Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

Ambassador of Funk posted:

He's too paid to not be in the lineup! :v:

I will be disappointed but not shocked if he's in the lineup for Game 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

toe knee hand posted:

I will be disappointed but not shocked if he's in the lineup for Game 2.

We'll probably also see Joe Nathan attempt to close a game in the playoffs.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
First postseason series lead for KC since 1980!

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Sandpuppy posted:

I don't know, they took a pretty commanding 4-3 lead in the World Series back in 1985.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

Sandpuppy posted:

But that's the one they didn't win! Obviously it has to be done the exact same way.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Ambassador of Funk posted:

But that's the one they didn't win! Obviously it has to be done the exact same way.

They went 3-0 vs the Yankees in the '80 ALCS. They never had the lead in that WS against Philly.

tarlibone posted:

I don't know, they took a pretty commanding 4-3 lead in the World Series back in 1985.

Well, I guess being up 11-0 in a seventh game felt about as good as a proper series lead, but I'm talking about having a lead with a series not yet finished.

Sandpuppy fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 3, 2014

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Sandpuppy posted:

Well, I guess being up 11-0 in a seventh game felt about as good as a proper series lead, but I'm talking about having a lead with a series not yet finished.

Heh. Fair enough.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

fknlo posted:

So if the Angels lose the series is that bad call on a check swing gonna be the thing they hold onto for decades?

The Angels were pissed (and probably still are) at AJ Pierzynski for rooking them out of a playoff game.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
*price is right car price game* is there at least one person that predicted kc and Baltimore to win the first game *losing music plays*

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Sandpuppy posted:

Kc has a post season win streak that is still alive from the eighties this has to be a record.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Poonerman posted:

we criticize joe buck (and rightfully so), but he's orders of magnitudes better than ernie johnson

False.

Ernie Johnson doesn't continually over-sell the game you're already watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

boy am i looking forward to Verlander getting shmacked around a little.

• Locked thread