Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I beat Classic with Zelda and I'm going again with Palutena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The announcer pronounces "metal" like someone scared him part way through.

e. Oh my God, the Magicant stage is the best stage in the series. Killing a Flying Man leaves a tombstone behind every time.

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 3, 2014

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Someone tell me how HRH King Dedede plays

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Well, it's awkward after playing the demo for like 20 hours and determining yeah, I don't really like the placement of the attack buttons, I'm going to put attack on B and special on Y when I get the game.

But of course from playing the demo for 20 hours I am now used to the default controls and after setting the controls I keep messing up and jumping when I mean to smash and doing aerials when I mean to recover. Awkward.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What sin have I committed such that I start at 30% every life in multiplayer matches?

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Beat Classic with Link and unlocked Ness, game owns. Anyone know how to give yourself more lives in Classic? 2 seems like a weird default if it's not the only choice.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

LordHippoman posted:

Beat Classic with Link and unlocked Ness, game owns. Anyone know how to give yourself more lives in Classic? 2 seems like a weird default if it's not the only choice.

classic mode is now "you get two lives per match every time" no stock options. If you lose one you gain it back for the next stage, meaning defeat is 2 deaths in any one stage. Otherwise, lives are infinite.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

Lemming posted:

What sin have I committed such that I start at 30% every life in multiplayer matches?

It's some sort of custom equipment:

quote:

Trade-off Attacker: 1.15x attack power from the start of the match...as well as 30% damage.
Trade-off Defender: Start the match with 30% damage, but take only 0.8x damage from attacks.
Trade-off Speedster: 1.3x speed from the start of the match...as well as 30% damage.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So I just snatched one of the giant finger missiles Master Hand shoots at you, put it in my pocket, and then threw it back at him.

I did the Shrunk Shuffle as he died.

Game is good.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Just seeing the way Megaman holds a grabbed character is worth every penny of this game to me. Also Shulk is loving awesome.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Is there a spreadsheet for friend codes like the one JordanKai made for NNIDs, or is there a thread for that?

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

falconry
Oct 9, 2012
Pink Donkey Kong is great in For Fun mode because you essentially paint a large target for yourself, but that just means you get to Smash more pitiful fool's heads in. Played and won 3 games in a row with this fruity ape.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I heard those coins that were in the demo can be used in the game? Do I gotta do a thing for that or is it automatic

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Geight posted:

I heard those coins that were in the demo can be used in the game? Do I gotta do a thing for that or is it automatic

It's automatic, and only 500 transfer over, so if you farmed them, welp.

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007
This game kicks rear end. Played with my friends for 2 hours straight after spending forever picking up our copies.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
So is there any way to make both L and R buttons shield instead of being stuck with grab on one of them? If not then good lord am I going to have to do even more adjusting for the controls than I thought.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Pretty sure its stuck like that, I don't mind it but I agree the customization options for controls in this game are super weak, you cant even make the + pad easy smashes like the C stick was.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Wait, Smash Run is local only? That's...weird.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
Oh god the gannon buffs.
After any side B grab you get a free down tilt, at low % you get a free standing A after that. Hes just so much better I cant find the words.

Foran
Apr 19, 2008

Garry's Mod is an Art
Using a hitler mii fighter is the pinnacle of class.

Damone
May 3, 2009
Greninja is just confusing everybody online so far. His final smash is hilarious though.

musicshemale
Jan 28, 2012
Little Mac is so much fun.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
How is the online?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

How is the online?

So far a mixed bag, I had a FFA battle that was decent, but I'm playing 1v1 and it's utter poo poo. I'm assuing the guy is in Guam or something.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Sire Oblivion posted:

So far a mixed bag, I had a FFA battle that was decent, but I'm playing 1v1 and it's utter poo poo. I'm assuing the guy is in Guam or something.

This makes me sad. Thanks for the info all the same.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
Do you have to play against humans to unlock characters or can you just fight AI and jump off as the match starts? Great game so far, btw. Mega Man and Little Mac are great!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zorglorfian posted:

Do you have to play against humans to unlock characters or can you just fight AI and jump off as the match starts? Great game so far, btw. Mega Man and Little Mac are great!

You can just kill yourself.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Waka waka waka Pac-Man owns.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

You can just kill yourself.
i think that gets you banned

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I noticed the 3ds XL Smash Edition comes with smash pre-installed, how does that work with system transfers? How is it connected to your Nintendo account?
Surely, there's a way to get ALL my games over to the Smash 3ds XL without overwriting it, right?

I have no idea how this stuff works :ohdear:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Pegged Lamb posted:

Someone tell me how HRH King Dedede plays
Maybe I haven't put enough time in or I'm just bad at the game, but I used to play Dedede all the time in Brawl and he seems way slower and worse in this game.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I had to change Attack to Y and Special to X. It was really disorienting playing with the default setting, I just couldn't get a handle on it. Doing better now, though I'm realizing it's been too long since I've played Smash.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Your Computer posted:

I noticed the 3ds XL Smash Edition comes with smash pre-installed, how does that work with system transfers? How is it connected to your Nintendo account?
Surely, there's a way to get ALL my games over to the Smash 3ds XL without overwriting it, right?

I have no idea how this stuff works :ohdear:

The receiving 3DS just gets whatever the other 3DS had I think.

And no, nothing is tied to your Nintendo Network ID. lol

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

How is the online?

I had a connection error my first go but after that I was in back to back matches for like 4-5 matches. About the same experience with Mario Kart 8 in my opinion.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I love Duck Hunt. Psyching people out with the can once they realize I'm not gonna stop using it or loving up their recoveries is never gonna get old.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
I kind of love punch mii fighter, dressing up as a kungfu vampire is super rad

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Been playing the game since yesterday, it owns.

Robin is my favorite newcomer so far, or at least the one I'm best with.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Beat classic on 8.5 with Bowser, can't get 9.0 though. That drat sword form the boss has is brutal. Getting to the boss is still extremely easy on 9, though, unless you get something like Giant Pacman on his stage which is just stupidly hard to KO him on.

So far I think my best characters are Little Mac, Robin, and Lucario. Toon Link is also pretty good because he hits a lot harder than I remember him hitting. Little Mac just seems... not fair, though. He almost hits too hard for his weight/speed. Though his recovery seems a bit hit or miss even though he does have the horizontal recovery as well as the vertical one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
just got the king k. rool trophy

am i doing this right

god dammit this game is fantastic

• Locked thread