Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

AT&T's off-contract mobile sharing is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

unlimited data unlimited texts and calling all for $60 :getin:

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

that is news to me, yep

lmao, xda forums are thataway buddy

still going through lots of hoops to preserve that poo poo for no other reason than autism/torrenting animes on your phone

"lots of hoops" = $10 a month for a 3rd line to get my phone upgrades on

$10 a month for unlimited data is worth it to me :shrug:

and ive literally never seen an anime; i go over 4 gb a month just listening to youtube on my commute

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
at&T gives me 10gb right now but i could bump that up to 30 gb for like an extra 20 a month, just no reason to since i hover around 2-3 gb usage normally unless im travelling

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

mishaq posted:

also $30/month t-mobile plan 100 minutes/unlimited SMS (including international)/5 GB data at full LTE speed (then throttled but still unlimited) supremacy

t-mobile sucks donkey balls outside their lte footprint but lol if you live somewhere bumfuck enough where you can't get it

my phone doesnt even have lte and their hspa+ is faster than other carriers lte where i live

Egan Yardley
Jun 11, 2010

i have a bit of shameful/not shaemful

shameful: i have t-mobile

not shameful: im grandfathered into unlimited data for $15 a month

suck it

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

and ive literally never seen an anime; i go over 4 gb a month just listening to youtube on my commute

*loads 20mb video and only listens to the 500kb audio track* god drat i guess i need unlimited data!!!!

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

you're maintaining a phantom 3rd line just so you can stream youtube music videos on your commute

then every time you upgrade you're going to verizon to have them swap phones and finagle maintaining your grandfathered plan

use a music streaming service that would use 1/4th the bandwidth instead, that'd the the same as the extra 10/month and you'd be less autistic

ive got 5 GB and I rarely exceed 1-2 GB a month and i stream music daily on my commute as well

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i barely remember this out of my drunken stupor but at this house party some dude ran over him data limit streaming pandora so he asks everyone WHO HAS A 4G PHONE and wouldnt let anyone plug their phone into the stereo unless they had 4g because i guess he thought 3g wasnt good enough for pandora??? it was like 2011 so nobody had a 4g phone.

probably had sprint. 1x or bust!!!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
i pay £15 for unlimited data and some minutes and texts or whatever

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
grandfathered into at&t unlimited data supremacy:

they even upgraded my plan to LTE when i upgraded to the iphone 6

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
4gb Verizon lte with hotspot.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

nigga crab pollock posted:

*loads 20mb video and only listens to the 500kb audio track* god drat i guess i need unlimited data!!!!

im listening to old radio shows or something similar, not music

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dirk Pitt posted:

4gb Verizon lte with hotspot.

How the gently caress do you only get 6 down on lteż

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

actually now that i think about it, i never bought a phone at full price; i have a family plan (just 2 lines, my wife and mine) and we got a 3rd line for $10 a month, and i get my phone upgrades on that line. $10 a month extra for unlimited verizon wireless 4g (unthrottled) with subsidized phones lmao :owned:

I got a Nexus 5 on Sprint's financing which was supposed to be like $12 a month or some poo poo but it's been almost a year and the charge has never showen up on my bill so I guess I got the phone for free??

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

indigi posted:

I got a Nexus 5 on Sprint's financing which was supposed to be like $12 a month or some poo poo but it's been almost a year and the charge has never showen up on my bill so I guess I got the phone for free??

that's the literal opposite of Verizon (where mysterious charges show up on your bill at any given moment)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Blue Train posted:

How the gently caress do you only get 6 down on lteż

lol if you don't have a basic understanding of cellular system capacity and think every user simultaneously gets peak theoretical speeds constantly

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lte is bogged down to poo poo in many metro areas and is mega fail, some times.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

that's the literal opposite of Verizon (where mysterious charges show up on your bill at any given moment)

this is why prepaid owns so hard, $30/month is $30/month (well, $32 after sales tax in my state). All the taxes like USF/911 etc are bundleded in and that's it

post-paid contracts end up inching $8-15+ per line after taxes and completely bullshit made up fees they're not required to disclose the details of until after you sign up because there's no regulatory backbone to make them

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

one reason why t-mobile's LTE currently is the best in major metros is because everyone is on Verizon/att and bogging that poo poo down

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
still on the old sprint SERO plan, got unlimited everything except minutes for cheapsies and lol who uses a phone to talk to people

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Smythe posted:

I disabled LTE because it ate my battery and also the constant hunting between LTE and 3G really bugged me

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

rotor posted:

I disabled LTE because it ate my battery and also the constant hunting between LTE and 3G really bugged me

your phone choices confuse + unnerve me

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Squinty Applebottom posted:

your phone choices confuse + unnerve me

sprint is literally a joke of a company, please switch to anyone else rotor

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

rotor posted:

lol who uses a phone to talk to people

sounds like u might be a candidate for an iphone mega op

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

rotor posted:

still on the old sprint SERO plan, got unlimited everything except minutes for cheapsies and lol who uses a phone to talk to people

Old SERO had unlimited minutes...

I recently finally canceled mine because it really didn't make sense to keep it going since I'm not in the US much anymore. I had it for so long!

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cool

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mishaq posted:

sprint is literally a joke of a company, please switch to anyone else rotor

it's hella suitin my needs right now but thanks

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

rotor posted:

it's hella suitin my needs right now but thanks

i worked for the company that supplies quite a bit of their network infrastructure, all the graybeards would make fun of how hilariously poorly run their poo poo is

also if you're not even using their lte (which runs at half the spectrum of everyone else, but at least is more recently upgraded), jesus just why?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

the only thing I hate about Sprint is sometimes they send me a bill reminder text the day it's due instead of a day or two before and I wind up paying my bill l8

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

sounds like hell

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's annoying I'm not gonna lie

weed cat
Dec 23, 2010

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:
i've never hit the 1.3gb warning in a month how do you use that much data

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

motha

fuckin

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

this is why prepaid owns so hard, $30/month is $30/month (well, $32 after sales tax in my state). All the taxes like USF/911 etc are bundleded in and that's it

post-paid contracts end up inching $8-15+ per line after taxes and completely bullshit made up fees they're not required to disclose the details of until after you sign up because there's no regulatory backbone to make them

is there a tmobile phone that can use vz towers if i am in a jam in bumbfuck alabama?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

is there a tmobile phone that can use vz towers if i am in a jam in bumbfuck alabama?

t-mobile roams with at&t (voice/sms only) in rural bumfuck nowhere if you can't get a signal

however quite a bit of rural bumfuck nowhere is covered with t-mobile 2g and it sucks balls for data

if you don't live in a major metro don't get t-mobile, full stop.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mishaq posted:

t-mobile roams with at&t (voice/sms only) in rural bumfuck nowhere if you can't get a signal

kool thanks

PS. Love the cabin
Dec 30, 2011
Bee Lincoln
most of these are a fluke lol
90% of the time its 4/1

i pay $80 per month and only get 1gb
bellol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mishaq posted:

i worked for the company that supplies quite a bit of their network infrastructure, all the graybeards would make fun of how hilariously poorly run their poo poo is

also if you're not even using their lte (which runs at half the spectrum of everyone else, but at least is more recently upgraded), jesus just why?

because if I enable lte I get like half the battery life I do otherwise, and if I get out of lte coverage, which is a lot of places downtown, renegotiating to 3G fucks up my poo poo and puts a ton of latency into requests

• Locked thread