Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Somebody speculated on Capital's base location about a million pages ago. Remember that the upper terminus of a space elevator has to be at geostationary orbit - above the equator, so Capital has to be in South America (did we ever find out exactly where Jaburo was? I like that idea too), Africa, or one of the Indonesian islands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Does it mention in that text if the grey areas are unaffiliated nations or just like...

...gone gone?

Some of the borders are too ruler-straight to be a catastrophe. They're probably just irrelevant.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kingtheninja posted:

How many days is it usually taking for sub groups to put out an episode? Monday seems to be the earliest I've found.

HorribleSubs usually has it up same day.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Looking forward to Raraya's full recovery from her decompression retard syndrome, though at least she's not a literal screaming baby like Karlman.

I like the idea that she's a Moonrace spy. She looks enough like Loran, and Earthrace people used plenty of captured/discovered Moonrace suits in Turn A, after all.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tsob posted:

Loran isn't really particularly representative of the Moonrace though.

Sure, but he's probably the most recognizable Moonrace spy, so if they're trying to make her a callback it works. I didn't expect the Moonrace to all look like Loran and I don't expect all of Rayra's pals to look like her, either.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Beef Waifu posted:

Wait this show has more poop jokes in it? I must catch up.

We almost literally get "pee pee poo poo" from the space retard.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Bellri is naive, The Capital Guard are an unprofessional reserve that are also more concerned with pomp and aesthetic than getting actual work done, the capital populace in general seems to have a very blase attitude about things, if the short glimpse we got of the undernut recently can be taken as standard.

Someone in Undernut cared enough to throw a rock at the Capital Army guys as they zoomed by on Segways, though I'm not sure if that argued for or against Capital residents being chill.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Azipod posted:

Best moment of the episode right here. :awesomelon: :respek: :cool:

You know this is exactly what the pilots would do all the time in the real world.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Klim Nick seemed to perpetuate it, but it was entirely in passing and that was his only real interaction with Noredo so far, so I wonder how he picked up she was at all. The rest of the Pirate Crew haven't though, and Klim is from an elite position so that might have had something to do with his worldview or upbringing instead.

It's the smell. Kuntala smell delicious and the normals are jealous of that delightful musk and disgusted with themselves for even considering how tasty the Kuntala are as they pass by in the hall. Mask's unit is all Kuntala because the Capital Army leadership was tired of the other soldiers coming up to them and trying to smell their hair; now that they're on their own they have fewer distractions and can really excel.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Looks like Aida's still a terrible pilot!

At this point I don't think Aida is going to recover from her space retard syndrome.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tsob posted:

Not really. They speculated last episode about rumors that Bellri was adopted and despite Bellri having twigged a connection to Aida in the first episode, we're now over a third of the way through the show with them having spent time together every episode and there's no real romantic tension there as of yet. With Kerbes taking an immediate shine to Aida, and Aida treating the guy more friendly than she does Bellri already, presumably because there isn't the specter of a dead friend looming between them I would actually be surprised at this point if they did turn in to a romantic thing.

I predict they'll do what Lucas did with Luke and Leia in Star Wars - some sexual tension for a while, then the "you're siblings" surprise reveal near the end.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Maarak posted:

Any ideas on what the Blue Rose of Hermes might be? The R&D dude seemed very dismissive of the grand name, which makes me think it's a much more mundane piece of UC history.

The burned out remnants of the La Vie en Rose with a mass production Qubeley crashed into it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

@next week's preview: Oh gently caress. It's Zanscare.

You know, it figures that if any single faction would survive the end of the Universal Century and the first thousand years of the Reguild Century, it would be my least favorite bunch.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I wonder if they kept the blueprints for the cock and balls space laser.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

These guys are already much less gullible than the Moonrace ever were; Earthnoids are in for a pounding if it's to be war.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I want a side episode that's just steer and gisela and the nurse lady and tailor lady having a fun day together.

If we get a hot springs episode I'm blaming it on you.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I love Raraiya.

She seems like she will be an enjoyable character now that she's not Space Retarded.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

Since I have been out of the loop on this show since October how likely is it now that it is just leading up to Turn A?

