Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Riot cops don't have time limits, but having them around increases the chance that inmates will kick off and start something, so generally you only want to bring them in when things have already gone to poo poo, and dismiss them once everyone is cuffed/suppressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

a worthy uhh posted:

There's variation in prisoners where you'll get some MedSec who are clearly violent and outbursty and belong in MaxSec, and some MaxSec who are pretty calm, so I think the prisoner's inherent behavior is independent of security level.

It's not totally independent in that their security level at intake represents how likely they are to be trouble. So if you only take in minsec prisoners, you might get a few violent ones, but most are going to be pretty calm. Maxsec on the other hand will have a much higher proportion of violent prisoners. The intake level basically represents what the justice system has evaluated their threat level to be before arrival - sometimes they're wrong, but the odds are still better that minsec and genpop prisoners will be less trouble than maxsec.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Are they connected in the right direction? The order you click on objects when connecting them matters. I'm not sure if CCTV cameras need to go camera->monitors or monitors->camera, but whatever you have now, try the opposite and see if it works.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Propaganda Hour posted:

You can FOIA the plans to them, no one cares. Good luck trying to break into a prison.

I know someone who managed to FOIA the floorplan to a mental institution while he was staying there. You can get floorplans to secure buildings without too much difficulty - I think that generally they won't actually help a whole lot if you were going to try to escape. If someone has been in prison for 10 years I'd think they'd already be pretty familiar with the layout.

Pigbuster posted:

I imagine one of the biggest barriers to emulating real buildings is that you only get one z-level to work with. Of all the potential features they could put in the game that one is the most exciting to me but i'm not surprised they're reluctant to tackle it.

I can see them not wanting to implement multiple Z levels from a playability perspective too. It's a lot easier to get an overall idea of your prison layout when you only have to look at flat map rather than switch between multiple floors. I've found whenever I play Dwarf Fortress I tend to stick mostly to one Z-level just because it's easier to plan everything out that way.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 9, 2014

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Away all Goats posted:

I do 'Search cell block' about once or twice a day on all my cell blocks at my prison and it definitely still reveals tunnels. Hard to tell if there's a percentage chance to discovering the tunnel or if it's always going to find it though.

The way it works is that dismantling a toilet will automatically reveal if there's a tunnel there. Searching the toilet has a chance to discover the tunnel, with the chance being MUCH higher if the tunnel is actively being dug when you search it (so it's best to do your cell checks at night). Regular checks will probably find all the tunnels anyway, especially since once you discover one, it will reveal all the other tunnels that have joined up to it.

What I'd like them to do is start adding more locations prisoners can start making tunnels, maybe have them go find an out of the way spot and start digging during free time rather than always at night.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yes - if you cancel lights after they've been purchased, then next time you build some (either manually or automatically as another foundation), your workers will use those rather than ordering more. So you might have a few lights sitting around in your storage, but they're never really "wasted".

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lichtenstein posted:

Actually, what's the reason not to keep drugs and luxuries flowing? As in, they make prisoners happier, but what's the actual risk?

I don't think there's any real risk with luxuries (although they could use them to trade for something more dangerous), but drugs make prisoners more violent/unpredictable. They also have the possibility of ODing.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How the hell do inmates tunnel into a large water pipe that should be full of water?

It's treating them in game as combination intake/outtake pipes, so the inmates are tunneling through the waste disposal pipes, like in Shawshank Redemption.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I think the toilet check not being a 100% success rate is just meant to kind of simulate prisoner ingenuity in concealing their escape routes. I mean it's not like they're actually going to be able to write AI that will genuinely come up with creative new ways to dig escape tunnels that will keep the player guessing, so this is the next best thing. Just imagine it's not literally ALWAYS behind the toilet - maybe it's behind a poster on the wall or a cleverly concealed false floor or something else that the guards haven't seen anyone do before and wouldn't think to check.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Three-Phase posted:

I've never had a prisoner set a fire before, I'm assuming that's an ultra-rare occurrence.

I haven't either. I think they need to have acquired a lighter first, which isn't something they go for aggressively and I think is only available from offices or brought in from outside.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ZobarStyl posted:

Maybe just put protective custody into a single holding cell at the center of all the other blocks. Less gauntlet, more Thunderdome.

