Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Well folks, this is it. The last month of the season...for half of the league. In Chivas' case, this is most likely it for the next 2 years.

For the other half of the league, there's still another 1-5 weeks left after this month (why do we have a 2 week break before the semis again?). The Supporter's Shield race looks like it's down to Seattle and LA (who are the only teams that have clinched playoff spots), with DC hoping both teams somehow stumble so they can sneak into the top spot (they won't). Only Chivas and Montreal are officially out of the playoffs, but let's face it, you can look at the tables and probably get 8 of the 10 teams without thinking too hard about it.

Oh, and Chicago can still beat the record for most ties in a season. Watch as they somehow tie it. This is what I think of that.

Schedule for this week:

code:
Oct 02 8:00PM EDT	Philadelphia Union	v	Chicago Fire		[ESPN2]

Oct 03 8:00PM EDT	D.C. United		v	Sporting Kansas City	[NBCSN]

Oct 04 6:00PM EDT	New York Red Bulls	v	Houston Dynamo		[NBCSN]
Oct 04 7:00PM EDT	Vancouver Whitecaps	v	FC Dallas
Oct 04 7:30PM EDT	New England Revolution	v	Columbus Crew		SOTW*
Oct 04 10:30PM EDT	LA Galaxy		v	Toronto FC		
Oct 04 10:30PM EDT	San Jose Earthquakes	v	Portland Timbers	[NBCSN]

Oct 05 3:00PM EDT	Colorado Rapids		v	Seattle Sounders FC	[UniMas]
Oct 05 5:00PM EDT	Chicago Fire		v	Montreal Impact
Oct 05 7:00PM EDT	Chivas USA		v	Real Salt Lake

*Stream of the Week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Here are the standings going into tonight's game:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tigren posted:

Here are the standings going into tonight's game:

I still don't understand why wins is the tiebreaker when Goal Difference is the tiebreaker for literally everything else ever.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

reminder that currently toronto would qualify for a playoff spot in the west because the west is poo poo and full of poo poo teams, cities, and people

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I still don't understand why wins is the tiebreaker when Goal Difference is the tiebreaker for literally everything else ever.

Garber wanted to throw Seattle a bone.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Agreed. I'll say it again, if two teams are tied on points, but one has more wins, that means they also have MORE LOSSES!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Azerban posted:

reminder that currently toronto would qualify for a playoff spot in the west because the west is poo poo and full of poo poo teams, cities, and people

:smith:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

because gently caress The Galaxy™? at least I would hope so, anyway

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Azerban posted:

NYCFC fan spotted. Get him!

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Star Man posted:

NYCFC fan spotted. Get him!

yeah, let's get him

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Is everyone excited to see two poo poo teams tonight?

I know I am. Tune in to see if the ref will gift Philly a point again, like he did last time.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Chicago will win and begin their miraculous climb into the playoffs.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Starters: Johnson; Palmer, Ianni, Soumare, Alex; Ward, Pause, Larentowicz ©, Nyassi; Shipp, Amarikwa

:catstare:

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

So our right back has a yellow 5 minutes in and our left back is a CAM.

This will be...fun.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
I will be casually glancing at this game while working because I am a Dumb loving Idiot With Nothing Better To Do.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
thank god philly are poo poo too

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

"here, you have the ball, we don't want it."

"no, no, be our guest. i'm going to bomb this awful pass out of bounds so you can get it back."

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Thank you for not adding any time to that mess, ref.

Jim Curtin has an advanced case of smallface syndrome.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Paddyb posted:

Thank you for not adding any time to that mess, ref.

Jim Curtin has an advanced case of smallface syndrome.

Don't speak ill of a Fire legend. :colbert:

This game is so, so bad.

Grim2k3
Sep 13, 2007
Real life fake Ninja
Did the ref actually blow for halftime a few seconds before the 45 minutes was up? I'd of been okay with a few minutes before, just thought it was strange.

Highlight of the half was Healy asking Twellman if he remembered playing against some former player and Twellamn just answering "no".

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Ah yes, let's repeatedly kick it over our own end line. That's a good strategy, Baky.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grim2k3 posted:

Did the ref actually blow for halftime a few seconds before the 45 minutes was up? I'd of been okay with a few minutes before, just thought it was strange.

If it was only a few seconds, Penso probably blew the moment his watch started vibrating to tell him 45 minutes was up. Reckon he started it a couple of seconds early so that probably explains it.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Ah yes, the French International former Liverpool Starlet

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

When Pongolle was signed, I thought, "Nah, he couldn't be that bad, right?"

He is. :stonk:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Mon dieu

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Where is 2badteams.jpg.....

(Chicago really should have scored a minute ago)

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Magee would have scored that.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao

I mean professional soccer player there

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Even Taylor Twellman feels bad for us. :smith:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

If Penso was out for Chicago's blood he could have given the penalty there, so I think y'all might get out of here okay.

e: It would have been a bad call for sure, didn't mean it was a borderline thing. Just that he has had bad calls that have cost the Fire points recently.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

I'm suffering from some form of dementia because I am determined to muscle through this garbage game with Taylor Twellman droning into my ears.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

chaoslord posted:

If Penso was out for Chicago's blood he could have given the penalty there, so I think y'all might get out of here okay.

I mean, with how remote our playoff chances are, "okay" equals "no one has a career-ending injury."

E: Earnshaw is actually making Chicago look mildly dangerous. That's why he should be starting.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

:siren: 7 minutes until a new draws record :siren:

kill screen coming up

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Or not

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

welp

paddyboat