Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Im having tunnel trouble. My dogs are dropping flags reasonably regular but not in any specific area. Ive searched cell blocks and even ripped out every toilet and not found anything, so now I have some questions.

How often do dogs give false positives? If 4 or 5 flags have come up over a few days is there a chance theres no tunnels at all? Or do the flags also represent something else?

Does dismantling toilets automatically uncover tunnels or do you also need to search afterwards?

Do you need to dismantle showers and drains too?

Coz at this point im either not looking in the right place or my dogs are huffing all those discarded drugs found when people come in to my prison :catdrugs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Tenebrais posted:

If it's near, but not on, a major pipeline it's probably a false positive, same if it's on the other side of the prison from all your cells. If you think you're onto one, have dogs sniff around the area to see if more flags come up. If not, it's false.

Tunnels only ever come from toilets and dismantling the toilets will reveal the tunnels.

This is what got me. They were close to one of my main pipe lines, but also the opposite side to where Id expect a tunnel. Thanks for clearing up the toilet thing. Im guessing theyre false, but now...

GamingHyena posted:

False flags are common but easy to check. Just click on a dog and have him go over and confirm. If there's an actual tunnel you'll get a bunch of flags within seconds of each other. As of right now tunnels only come from toilets so if you've dismantled the toilets then you're fine.

... I will try this. Id not considered sending a dog back to double check it.

drat. Ive got like 160 hours played on this thing and still feel like a noob sometimes. Maybe I just dont read patch notes enough.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

I had this dude who was in my supermax permalockdown. poor fucker was always 25% starving. I watched my pigs run food into everyone EXCEPT him and started to assume this was some passive/aggressive behavior to cop killers or something. Anyway I got sick of him kicking off coz he was hungry so I did the old SIMS trick and walled him in till he died. The second I opened his tomb up a cop run in with a bowl of food before the corpse was even removed.

• Locked thread