Do protective custody prisoners fight each other? I'd think being the target of literally everyone else in the prison might make them avoid starting any poo poo just on principle.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Riot cops are kind of a middle ground between armed guards and normal ones. They don't have guns but they're super tough, and you order them around like an RTS unit. They were put in before armed guards when riots were first added to the game - they might have problems if your prisoners have gotten into the armory and armed themselves but otherwise they can usually go into a prisoner controlled part of the prison and clean up no problem (although I imagine the "one-hit-death-punch" prisoners might still give them problems).

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm fairly sure they don't. I don't have first hand experience, but I swear in this thread people have posted screenshots of prisoners that have served more time than they've been alive according to their age.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Unless I misunderstood what they were saying, the reoffending percentage is the final number the sim has assigned based on all the factors in your prison, so you can trust it to be a dice roll with that percentage.

Yeah from what the video said it seems that it's a straight up roll against that number as soon as they leave the prison to determine whether or not they reoffend.

Also one thing to bear in mind is that your parole limit is a LIMIT, not an exact chance to reoffend. Many paroled prisoners will likely have lower odds to reoffend than what you set as your limit; a limit of 30% doesn't mean that exactly 30% of prisoners you parole will reoffend, it just means that for every individual prisoner paroled, none of them will have a greater than 30% chance to reoffend. So your actual rate in practice will be lower than what you set as your limit.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
They may have smuggled them in at some point. Literally any item in the game can be smuggled in either on arrival or through the various channels like throwing over walls or visitation. Actually it tells you where it came from in the contraband view, right? That might be a good idea to check out if you've got prisoners running around with shotguns.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

hailthefish posted:

I have metal detectors at the entrance to every cellblock but that still doesn't catch everything. Sometimes they can run through and hide stuff before the guard arrives to search them, sometimes I think metal detectors just don't pick things up.

Metal detectors can fail - I don't think it's that they're making a random roll about whether or not to detect something, but rather every time they scan someone there's a small refresh period before it can fire again (this is by design - they mentioned it in one of the older alpha videos). So if you've got a lot of volume going through a single detector, like after lunch or something, it's not actually going to scan everyone. Setting up detectors in multiple places is usually your best bet since if they slip through one of them they'll most likely get caught at another.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Snitches and ex-cops seem to have a life expectancy of about a day in any prison that isn't entirely min-sec, if you don't get them into PC as soon as they're dropped off. I wish there was a way to flag certain traits to have the game warn you when someone shows up with them - ex-cop/snitch would be ones I'd want to immediately throw into PC, and ones like volatile/instigator I'd probably want to put into max sec if they aren't already, or supermax if they've got them in combination with other stuff.

I've got an informant in my current prison with 100% coverage, so every morning when new prisoners roll in I just activate him to have it reveal the reputations that aren't already known and try to sort them out before they get moved into gen pop.

I want to try to set up a really good prison one of these days that adequately segregates each security level. Right now I basically just have PC down in their own little side area, and everyone else mixed together in a huge cell block area that's split into 4 unsorted sections. The main problem I've had is that I can keep the trouble from the max sec population down by having armed guard patrols, but because so many people end up suppressed, nobody wants to take reform programs. If I drop the patrols though, I get 1-2 deaths per day because someone decides to start some poo poo in the showers or just before lunch or any of those other times where the danger level of the prison rises JUST enough to set off a few of the more violent prisoners.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
They've made prisoners a lot cleverer at tunneling than they used to be so it's hard to maintain zero escapes. Some new timer hints you might find helpful:

-The material in a tile affects how long it takes for a prisoner to dig through it; it takes longer for them to dig through a paved tile than a dirt/grass one, and perimeter walls are the absolute toughest for them to get through. On the other hand, tiles with large pipes in them are significantly EASIER for them to tunnel through, so you want to avoid running large pipes too close to your cells, or at the very least don't have them running to the exterior of your prison.

-Searching a toilet (they always tunnel starting from toilets) won't be guaranteed to reveal a tunnel being dug unless the prisoner is actually working on the tunnel right at that moment. I don't know what the success chance is exactly, but basically just because you don't find a tunnel doesn't mean there isn't one there. Dismantling a toilet will reveal tunnels as well, but that's generally more of a pain than it's worth.

-To keep prisoners from just bolting out the front door, put in a few layers of redundancy, like an airlock kind of system. One trick I learned early on is that you can build way more doors than you actually need, and just set most of them to be locked open. If you put your prison into lockdown, those doors will automatically slam shut and lock, creating way more obstacles for escaping prisoners (riot police will be able to open them to move through your prison, but not your guards, so bear that in mind), while still staying open most of the time so you don't bog down your prison with people stuck waiting at doors all the time. You do need at least ONE closed door between the prisoners and the outside, though, and two is better.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Absorbs Smaller Goons posted:

No wood door on cleaning, they get lots of contraband out of there (poison/sticks).

