Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

I've never actually played Gone Home. Probably going to give that a shot in the next 30 days.

Team Fortress 2 usually does some stuff in October. I'll probably try that.

You?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordVonEarlDuke
Jun 24, 2011

I'm going to try to finally get through Pathologic in honor of Scary month festival. Maybe I will also huff paint so I can enjoy Dead Space 3 and finish that because my friend got it and keeps trying to co op w/ it

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
maybe i'll finally get around to playing Costume Quest

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

i've already played silent hill 1-3 this year, i guess i should get around to 4

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
might try victoria 2. the horror of banality, the banality of evil

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Amnesia: Pork Thing?

(I heard it's not scary, and I hate scary games)

Also OP, Gone Home is not scary. Unless you hate lesbian teenage stories. Then probably.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
gonna play my first horror game because resident evil 4 apparently doesn't count

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

darealkooky posted:

gonna play my first horror game because resident evil 4 apparently doesn't count

it doesn't

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Gonna try out The Evil Within, been looking forward to that. IDK what else, maybe I'll get one of those Fatal Frame games? I hear they are pretty SCARY!!

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.

darealkooky posted:

Play Resident Evil 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJLJqnrDJhU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

if you do that twice don't they let you go out and the dogs just eat you

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I will attempt to play Silent Hill 2 PC again. It jumped off a building hosed itself up the rear end in midair when I tried running it before, but I had 32bit Vista installed 'cause I'd bought my computer secondhand. I'll have a Windows 7 64bit install when it's finally loving repaired and hopefully it won't poo poo itself again.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
gonna play some scary games op

including final fantasy 13 cus it's scary how anime it is

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
also yeah play resident evil 1

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Vanishing of Ethan Carter looks kinda neat.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
pro thing to do is to play eternal darkness or at least view the current lp of it

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
not too much. tv broke so i need to get a new one. but i'll probs finally play Lone Survivor, cause I have it on ps+. might just play it on the busted tv, because the terrible burn in and fading might make it even more spooky.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Res Evil 4 is sort of scary before you know what you're doing (and when you meet your first regenerator.)

sorta loses that once you're blowing faces off and suplexing priests though.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

re4 isn't "scary" but it always has a tension to it, either because the dude you're fighting is savage, they play a graphic death scene when you die, or you need to protect ashley

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Mazed posted:

Vanishing of Ethan Carter looks kinda neat.

Actually yeah this caught my eye too, but it almost worries me they only want twenty bucks. Makes me think it's a 2-4 hour game probably.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

The Protagonist posted:

Actually yeah this caught my eye too, but it almost worries me they only want twenty bucks. Makes me think it's a 2-4 hour game probably.

It is

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
i'm gonna stream some spoopy-ish games for people on twitter on the 31st

probably just Space Funeral, actually

maybe Sir, You Are Being Hunted.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

I thought about doing that speedrun where you beat silent hill 2 in like an hour but I just realized I could just watch one on YouTube instead so I'll just do that

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Re4 is a horror game but not a survival horror game. It is a horror themed game, like dead rising

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

I did this

holy gently caress I had no idea resident evil 1 had an FMV intro, that was incredible

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!
I plan to J/O and play Splatterhouse a bunch

but i repat myself hahaha

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

gonna play some Organ Trail

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

somehow i knew.

i just knew

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I'm surprised no one said dota 2. Don't they have a seasonal thing that retards froth at the mouth over

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I'm surprised no one said dota 2. Don't they have a seasonal thing that retards froth at the mouth over

we have better taste than that

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Humphrey Vasel posted:

i got cancelled this year lol

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
scary games are the best. going to play some outlast, some stalker, some penumbra, some amnesia, some metro reduc, some resident evils

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

I've been playing Fatal Frame 3 with a friend.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MnD-Yo103Q

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?
im a giant pussy with like 5 or 6 horror games ive never beat because i get scared at video games

im going to play them and continue not beating them because a jump scare will make me freak out and quit

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
ot going to lie, half life 2's spider headcrabs and regular head crabs scare the living bejesus out of me. i actually panic over any enemies that are small like that. face hugger from the alien series, the green worm things in duke3d, anything like that terrifies me to the point where i break out in cold sweats.

i do really enjoy it. i like experiencing all kins of emotions and far is one i do not feel enough

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

I don't know yet, but I've never beaten Slender...

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i miss being a child

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
Silent hill 2. NOT the new alien game because aliens arent scary because i killed 100s of them already, in other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Are any of the good Fatal Frame games on PC? I'll play them if they are. I can't emulate ps2 on my computer without huge frame dips at times, and I can't afford to buy the disks off Amazon.

• Locked thread