Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
unlimited texts and 300 minutes or w/e. get on my level

also 50Mb/s

post ur pwnage phone plan or speedtest pictures itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
verizon wireless unlimited data supremacy

will bequeath it to my great grandchildren

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

tmo rules

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

this is bullshit btw i work for the phone company and they cant even give me unlimited wtf

Killer Space Bees
Sep 7, 2011

bobbilljim posted:

this is bullshit btw i work for the phone company and they cant even give me unlimited wtf

sorry 4 yr lots op

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

no one offers "unlimited" data plans at full speeds anymore, you'll get throttled if you abuse it

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/information/data_disclosure.html/

lmao at the idiots that go through massive hoops to try to preserve that poo poo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

also $30/month t-mobile plan 100 minutes/unlimited SMS (including international)/5 GB data at full LTE speed (then throttled but still unlimited) supremacy

t-mobile sucks donkey balls outside their lte footprint but lol if you live somewhere bumfuck enough where you can't get it

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

actually this thread is probably more about my plan getting limited because they said it will cut us off now if we go over the 4, instead of what happened before when it would just keep going.

not sure why i care though i never use even close to 4GB

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mishaq posted:

also $30/month t-mobile plan 100 minutes/unlimited SMS (including international)/5 GB data at full LTE speed (then throttled but still unlimited) supremacy

t-mobile sucks donkey balls outside their lte footprint but lol if you live somewhere bumfuck enough where you can't get it

agreed.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
also since the hangouts update, if u use google voice it does VOIP calling by default w/out using minutes. incoming and outbound. lmfao. suck it down carrier lords. google ftw

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer

bobbilljim posted:

actually this thread is probably more about my plan getting limited because they said it will cut us off now if we go over the 4, instead of what happened before when it would just keep going.

not sure why i care though i never use even close to 4GB

they dont care if you are on LTE though and there was a big thing about them starting the same throttling for unlimited user using LTE the same way they did for 3G but apparently they backed off from that

enjoy your completely unthrottled LTE

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

DaNzA posted:

they dont care if you are on LTE though and there was a big thing about them starting the same throttling for unlimited user using LTE the same way they did for 3G but apparently they backed off from that

enjoy your completely unthrottled LTE

ill enjoy it in the office when i should be working but i will stop enjoying it about half of the way home where i run out of 4g coverage ahahaah

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

lol u cant attach phone screen sized images what a forum

Fax Sender
Aug 11, 2013

kiss my ass
i have 3 gigs but i don't think i even use 1

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

lol i have 1 extra gb of "promotional data", thanks verizon

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

:nz: do u know echi and moo cows animals

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

yes we all share a fence

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

this checks out

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

oi donald come look at yer yard

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

mishaq posted:

is this something I can buy for 1 month at a time sporadically on a pre-pay sim?

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
go for cricket and you will get att's better lte coverage

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
tmobile is garbage. if you're poor just get cricket at least you get att's coverage.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i get better tmo reception in my metro area (los angeles california) than my girlk friend who has at&t even in malibu where nobdy gets service not even verizon && @ $30/mo on my exceptionally low salary lets just say it suits_my_needs

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

DNova posted:

is this something I can buy for 1 month at a time sporadically on a pre-pay sim?

yes/no, it's a prepaid plan but only applicable for new activation. if you go beyond however long they'll let you keep the account without refilling it you'll have to reactivate a new account from scratch online, and you need a fresh code from the prepaid kits which often cost money/can't just be purchased anywhere

Asymmetric POSTer fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 3, 2014

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
i've used tmobile in both the bay area and sacramento and i haven't had any problems with it. i dunno wtf cricket is besides a sport played in the commonwealth countries.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

DaNzA posted:

go for cricket and you will get att's better lte coverage

true, but cricket lte is throttled (although to a reasonable speed) even in your data bucket

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

yeah this. when i bought my 4S years ago the sales person at verizon told me that i should change my plan because getting the 4S would cancel my unlimited data, i said "really? okay ill change it later thanks" and yeh never happened

ill probably lose it if i ever get a lte phone

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

what plan?

e. oh spark lol giving the gigs away huh?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

NEVER STOP STARTING

never finish anything

spark. woo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

look at that shameful upload

t-mobile lte supremacy

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

bobbilljim posted:

lol u cant attach phone screen sized images what a forum

name change to 2000+ Asian women online please

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

name change to 2000+ Asian women online please

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
my greatest regret in life wll be only 1 asian woman and itw as a drunken ill perfomring one night stand

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

no one offers "unlimited" data plans at full speeds anymore, you'll get throttled if you abuse it

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/information/data_disclosure.html/

lmao at the idiots that go through massive hoops to try to preserve that poo poo

keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better or whatever, cause i guess you didn't bother to read the news 18 hours ago :smug:

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/02/technology/mobile/verizon-throttle/

Ericadia posted:

yeah this. when i bought my 4S years ago the sales person at verizon told me that i should change my plan because getting the 4S would cancel my unlimited data, i said "really? okay ill change it later thanks" and yeh never happened

ill probably lose it if i ever get a lte phone

that was a rumor when they first got rid of unlimited data. you can go to a 4g/lte phone and not lose unlimited. you just cannot sign a contract/subsidize your phone, meaning you gotta pay full price for your phone.

i went from a poo poo windows mobile 6.5 3g phone to a thunderbolt (4g) to a iphone 5s and never lost unlimited data. i had to buy all phones full price tho

if you jailbreak the iphone: unlimited LTE tethering :twisted:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
actually now that i think about it, i never bought a phone at full price; i have a family plan (just 2 lines, my wife and mine) and we got a 3rd line for $10 a month, and i get my phone upgrades on that line. $10 a month extra for unlimited verizon wireless 4g (unthrottled) with subsidized phones lmao :owned:

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i got 5GB and unlimited canadawide calling and texting for 49.50 a month, similar plans are over 100 in ontario, the plan i use is suppose to be exclusive to saskatchewan and manitoba so i told the person at the kiosk i work there a lot and got my saskatoon number waited until the next billing cycle and ported my ontario number, look at koodomobile.com and compare plans for ontario and saskatchewan

these results are on an iphone 6 except for the 60.24 which is the 5s i use now

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

i have unlimited download, op, but it never gets better than -80dbm if i ever get signal

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
i have 5gb / month, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

keep telling yourself that to make yourself feel better or whatever, cause i guess you didn't bother to read the news 18 hours ago :smug:

that is news to me, yep

quote:

if you jailbreak

lmao, xda forums are thataway buddy

still going through lots of hoops to preserve that poo poo for no other reason than autism/torrenting animes on your phone

Asymmetric POSTer fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 3, 2014

• Locked thread