Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 260 days!)

mookface posted:

ok maybe not that one very particular metric

Are we moving over to Clark Gable, or Bugs Bunny? Wait- Bugs was a crossdresser who was gender inspecific. Better check the MSDS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

BombiTheZombie posted:

i only watch black and white hammer horror movies on a mactop while sipping latte machiatto in the park

all of the hammer horror films were in color

bitch

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

all of the hammer horror films were in color

bitch

haha look at this scrub, doesnt even know about the b&w hammer horror movies

get on my hipster level

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Phrasing posted:

What's in the box?

Has anyone made that reference yet?

What's in the box.

a baby bird

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

1bpp is SOOO Mac (or CSHOW twenty years ago).

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Phrasing posted:

What's in the box?

Has anyone made that reference yet?

What's in the box.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmIAxahhH48

Lagrange
Apr 27, 2002

There are a lot of opinions in this thread and all of them are wrong.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
Spaghetti guy looked like a :btroll:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Every syllable out of Detective Morgan Freeman's mouth is crisp and measured; none of it is in a hurry to get anywhere. "Well I'm practically befuddled." Is he sarcastic or just calm? He stuffs his hands in his trench coat and leans back lazily. "What do you see here, boy?"

Jr. Detective Brad Pitt looks pained as he surveys the crime scene. "Well...it looks like the suspect took a poo poo--"

"A doo-doo," Freeman corrects him tersely.

"It looks like the suspect took a doo-doo...and then he started building a little train out of the...out of the doo-doo." Pitt waves a hand over the miniature "train" that is staged on the toilet seat like it's a tiny white porcelain track. He sighs heavily. "Hell if I know what it all means. A witness says the suspect had a camera with him...was periodically taking pictures of things."

"Like he was recording his progress." Detective Freeman maintains the faintest of smirks on his face as he packs a pipe with fragrant tobacco and calmly lights it. "Like he was making a step-by-step 'how-to' photo series. You recall any mention of doo-doo in that fancy Bible of yours?"

"No."

Freeman's voice is satin when he exhales and says, "Neither do I." He draws on the pipe some more. "Truth be told, this is a Godless man we're dealing with. That fancy leather-bound Bible with the gold trim won't do a lick of good out here." He lets out a distinct old man groan as he sits himself down on one of the toilets in a neighboring stall. "Gonna have to stake this one out, boy. Hopefully that...gay little phone of yours has a data plan and access to Pinterest, because I'd wager we'll start there."

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Xaris posted:

ahem.... kevin spacey???? i think seven wins here

Kevin spacey as THS's first gay positive character in film?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gary oldmans diary posted:

imdb has it as 8.7 i think its a solid 8
its the sort of movie where if someone likes it at all theyll jizz themselves when someone in earshot mentions theyve never seen it like they just remember how amazing it was (when they were 14 and had never seen a good movie before)
not as overrated as shawshank by a mile though

eh. i'd say it's a solid 8.5 but i digress. nobody really talks about it because it doesnt need to so i dont think its overrated really. your right though, i think people tend to jizz over themselves when they suddenly discover 80s/90s movies their parents wouldn't let them watch as a kid/born long after. like bladerunner, etc so drop a 10/10

shawshank lol. that is prolly the pinnacle of overhyped. that's p much the counting crows of movies.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

True story: This girl I was dating called the ending dead on...in the theatre, loudly enough that all the people directly surrounding us overheard and were audibly thanking "some stupid bitch" for ruining it on the way out.

I silently agreed with them.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

kevin spacey is cool but i will never truly respect him until he openly utters that two word phrase

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

THS posted:

kevin spacey is cool but i will never truly respect him until he openly utters that two word phrase

for some reason, i thought he already came out and said it, weird

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

THS posted:

I liked that scene in boondocks saints when Willem dafoe has to leave his lover who says 'aww I wanted to cuddle' and replies with something about him being such a fag. It's one of the best throwaway lines ever

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
these are all cogent criticisms however i present this rebuttal: i still somehow like it

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

Waltzing Along posted:

no it isn't. unless you are saying it is one of the 25 best films of all time or something stupid like that. but top 50, maybe. definitely top 100. in other words, it's a great film.

top 100. lol u got me rollin. :roflolmao:

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

logical phalluses posted:

top 100. lol u got me rollin. :roflolmao:

Hey now maybe top 100 of the modern era isn't too unbelievable the vast majority of movies are worse

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Quickscope420dad posted:

also Kevin Spacey makes any film automatically good

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

mookface posted:

Hey now maybe top 100 of the modern era isn't too unbelievable the vast majority of movies are worse

im willing to concede that but i guess it depends on how narrowly you restrict the definition of the modern era

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Why does everyone here hate Boondock Saints so much? It has some good scenes and it's pretty funny.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

im willing to concede that but i guess it depends on how narrowly you restrict the definition of the modern era

Its not precise but let's say 1970

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The Dregs posted:

Why does everyone here hate Boondock Saints so much? It has some good scenes and it's pretty funny.

Its funny and has some good scenes but its totally retarded

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well the era of "New Hollywood" is about 34-44 years old by this point, so I'd say it's the 80s-present if anything, since the "Blockbuster" model has far more in common with contemporary cinema that New Hollywood ever did.

Se7en is pretty drat good. It's a great example of competent directing elevating what's essentially cinema fast food into something memorable and distinct.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Dregs posted:

seven and boondock saints both practically have scenes where a character looks into the camera and explains to the dumber members of the audience the creators case for why it should be considered a deep movie

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

seven and boondock saints both practically have scenes where a character looks into the camera and explains to the dumber members of the audience the creators case for why it should be considered a deep movie

this is prob why theyre popular

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I love Seven, great movie. It's one of the few movies in the world where you leave the theater different from when you went into it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I love Seven, great movie. It's one of the few movies in the world where you leave the theater different from when you went into it.

same, just like serenity or blade 2

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

Didn't need to pee, and never spent :10bux: on popcorn before..

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
OP,

Please write this down and post it to me. 19 years ago when I gave a gently caress.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
"I have an opinion about a thing that the majority doesn't share. Guess I owned the plebs again," said the OP as he tipped his fedora at no one in particular.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
What do you guys think about Lucky Number S(upside down 7 that is replacing the letter L)evin? It is another movie with a 7 in the title.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
It's certainly no Buttercream Gang, but I thought it was a pretty good film OP. Easily one of David Fincher's top 20-30 films he's made.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i saw gone girl last night, it's a pos, dont see it

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Harrower posted:

What do you guys think about Lucky Number S(upside down 7 that is replacing the letter L)evin? It is another movie with a 7 in the title.

It's amateur hour, but 7 Pounds is great. It's usual Will Smith, shucking and jiving and dragging his little retarded son around by the hair while he harangues other races with unclear advice and nonsense. "Give up the rice and pick up the wheat," he says to an old Chinese man; "You wouldn't fall asleep with a stranger in the room, right?" he vaguely threatens a small white child. "You wouldn't close your eyes right now and let me watch you sleep, would you?" he presses.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Fight club has like 7 of these scenes. Now that I think about it, all 90s movies are garbage.

naem
May 29, 2011

It was a good movie and gwenneth is bonery

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Gwenyth Paltrow is an idiot-primadonna and the best part of the movie is what happened to her and the only tragedy in the entire universe is that it didn't actually happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Harrower posted:

it was actually really bad. i think someone made a big post about how bad it was in dnd and smg rushes to it's defense despite having not seen it in like 10 years and not remembering any of it

• Locked thread