You can save a lot of money by putting wood doors on cell though. Just be sure to have guards nearby for when they start beating on it since they wont last long, but you only get one or two crazies that'll destroy their cell in 50 prisoners so it's not that bad (if you keep them relatively happy).

It just occurred to me - do prisoners on janitorial duty actually need to be able to get into the cleaning room? I've noticed that the prison keeps ordering more bleach so something must be using it up - but is it automatic, or do prisoners have to go in there and grab it before they can start cleaning?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'd like to see them try to tunnel to places other than just outside the prison. Prisoner's making tunnels into the armory to steal weapons or the security room to steal keys before attempting an escape would make a lot of sense.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you've narrowed down which specific cell it's in (just by where the flags are all going or because it couldn't logically be anywhere else), dismantling the toilet is guaranteed to reveal tunnels.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does that mean only when the prison is set to lockdown/bangup, or does it include prisoners who just have lockup scheduled 24/7? Because if the latter that makes my supermax setup a lot more interesting.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Angela Christine posted:

Is it possible to assign prisoners to particular cells? I'd probably want guys on permanent lockdown to have a shower and a TV to help keep their needs down. I guess I could just make anyone on permanent lockdown supermax, and give all the supermax guys bigger cells since they are the most likely to be locked down.

Or gently caress 'em and just use permanent solitary instead.

Yes you can - if you select a prisoner and right click on a cell it will assign that prisoner to the cell, even if someone is already in there (in that case the one that already has that cell will be moved to a different one).

*edit* one thing to bear in mind is that if the cell you assign them to doesn't match their current security level, it's NOT going to change their security level to compensate. I think what happens is that they just get immediately reassigned to a cell with the correct security designation, effectively ignoring where you said to send them.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Mar 28, 2015

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Do you have game overs disabled or do you have it carefully balanced so that the number of daily fatalities is under the limit for getting a warning? Because the latter might make an interesting challenge. Sure you'll let them kill each other, but not TOO much.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
When they have their sentence commuted, do they leave your prison or do they just get transferred to gen pop?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coolguye posted:

I think he's talking less about water exhaustion and more talking about 'the big pipes are too far away from the thing using the water'.

Yeah you can't actually "run out" of water at all, but the small pipes have a maximum range. I'm not sure what that amount is exactly because I've never actually hit it, but it's certainly low enough that you can't just use little pipes through your entire prison and expect everything to work.

Generally the way I lay things out is have big pipes surrounding the buildings and then running smaller pipes out from wherever the closest big pipe is. Sometimes I have a big pipe cutting through the middle of a big building, but you should generally try to avoid that because prisoners can tunnel through big pipe tiles much faster. You should also definitely avoid ever having your large pipes go outside the outside wall.

On the other hand, you could intentionally run a big pipe through your cell block. Prisoners will ALWAYS take the path of least resistance when tunneling so if there's a big obvious conduit like that, all the tunnels will route through it. This lets you put a dog patrol right on top of it so it'll very easily catch anyone making a tunnel.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 18, 2015

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ModestMuse posted:

Yeah, this really does change everything about prison design. You can dedicate less guard resources in the well-behaved area of your prison. Then have the troublemakers under constant suppression. If the trouble makers get out of their hell-hole, then they can finally start their rehabilitation unsuppressed. You could segregate it so the lowlifes wouldn't be able to attend classes or whatever. I'd have to completely re-think my prison layout to do it.

Does this mean we can no longer assign prisoners to cells like we used to? I would make pretty luxury cells for the legendary prisoners that I enacted the permanent lockdown on. Then I would assign them to the luxe cells with their own personal yard, etc to let them live out their sentence. It seems like now they would be reassigned once they pop off and destroy their cell. Maybe permanent lockdown disregards the new system?

I haven't tried it but I'm assuming you can still manually assign prisoners to cells like before - it's just that they might get moved out again if they're in a cell that's way under or over what they should be in, and someone else pops up they can swap with.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Security class is still a thing, so you can make the luxury cells zoned for supermax or max or whatever to do your permanent lockdown thing with, though you may have to zone your holding cell for something else in case your guards try to put them there.

