Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Luminaflare posted:

Also have Bandai said anything about doing a kit for the Recten?

Nothing's announced but it seems like the sort of thing they might skip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

MrLonghair posted:

Tomino you beautiful bastard, I should read your books.

I would strongly advise against this.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PouA2_Y7vHs

Features creepy bullshit as a pre-click warning.

what the gently caress did I just watch

is this some cruel joke

(oh well, can't say I wasn't warned)

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I knew of her. I just didn't know about that.

Have watched enough ZZ to know that it's a bad show but holy drat son.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Sharkopath posted:

Gyobu got too excited because the Mack Knife kit starts shipping tomorrow that he designed a new Mack Knife, Covert Forces Edition.

With shield booster!

What other projects has this guy worked on? Can't say I'm fully on board with the aesthetic but his imagination is admirable and his technical chops are loving amazing.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I've got a friend who hates 0080 because he can't stand little kid characters.

I too have a low tolerance for the Little Masters in Short Pants, so 0080 was a bit of a struggle for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

W.T. Fits posted:

I was under the impression that V Gundam itself was the temper tantrum, not Tomino's later "Don't buy this, it's terrible," comments on it.

Mostly because it was my understanding that Tomino was pretty burned out on Gundam at that point, was in the middle of a nasty bout of depression, and was pretty sick of Sunrise and Bandai pestering him to make more Gundam for them to sell model kits of. So a lot of the more :stare: stuff that happened over the course of the series (like the gratuitously high body count) were basically his attempts to kill the franchise off.

He very nearly succeeded.

• Locked thread