Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

What is Phase Shift?
Phase Shift is a freeware rhythm game for PC, similar to the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.

Wait, don't we have Frets on Fire for that already?
The differential with Phase Shift is that it has online multiplayer, with the ability to create your own dedicated server, and features such as:
  • MIDI instrument support (so you can play with your drum kits, keyboard and the pro mode guitar for Rock Band 3)
  • Dance pad support
  • Comes with its own official career setlist complete with indie bands you've never heard of!
Vocals are unfortunately not supported yet as of this posting.

Screenshots:

(Some of these screenshots come from the main website and are not from the latest version of the game, so some things are different.)

:siren: Links: :siren:
Official site (download the game here)
IndieDB page
Game forum

Official career setlist (as of this post):
Inside Of Me - LukHash
Dropping Out Of School - Brad Sucks
Nightmare Night - WoodenToaster
Bad Sign - Brad Sucks
Fake It - Brad Sucks
Judgement (Blinded By Hate) - Attacking The Mind
Out Of It - Brad Sucks
Like a Dead Pixels - LukHash
Dirtbag - Brad Sucks
Pacing Energy - SoulEye
Haze - Attacking The Mind
Understood by Your Dad - Brad Sucks
Let Me In - On Corinthians
Positive Force - SoulEye
My Arrival, Orphanage - Obsidian Shell
H8 U - LukHash
Cybernetix Theme - Blair Zuppicich
Ancestry of All Evil - Mad Mav
Tears And Rain Overthrowing Blood - Lockdown
Pressure Cooker - SoulEye
The Phase Shifter - Puppetz
Devilish Death - DalekSam
Let It R.I.P. - Muldjord
Console War - DruoxTheShredder

I never played a game like this before. Are there any tutorials?
No, there isn't in fact. Phase Shift pretty much assumes you know how to play and that you have played these games before. It is in my opinion one of the negative points of the game. 

I don't have a plastic instrument to play. What do I do?
You can use your keyboard or another type of usb controller to play as well (although playing some instruments with a controller is ill-advised). You can use your normal PC keyboard to play with no problems. My recommendation if you are going to use the keyboard to play the guitar or bass is to play holding the keyboard like this:

But while seated. I'm serious. You won't even know the difference from the plastic guitar.

How do I do configure things?
Most stuff comes configured already, but if there is something else you wanna do, check out the readme at the game website. 

Can I support the project?
If you want to support the developers of this game, you can donate any amount to them with the donate button on the website.

Where can I find more songs to download?
You can find songs to download at the game forum, or at the Frets on Fire forum. You can also convert Frets on Fire songs to Phase Shift using EOF, the song charting tool.

Can I chart my own songs?
Yes, you need to use EOF to chart songs.

:rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread