getting that up and running. Will put app here ASAP.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Cap'n Dash Lightning

Genius and Talent is rarely appreciated in its own time, even when its as awesome as blowing things up while moving at a significant fraction of C. Even after knocking out 7 fighter bommas in as many minutes, Imperial Navy pilot Dashell Leight found the Order of Stellar Valor being presented to rival of noble birth too fat to fit in the cockpit and thus had a substitute combat servitor pilot the craft in his stead. This, along with the discovery of several amiable relationships between him and multiple Flag Officers' wives made him consider a career choice between freelancing and the firing squad.

One flagrant act of desertion later, he wandered between mercenary and later outright chaos warbands. Turns out most followers of the Gods have consistent need to get between the previous place where they stabbed and shot and zapped people to the current place where they stab and shoot and zap people. All in all, terrifying, mind shattering horror aside, its an awesome job, especially when you can pull enough Gs to make a 10,000 year old super human warrior puke up into his helmet.

quote:

Alignment: Slaanesh
Pride: Charm
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Perfection

Characteristics:
WS 25=25+0+3Ren-3per
BS 50=25+17+3Ren+5xp
STR 30=25+5
TOU 40=25+20-5 Charm
AGI 60=25+20+5per+10xp
INT 30=25+10-5 Hubris
WIL 30=25+8-3per
PER 30=25+5
FEL 50=25+15+5charm+5xp
INF 49=19+22+5bonus+2Hubris+1http://orokos.com/roll/225901
COR 21=16+5bonus

Wounds 11: http://orokos.com/roll/225902

Skills:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Command
Common Lore (Imperial Navy, Imperium, War)
Deceive
Dodge+10
Navigate (Space)
Operate (Surface, Flyer*, Spacecraft)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Security
Stealth
Tech Use
Trade (Voidsman)

Talents:
Catfall
Doubleteam
Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing)
Hipshooting
Jaded
Lightning Reflexes
Marksman
Quick Draw,
Rapid Reload,
Step Aside
Weapon Training (Bolt, Chain, Flame, Las, Plasma, Primary, SP)

Traits:
Adroit (agility): +1 DoS on Agility based rolls
*Mastery of Small Craft May reroll all failed Op (Flyer) tests
Quick and the dead: +2 to init

Gear:
C.Craftsmanship Plasmagun
Common Craftsmanship Bolt Pistol,
Best Craftsmanship Chainsword
Carapace Armour
Medikit
Dataslate with annotated version of Tactica Imperialis
Cybernetic Senses x4*
-G.Q. Ears
-Internal Microbead
-G.Q. Eyes
-Darksight
Conversion Field*
Best Quality MIU*
G.Quality Jumppack*
*-20 Acquisition.

quote:

Exp: 3550/3650

Characteristics:

BS+5 250
Agi+5 250
Agi+10 500
Fel+5 250

Skills:
Acrobatics 200
Charm 200
Deceive 200
Navigate (Space) 200

Talents:
L.Reflexes 250
Step Aside 750
WT Plasma 250

God Alignment
Slaanesh 5
All others: 0

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Oct 17, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Father Jaizon

The marine known as Jaizon was once lost, a stray in the universe who had not found his path. He followed under the banner of a failing army, a soldier fighting a battle he could never win against forces unknowable to his simple mind who had existed for longer than he could ever imagine. But he was resilient. He fought on. He struggled where others merely fell, he strained against his bonds while his fellows were crushed by them. He didn't know it at the time, but each time he survived, each time he was driven closer and closer to questioning the very things he held as sacred fact, the closer he came to salvation.

It was in this way that he faced down a Great Unclean One, a monstrous being that, as it laughed through each blow, questioned the marine on his faith, casting the shadowed doubts he held in his mind fully into the light. At first, this merely enraged Jaizon, and he pressed his attack harder, digging deeply into the creature's flesh, eliciting deeper and more boistrous laughs; he tore at the beast with mind and blade. Finally, the monster grew bored and caught his arm on the next swing, wrenching his arm out of its socket as it hoisted him into the sky to dangle before its face, and it asked him, "Do you not know that all beings wither and die, little one? Even the greatest of gods may be slain, and may be wounded, and it will break your heart to know yours cannot even be found by ours. He is gone. You have fought, and you have killed, and you will die in the vanity of a dead man who created greatness and inspired nothing."

Jaizon was stunned by the words, feeling dizzy and lightheaded. Part of him knew it to be true, while another fought on, screaming that the daemon was using some sort of hideous sorcery to warp his mind, to alter his perceptions and fill him with despair. That version of Jaizon lashed out with the blade attached to his hip, slashing through the creature's throat. The blade should not have cut as deep as it did, for all the punishment the beast had sustained so far, but with the single swipe a torrent of vile ichor sprayed out, bathing the marine from head to toe in filth. The daemon laughed as it dropped the marine and fell atop of him, before dissipating back into the warp. The marine was wounded and infected through and through, and lay there in a stupor. No succor would come for him, no aid; he craned his head slowly, seeing his brothers dead bodies about him.

For days, he lay there, fighting back the disease and his own wounds. For days, fever cooked his brain, and disease ravaged his body. Slowly, the Jaizon who had once fought against the inevitability of decay and strove to champion all that was good with humanity died. But the other being, the one who had found reason in the daemon's words, who had always wondered why he fought at all, and had glimpsed into the vastness of the warp, grew stronger. Over his body burned a brilliant sun, speeding the fever along, and with a final rattling breath, he closed his eyes, his dried lips moving as he pleaded for help.

For that day, Jaizon both died and was finally born into the world. The being that rose days later looked much like the lost marine, thought much like the lost marine, and knew all the lost marine knew, but this Jaizon was finally pure. Within him toiled the works of the only deity to show true compassion for him, the very gifts that, once he accepted them, put strength in his tired and withered muscles and breath in his ravaged lungs. His eyes were open; he knew how close death had been, and it had only taken a whisper for help for the Grandfather to turn his hindrances into his strengths. He felt a joy in his breast that he had never felt before, and the gospel burned within his mind. He felt.. radiant.. with his rebirth. Never before had he felt such devotion, such compassion, such energy. He knew then it was his mission to spread his lord's story, his gifts, and everything that had been granted to him. It was not his place to hoard strength, like the barbarians of Khorne, or to store away knowledge, like the elitists of Tzeentch, or even to keep his very joy to himself, like the hedonists of Slaanesh. Picking up the now pitted blade that had brought upon him his rebirth and his new found ministry, Jaizon set off into the world, ready to preach.

His armor has been stripped of its paint and markings, leaving the simple globs of putrescence upon his breast that form the Mark of Nurgle on a vastness of bare and grey metal, with which Jaizon will paint a mural to his patron. His mind has been boiled and burned by disease and plague, and he has accumulated little for his name, for he has yet to make his mark on the world.

Some day, he hopes that will change.

Name: Father Jaizon
Archetype: Sorcerer
Position: Astropath
Pride: Fortitude
Disgrace: Gluttony
Motivation: Perfection

WS 45 (30+5+20)
BS 30
S 50 (30+20)
T 65 (30+5+20+10)
Ag 32 (30-3-5+10)
Int 37 (30-3+10)
Per 37 (30-3+10)
WP 50 (30+20)
Fel 17 (30-3+10-20)

Wounds: 25/25
Infamy: 51
Corruption: 22

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
Common Lore (War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Psykers)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Psyniscience,
Scholastic Lore (Occult, Cryptology)
Scrutiny
Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Psy Rating (x3)
Mimic
Unremarkable

Trait:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+5)
Bound Sorcerer
Nurgle Wizard - Use toughness instead of willpower for spells; does not count unnatural toughness for DoS.
Stuff of Nightmares - Immune to stunning, suffocation, poison, disease, environmental hazards, and bleeding. Can not be outright killed by a critical effect unless caused by holy or psychic means.

Gifts:
Illusion of Normalcy
Mark of Nurgle

Powers:
Leper's Curse
Rain of Foulness
Choir of Poxes
Field of Pestilence
Inviolable Flesh
Nurgle's Rot

Diseases:
Festering Shroud
Nurgle's Rot

Equipment
Legionnaire Power Armour
Legionnaire Bolter
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Legionnaire Bolt Pistol
Power Scythe
Force Sword
Psy-Focus

Acquisitions:
Festering Shroud (Disease) (-20)
Power Scythe w/ Storm Field Generator (-20)
Chain Hammer (-20)
Trophy Rack (-20)
Twp Skulls of Imperial Saints (-20)

Experience 4100/4100
Rain of Foulness PSYKER XP NURGLE
Leper's Curse PSYKER XP NURGLE
Choir of Poxes 100 NURGLE
Field of Pestilence 300 NURGLE
Inviolable Flesh 200 NURGLE
T+5 100 NURGLE
T+10 250 NURGLE
Medicae 100 NURGLE
Medicae +10 200 NURGLE
Intimidate 100 NURGLE
Intimidate +10 200 NURGLE
Survival 100 NURGLE
Survival +10 200 NURGLE
Disturbing Voice 200 NURGLE
Sound Constitution 200 NURGLE
Fearless 400 NURGLE
Master Chiurgeon 400 NURGLE
War Cry 400 NURGLE
Nurgle's Rot 400 NURGLE

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dyne and Govtcheese/ronwayne: you'll be introduced into the game shortly. The following information Is for Dyne and Govtcheese only!:

You two will be introduced once the players get into the mountain base ahead, so hopefully soon. Unbeknownst to the players, they are about to unintentionally gently caress up Aethun's plans. If you were too lazy to read the Important Players in my post above, Aethun is an Alpha Legion Daemon Prince of Tzeentch who provided the players with the ship. They are "working for him" though most of the players hate the guy, and he has, of late, just been having them work with other daemon princes.

