Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Liking this game so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Tigers immediately draft every player they can find named Martinez

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

JD Martinez is going to get a new contract as well, because he is in his arbitration years.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Baseball is so weird.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
This game's gonna rule

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

KKK bomb,bomb

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Guys, I really, really, really love American League Baseball.

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Don't tap on the fucking glass!
I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
Huh, had no idea Tom Clancy was affiliated with the Orioles.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

armoredgorilla posted:

This game's gonna rule

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
So strikeouts or dingers

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

BABIP NaN

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

I swear to god I'll cut off your fucking fingers and feed them to the otters for enrichment.
What's the pitcher equivalent of 3TO?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Marketing New Brain posted:

So strikeouts or dingers

THIS HOW WE DO IN THE AL :whatup:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pretty fun postseason so far.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Oh great. I had hoped with a TBS broadcast we wouldn't have to see promos for FOX's new poo poo shows.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
John Mulaney you are so much better than your show is going to be. :(

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know the Mulaney show is gonna suck because there's no way it'll ever have him act out the joke where he chases a woman down an empty street because he doesn't understand that he's viewed as a grown adult now and adults rape each other.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Strike 4, take you base. :confused:

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

hahaha the Detroit radio hosts won't shut the gently caress up about Camden Yards

"it's about 15 feet in front of the warning track."
"in comerica park, that's about 30-40 feet in front of the warning track."

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Snowman Crossing posted:

hahaha the Detroit radio hosts won't shut the gently caress up about Camden Yards

That's what it's like playing in a good ballpark :smugbird:

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I know the Mulaney show is gonna suck because there's no way it'll ever have him act out the joke where he chases a woman down an empty street because he doesn't understand that he's viewed as a grown adult now and adults rape each other.

The Top Part and New in Town are two of the greatest things ever and I feel sad that Mulaney may turn potential fans away from experiencing them over and over.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Tigers should try and avoid getting the O's to only two outs tonight it seems.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

Snowman Crossing posted:

They had their chance to build a bandbox for real American League baseball and they failed.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Markakis is locked in

William T. Hornaday
Nov 26, 2007

Good lord, it's still only the second inning.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

which one of you bozos thought the o's would only score a run or two a game? kawalimus?

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.

Abel Wingnut posted:

which one of you bozos thought the o's would only score a run or two a game? kawalimus?

Kawalimus posted:

Orioles/Tigers is going to be a massacre. I won't be surprised if the Orioles don't get a single run the entire series.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

For real the Tigers have yet to put a single ball on the ground this whole game so far.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

William T. Hornaday posted:

What's the pitcher equivalent of 3TO?

It would be the same, I suppose. Home runs, walks, strikeouts as a percentage of batters faced. Hm...

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
White kids fan shot

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Necronomicon posted:

For real the Tigers have yet to put a single ball on the ground this whole game so far.

VMart's balls drag on the ground all day long

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Holy crap, this at bat is taking forever.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nice AB, though.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

Necronomicon posted:

There's the :bunt: we've been waiting for!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
lol

after that monster at-bat Torii Hunter bunts out

the postseason of bunts

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
bench him. bench him now.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
You know when you do annoying women with shrill voices to be ironic it's still annoying.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008
Someone explain that bunt to me

E^^^^^^^^^ gently caress that commercial and I love judy Greer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Marketing New Brain posted:

Someone explain that bunt to me

Torii Hunter is a loving moron.