There's also this. Security class will always trump cell quality for where your prisoners end up going. If you want your supermax all in luxury cells then you just make ALL the supermax cells luxury and they'll get put in there because there's nowhere else to go.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guy Axlerod posted:

I had a Legendary Prisoner on permanent lockdown in SuperMax beat an armed guard to death and steal his shotgun. He then managed to escape the cell block and get to the chapel, and shot the spiritual guide. I order my guys to go weapons free at this point, because what the gently caress are they waiting for? Then, an armed guard on his way to take over the patrol of the dead armed guard walks right by without stopping while the prisoner shoots a regular guard in the face. I get a couple of armed guards in place, and few more people end up critically injured before they manage to KO the prisoner. He managed to survive a few shotgun blasts and tasers.

I've upgraded his punishment to permanent solitary, hopefully this will contain him.

Clearly you need to set up some kind of "Thunderdome" area for prisoners like this. No guards, no staff, no civilians. Just a big holding cell with all the most dangerous prisoners and a single security camera to broadcast the footage.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

jerichojx posted:

So I just watched the A33 video and it seems at 300+ prisoners, they have zero slowdown.

At which level would you guys start having slowdown? Mine starts around 200 and becomes unplayable nearer 300 prisoners.

Is there anything I can get buttery smooth gameplay at 300-400 prisoners?

Mine runs well into 300+ prisoners with a fairly beefy CPU - something I have noticed is the game does still experience slowdown over time if you have a long play session. If you find it's starting to get sluggish, it can help to just save and quit. It should be running faster when you load it back up again.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

That's genius.

Yeah that's way better than what I was using them for. I might have to start doing this in my prison cells (although it does mean making them larger in order to fit the extra walls/door to the toilet. That's the tradeoff).

I tried to set up a sort of airlock system with my supermax canteen at one point using timers and remote doors so that staff and prisoners would never been in the room at the same time (they weren't really THAT high risk, it was more experimental than anything else). It didn't work very well, but I think a similar system COULD work for setting up my prison to allow protective custody prisoners to share facilities with genpop by staggering the times out a little and sealing off the path to one section or the other.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I find you can generally keep them together in canteens so long as you have a decent guard presence or make sure you feed them often enough that they aren't all nearly starving (and thus super pissed off) right when they all start heading into the canteen to eat. Showers you probably want to split up a bit, but it's not as important if you don't have a dedicated showering time (prisoners will shower during free time if they need to), since the showers generally won't be as packed and you won't be forcing prisoners to head in there that might have more urgent needs to take care of and thus won't have anything to do during shower time EXCEPT kick off.

Work and classrooms are usually safe since prisoners only tend to do them if they feel like they're well-treated anyway, so generally only your mellower prisoners will actually end up there (although be wary of prisoners with volatile reputation since they will cause trouble no matter how happy they are).

The main reason shankings happen, besides reputation based stuff like snitch/ex-cop or volatile, is because whenever you have a ton of prisoners gather in one place, it only takes one of them being in a bad mood (maybe because of something as simple as needing to pee really badly and being unable to in the current schedule) to cause an incident, since prisoners will be more likely to kick off if they're nearby a violent incident, which can snowball very easily into a full-blown riot. Thus your best bet is to actually make several different types of things available in areas where prisoners might be forced to go during certain times, like the yard or the canteen - putting tvs and phones in the canteen for instance lets prisoners satisfy their family and entertainment needs if they aren't hungry or finish eating early. You can put in little toilet cubicles in your shower and prisoners will be able to use them during shower time. That sort of thing.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

widespread posted:

God drat, must be a MaxSec weapon :v:

Also, how did you get your guys to be interested in General Ed? All I get is guys that pass Foundation Education but they leave/don't get interested in the next step up.

It's tricky because generally only max sec will actually be in your prison long enough to actually take it, and you probably have them more heavily guarded which will suppress them too much for them to actually want to take classes. You basically either have to loosen up your max sec security and move all the really dangerous inmates to supermax, or hope you get some gen pop with longer sentences that want to take classes.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

ModestMuse posted:

Typically "Legendary" prisoners are ultra-agressive and get in trouble all the time and I put them in SuperMax. Even there, you can put them in permanent lockdown.

Now, will "Legendary" gang members not cause as much trouble themselves since they don't get involved in the mess anymore?

They didn't address what happens when you change the class of gang leaders. His max wing only had the blue gang, and the medium security had both green and red. Since the leader primarily recruits new members, they can only recruit in their security class. Could you just separate your gangs to one in medium, one in max, and one in supermax?