Since he's Alpha Legion as gently caress, he never told the players that on Iocanthos he has been trying to put Seth the Voice (the warlord who's ghostfire stash they are about to raid) into power. He has also been trying to corrupt the Ghostfire. This has been accomplished by a Thousand Son's Sorcerer who's been chilling out in the mountain doing warp fuckery.

The both of you had also been nominally employed in either corrupting the Ghostfire or aiding Seth the Voice's efforts. For whatever reasons of your own, either you betrayed Aethun, or Aethun has betrayed you, having you imprisoned in this secret base, where the other players will find you. It is up to you how truthful you want to be with them as it relates to your betrayal.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

k. What do i do about gifts/mutations?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

k. What do i do about gifts/mutations?

Gift one: failed infamy test, then rolled 21, so you have: blessed fits, steel hearted, boneless, burning body, or chaos organ.

Gift two: passed infamy test. Slaanesh grants you a daemon weapon. I'll generate that either tonight, or some point before you get dropped in.

e: I will make one of your current weapons a daemon weapon, so nominate/change your acquisitions accordingly.

Werix fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 16, 2014

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

swapped out some stuff for WT Plasma and going with my plasma gun as nominated weapon.

And blessed fits, because who doesn't want to ride with an epileptic jet fighter pilot?

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Oct 17, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

And blessed fits, because who doesn't want to ride with an epileptic jet fighter pilot?

You all are going to crash and die.

Daemon weapon:

Plasma Gun type:Basic Range: 90m RoF:S/2/– Dam:1d10+10E Pen:12 Clp:-- Rld:-- Spcl:Maximal, Overheats, gyrostabalized

Binding Strength:1
Traits: Lashing

Sorry, Daemonette's have a poo poo WP of 28, so your Daemon weapon kind of blows.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

that's alright, it can henpeck me to death when its not trying to burn me to death.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Werix, I'll be without internet access from the 18th through the 29th of this month. Haven't really had anything to add to the current discussion and it's been moving pretty slow, but if something does come up that I would need to attend to(conversation directed at me, fights, etc.) I'll need to be put on auto-pilot or something.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Gonna update here once Onion posts his actions. You're also back just in time Lordkoth, this turn Jolinaxas and yourself get to be dropped off, and will be able to post actions next.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I assume me and dyne enter stage left (or rather, sit on our rear end stage left) when this is over?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ah, cool. I'll hold off on putting up a new post until then in that case.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Ronwayne posted:

I assume me and dyne enter stage left (or rather, sit on our rear end stage left) when this is over?

My guess is that Werix will say something along the lines of, "and then there are these two motherfuckers."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

Stage right, but yes. As soon as these guys kill these clowns, which I don't think should take too long, and enter the cave with all the :catdrugs: ingredients, you and dyne will become available.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Are they the ingredients? Also, can I have :catdrugs: ingredients?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Waci posted:

Are they the ingredients? Also, can I have :catdrugs: ingredients?

That's what you've been told, that the cave holds a bunch of ghostfire pollen, which you are to capture for Bodak and if that's not possible to destroy it.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Is the cave wide enough to drive the Chimera down?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

Is the cave wide enough to drive the Chimera down?

You wish. No, the entrance is rather small, maybe two people (marines) wide. If it's storing a bunch of stuff, it was either brought in by hand, or maybe a hand cart.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dyne and Ronwayne, you guys are in now! Feel free to post!

Beyond the stuff I spoilered above, you two also know this, if you want to share it or not:

There is a Thousand Sons sorcerer down there, which you knew. He has at least half a dozen rubric marines, maybe more, they all look alike, though you've seen at least six in one place at a time. There is also a squad of the most elite of the mercs down there, we're talking hellguns elite.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Werix, you mentioned a gun cutter landed for medical supplies: does this have any in-game effect? If not, can someone heal up Lucien tia

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

MaliciousOnion posted:

Werix, you mentioned a gun cutter landed for medical supplies: does this have any in-game effect? If not, can someone heal up Lucien tia

It dropped off medical kits so someone who's trained (waci) can heal him. Otherwise you can tell him to stay on the gun cutter too.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

Dash

"What he said, except with 'They took my guncutter away and now I'm stuck on this rock with no where to go'. Also I'd have to abandon all my stuff in lockdown, unless those fuckin' assholes pilfered it. I used to own a shirt, believe or not."
He taps his head. "By the way, what frequency you lot using?"

I let dyne know this in IRC but not you. Your actual gear is like in a crate outside the cell, so you don't have to go below and get it.

The shirt is gone, and as for the guncutter, well your new crew has one, with a new Chimera in the cargo hold!

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

k, editted

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I'm so proud of you guys just sort of doing all that socializing. From now on I might just not take dyne during recruit, but bring him in later for a little injection of life!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Except for the times you've taken me and gently caress all has happened from it.

But I can be like a little shot of exposition! Frankly the best part was the other marine pinching his nose while trying to deal with Jaizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I'm getting married this weekend, so I'll likely not be posting until Monday. Feel free to NPC me, since my typical attack strat is just to run at the closest man and hit him with my sword until he falls over.