Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Are CCTV's bugged out at the moment? I'm getting messages that cameras aren't hooked up to Monitors and no-one is watching them when they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Discovering tunnels is a pain sometimes.
I know where the exits are going to be (I may of designed it in a way and I may of purposely posted Armed guards around the area they hop out) and I know where the tunnel is starting from, but Searching the room never finds it, I always have to pull the toilets actually undercover the tunnel.
I have my Min/Med sec on one side of the road, and when they escape (and get stunned) they go to the other side of the road to MaxSec where it's almost lawless and Snitches don't live for a day.
It's your fault for trying to escape buddy :colbert:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
So I'm trying to mod a bunch of things into the game but 95% of guides are poo poo or annoying YT poo poo.

Reform programs are easy to get in. But I'm stuck on two things:
1: Trying to add Contraband and new sprites for the Contraband.
-I can add things to the materials.txt but they never seem to show up. Even just renaming an entry doesn't make it different.
-Where are the sprites kept and how do I edit them?

2: Flooring tiles. I want loving carpet for my offices. And carpet for SupaMax showers.
-All I've figured out is I can add flooring types using materials.txt but I can't get any of my sprites to actually show up. I can say add a Blue Carpet, and if I punch in the grass x/y, it will look like grass. White tiles, same thing. But when I try to use mine, nothing or an error.

Croccers fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 9, 2014

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

nielsm posted:

I don't know much about modding PA, but I know that the game currently only supports one main spritesheet (the original one), and one add-on spritesheet, no way for mods to plug in multiple sheets and have them all work.
I have these on all at once with no issues.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

It'd be fantastic if they added in a 'pyromaniac' trait. After they add in sprinklers and fire extinguishers of course :ohdear:
They already have Sprinklers.
But I'd love Fire Extinguishers. An object you place on the wall that's under lock, guards using it if a fire breaks out nearby. But prisoners can break into it and steal it using it as a weapon/tool.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

I recruited an extremely tough guy once as a CI. He got jumped a couple times but obviously made it through each time. Although I think ideally you don't want your CIs getting discovered in the first place.
Right now the #1 thing I look for in a CI is length of stay. No point recruiting a guy who's only gonna be at your prison for like 3 days
I have an interesting prisoner. Extremely Tough, Deadly, Snitch and I think Ex Cop.
They'd start fights with him since he's a Snitch and he'd just one-hit kill them back :geno: I had to put him in Protective to protect the other prisoners.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

I would love if checking the toilet during cell searches was something I could research, and the workers had to do it still.
I like that idea. Give it an extra option on the toilet, the Guard pulls in a Worker but it takes a decent amount of time to search it so if you want to do a whole block you'll need a ton of guards and workers laying around. Or something.
Something that fixes the Remove Toilet, Refix it.
Does Cell ownership change when you remove the toilet since it breaks the room requirements?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Why Escape when you can basically Own the prison?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Met posted:

Got out of a random 5 star prison within 6 hours without drawing any attention to myself and I merely get 10 points.
Miami Architect

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

CapnAndy posted:

Today I learned:
  • The guards will come fetch you and haul your rear end back into your cell when it's sleep time
  • The only way to escape my prison is by sheer brute force, picking up a big enough running crew that you can rush the armory and grab shotguns and then killing an army on your way out

Yeah, I had way more victims than that. Here is my prison, I challenge you all to find any other way out.
But brute force is so easy:

Ran around for a bit trying to find poo poo at first and recruited some dudes. Once we found some gear we started to gently caress poo poo up.

With my super-badass rep I recruited a larger gang and made a push for it. Everything got kind of hosed up at the gate. While some ran straight for the escape, others hung around the gate fighting Guards.This causes a bunch of them to get tased but from the massive murderfest on the way out most of the Guards were still busy (or lack of them) that all but one recovered and ran off.

Here is Kallens murdering the poor Guard that was hanging around in his cell. Grabbed the keys and just ran off.

Pro Escape tip: Drill with Deadly is OP as gently caress.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I tend to build a fence far out so I have room to expand my buildings later.
I search any prisoner wandering all the way out to the fence and back :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

widespread posted:

Yeah, you're guaranteed at least one mom if you try for 20 prisoners.

Speaking of, are dorms just absolutely OP right now? I mean, you can squeeze a fuckload of prisoners in about the same space as a few cells sorta.

Plus the idea of prison being like a vocational school with on-campus living and a free tuition makes things weirder.
European prisons?

• Locked thread