Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadMattH
Sep 8, 2011
How dare you talk that way about the greatest thing to happen to mankind! Yeast not only brings us bread but also beer. Yeast would never harm us and only brings good things! Humanity still hasn't reached it's peak of yeast using goodness. We will soon spread into the solar system and then to the stars and we have only yeast to thank. We shall carry yeast's word with us as we conquer the non-yeast using organisms in this galaxy and then conquer others. It is only a matter of time! WE SHALL BREAK THE BONDS IMPOSED BY THIS PLANET AND WILL BECOME MASTERS OF ALL CREATION!

Anybody else really, really want some bread or beer now? I know I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
i heard that there was some research that showed mice with peanut allergies were able to eat peanuts again after getting a colony of some bacteria they were missing in their stomachs. no one knows for sure yet, OP.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

The Protagonist posted:

you know whats freakier than fungus?

The Prion.

it sounds like a lovely car but really it's just a configuration of a protein that exists naturally in your brain, though nobody knows what its really for. Proteins can form in all sorts of shapes ofc, but if this particular one learns to twist up in a particular shape it's so stable that the body's own regeneration methods can no longer remove it. Also, somehow, it can pass this configuration on indefinitely.

It's like ice9 for your brain.

Prions are loving dope

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Prions are hosed up. How can you get outta bed knowing that poo poo could just happen

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
SSRIs

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Haha yeah that's a pretty stupid question op :gas:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

ayekappy posted:

Like Doctors should have to prescribe a regiment of good probiotics after doses of antibiotics.
How many probiotics are there in a regiment of good probiotics?
Is the number different for a regiment of bad probiotics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

you're not controlled by a fungus, you are just a goon that gets blue balls from even a slight breeze

• Locked thread