This adds a crazy new layer to this game.

I was thinking you could just put your gang leaders all in supermax and keep it isolated from the rest of your prison similar to PC. It won't fully shut down gangs because there will still always be gang members coming in through intake, but it seems like it would prevent any new recruitment happening.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Guy Axlerod posted:

Can't you still left click on a prisoner, and then right click on a cell to assign them to that cell?

I think you can, but with the new system for cell quality, manually assigned prisoners are likely to get moved automatically again due to being reassigned to a higher/lower quality cell.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tenebrais posted:

I think it'd be cool if isolated gang leaders could send orders around through some form of contraband. It might be a bit more than the contraband system is built for, but it'd be atmospheric as hell. Judging by what they said in the demo video, real-life gang leaders are generally in pretty much constant solitary but they sneak messages out to their underlings.

Yeah that would be cool. I don't know how it would work either but something you see a lot in prison movies/TV shows is the old "messages written on toilet paper and smuggled to another part of the prison."

Actually something that probably would work would be if staff members could be subverted to do things for prisoners. It would require staff to be given more individual personality than they have now, but it would make a lot of sense if particularly corrupt guards could be bribed by gang leaders to pass notes from supermax to their lieutenants in gen pop, since guards generally move all over the prison and would be the perfect conduit.

I don't think it will happen since that would be a pretty fundamental change to how the game works so close to the official "release", but it would be a fairly natural way for gangs to communicate between isolated cell blocks.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Stairmaster posted:

How do I tell if a gang has a leader? The gang view doesn't seem to have any indicator.

Gang leaders are indicated with a triple circle around them. Lieutenants (which you won't get if you don't have a leader in your prison) are a double circle.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Coolguye posted:

I put TVs in the canteen. Works great for keeping people occupied after they finish eating.

On a somewhat related note, man does the spirituality need go down slowly. I've taken to putting prayer mats in the Yard in addition to having the Chapel and a few hours of free time every day, and I still routinely catch guys praying their entire yard allotment.

Also, I guess I didn't notice this, but prisoners now don't sleep unless the regime is Sleep, so my abuse of lockup times is a thing of the past. :(

Fortunately, turns out inmates really only need like 5 hours of sleep a night so I still have a hefty chunk of morning lockup time, which is nice for making people show up to chow in a passable mood.

One thing I find helpful is to put prayer mats right in people's cells. They can use them during lockup or sleep (if they aren't asleep), which is handy since they don't do a lot else during that time.

Also do you have spiritual guidance scheduled? I think that satisfies the spirituality need a lot better than inmates just using prayer mats on their own time.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

SkySteak posted:

I am having an issue with trying to get all Prisoners fed in time. Currently my canteen/kitchen is like this:

My problem is, is that the prisoners will pile in, stand still completely and then 15-30 minutes later decide to grab food. On top of that, cooks never go to the far side serving trays meaning people who go in that way either stand there or go all the way to the other side. I've made sure I have right amount of kitchen equipment and I do use prisoners to cook food. Is there anything more I can do?

How long is your eating time scheduled? I find it's a lot better to slot it in 2 hour chunks rather than 1 hour - it lets the stragglers get a meal in and gives the cooks more time to finish cooking up extra meals. Also if you put free time directly after meal time, anyone who is still eating will finish their meal before leaving rather than having to abandon it.

In general I find that one mega-canteen doesn't work very well though, for a bunch of reasons (not least of which is that gathering all your prisoners in a room at once is a great way to kick off a huge fight, especially when they've got unsatisfied needs like say, being hungry). You might find it works better to build a second canteen and let your prisoners divide themselves between them.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Splode posted:

GOD drat GANG MEMBERS GO TO YOUR PAROLE HEARINGS UGH

(at least, I think that's the problem)

Oh is that why all my death row inmates aren't going to their clemency hearings? I couldn't figure out what was going on there but all the people on death row in my prison are gang members right now so it's probably the same bug.

Seems like gangs are still a bit buggy in general. You can't modify the cell of a gang member (the same way you can't modify territory claimed by a gang) unless you move them out first, which is kind of annoying when I'm trying to upgrade a whole block of cells and a couple of them have gang members in them who apparently really hate the idea of being given a TV in their cell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I had a legendary with expert fighter a little while ago. Half the time he would disarm the armed guards and start shooting at them with their own shotguns.

• Locked thread