It's not. As much as some people seem to want the G-Self's antenna to slide halfway down its face and for the Turn X to show up and Moonlight Butterfly everything to dust in the last episode, it won't happen.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ka0 posted:

I hope Raraiya lives in the end.

Ahahahah

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

All signs point to Bellri just being an amazing pilot.

And probably a Newtype too given the Towasangan comments this episode.

Hey, you know what we haven't seen yet? People peeing in their mobile suit cockpits.... IN SPAAAAAAAAAAACE!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Caros posted:

We did get a hot shower scene tho.

Credit where credit is due, G-Reco might have done a laughably insulting job with Aida, but their fanservice isn't gender biased. Also Bellri telling the Haro to shut up was pretty good.

I appreciated that the shower had a headpiece so you don't inhale a bunch of free floating water - can't say they don't pay attention to details of life in this show.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I wonder if Cyrano supposed to be A Boa Qu that was superglued back together. The shape is kind of similar.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Having explosive ammo in a shield seems like a bad idea to me really. One good hit and it'd all cook off.

Like that's the dumbest shield-related design decision we've seen in Gundam.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Artum posted:

Everyone who parrots the same "the weakpoint was in the shield!:byodood:" complaint was and continues to be an idiot.

I was one of those for a long time, and to be fair we hadn't ever gotten an example of a thermal/blast shield that wasn't primarily a ballistic shield in the series before and I don't think we've gotten one since. The closest we'd seen was the thermal re-entry blanket from 0079 that was retconned into a gas blanket for the movies.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Caros posted:

Minovsky Particles.
The GP-02 is designed to be able to defend itself and fire a nuke at combat distances without being destroyed in the process. It was actually pretty good at its job when you look at it that way.

Better than the MS-06C ever was, anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry, old Raraiya sucked, new Raraiya owns.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Are you suggesting that she should acquire the No-Bell Gundam? Ouch.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I thought the same, mostly because otherwise we all know Bellri's reaction to killing someone. "IF YOU HADN'T BEEN THERE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE DIED" or similar. His way of taking lives involves blaming the other party for dying, and for once he didn't do that.

That said, they could've just put a Newtype flash in there so no one would doubt it.

It was right in the episode title.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

dogsicle posted:

Looking at gginfinite's markup, I almost wonder if buying services end up cheaper. Probably something to ask the Gunpla thread if an interesting exclusive shows up.

The only time I tried gginfinite they cancelled the order on me with no warning and no explanation, so gently caress that. But yeah, come to the gunpla thread, there's a lot more information there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

We still have the moon's equatorial belt of solar panels that turned out not to be the photon battery charging system and never was explained. Maybe Towasanga has a Death Star and/or a bunch of Satellite Cannons.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

I wonder if Klim Nick won't actually turn and will just remain a nominal ally until the end. He was set up to be in direct opposition to Aida and Gusion's ideals but even though he's still a naive warmonger the megafauna still seems to be on good terms with him and Mick Jack.

I guess the worst thing you could say about him is that he remained on the sidelines instead of actively fighting the Yggdrassil but in his defense that thing was weird as hell and staying away was the safest option. He can capitalize on Gusion's death but i wonder if he'll take the true antagonistic role or just work together with Aida in the end.

Given that he pretty much said he wants to be king of the world, he's almost certainly going to make a play.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

dogsicle posted:

0083 is the only Gundam show I deleted after watching. I kinda regret not having 24/7 access to Men of Destiny, though.

This is why God made soundtrack albums!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I'm watching Overman King Gainer, and I really wish you assholes hadn't been all, "oh I hope Kia Mbeki and Kun Soon turn out to be alive at the end just like those characters from Overman King Gainer who apparently die early on but you find out at the end they didn't!"

That would've been a nice surprise!

Oh no, spoilers from a 13-year-old show!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Is that why FYAD renamed itself to a game of thrones spoiler, or was that unrelated?

It was deliberate.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

lol Bad science fiction isn't art.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm down for G-Reco MSVs/side-story mangas/OVAs.

Chuchumy : The Fish Who Could Not Ride the Rainbow

• Locked thread