Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
You know, I wonder how interesting a "public prison" option for the game would be. Where you don't get traditional profits, but a set budget for a month with actual requirements and the budget would never be quite enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I really hope this goon is a prisoner in the prison and not a guard. Would be really cool to imagine him using his computer or the communal computer inside the prison to playing prison games.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I have to admit though, playing PA from Prison as a prisoner would not be the most gooniest thing I have ever heard.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

The REAL Gtab Fan posted:

Man I wonder how those 5 people who dropped 1k on that feel 2 years later.

A thousand dollars is not the same for these people as it would be to me or you.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Make a patrol route in a circle near it.

Besides that, I wish there would be a way to have two man cells. It would be such a good idea for low sec guys.

Then again, I already run my nordic prison with hardwood floors and great amenities for most of the prisoners and they are happy as doves.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Solitary has little positive effects IRL, so it is fairly realistic.
The only upside of it is the immediate separation of an active danger.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Nah, sadly overall there are fairly little options for any type of modern prison with less cells, walks and poo poo.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
How does a unaccounted shotgun not cause an immediate facility-wide lockdown?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

GamingHyena posted:

I'm kind of glad that parole works so slowly. A prisoner that's likely to parole is also likely to be one that's (profitably) working in the workshop or at least not causing trouble. In fact, my ideal inmate is a nice prisoner who loves to work during his very very long sentence. An efficient parole system would result in a lot of workshop downtime as you had to certify new prisoners after your current workforce leaves. Plus, since usually only the decent prisoners are being paroled, inevitably your prison would fill up with rear end in a top hat inmates who were stuck doing their whole sentence (and couldn't/wouldn't work).

Today in "Why for-profit prisons might not be the the best thing". Stay tuned.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
I want detailed guards. I want them to be fired and hired from a limited pool. I also want them to arrive with trucks instead of just appearing. And to have biographies.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Hey now, plenty of countries have prisons where "free time" you can get out and stop by the corner store two blocks out.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
If there are solitary punishments in queue, but no solitary cell, they remain shackled.

This is the most common cause of permashackling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Are guards with personalities, hiring limits and possibly unions preventing mass firing or something gonna be a thing?

It'd be cool to have a guard that other guards hate but you can't fire right now and he gets into trouble all the time.

• Locked thread