Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

Iunno if it's his reach exactly, but his multihit moves like his tornado, drill, and neutral a seem to actually keep people in them. His drill especially seemed to have a nasty habit of people dropping out of it midmove before the patch.

Character moveset files are byte-for-byte the same, meaning no character specific balance changes. There's still the theory floating around that global mechanics like DI are tweaked, and that would effect multihit moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

tbp posted:

Send me the code to play you I'd like to play some people that arent totally faceless from the internet

2320-6228-7148

I need yours too

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Man I feel bad for that Little Mac

2 stocked in 16 seconds

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Endorph posted:

Iunno if it's his reach exactly, but his multihit moves like his tornado, drill, and neutral a seem to actually keep people in them. His drill especially seemed to have a nasty habit of people dropping out of it midmove before the patch.
As far as I can tell all his moves are exactly the same

DoctorWhat posted:

Why the heck not? Get that sorted out, mang - eventually there'll be patches that ACTUALLY have balance changes, and you won't be able to do multiplayer AT ALL.
If I have the wifi switched on it crashes after about 10 seconds, black error screen. It was a slow degradation of the wifi just getting worse and worse, I was hoping it would still work by the time the new3DS came out so I could system transfer, now my plan is to send my busted XL away for a new wifi chip or whatever after buying the new one

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I've got like 36 miis now and I am going to smash some bros with the latest ones

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Man I feel bad for that Little Mac

2 stocked in 16 seconds

Never feel pity for a Little Mac, only scorn

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

.TakaM posted:

If I have the wifi switched on it crashes after about 10 seconds, black error screen. It was a slow degradation of the wifi just getting worse and worse, I was hoping it would still work by the time the new3DS came out so I could system transfer, now my plan is to send my busted XL away for a new wifi chip or whatever after buying the new one

e: Whoops I can't read. How did that even happen? Did you drop your 3DS or something, or did the WiFi just randomly stop working?

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
Today in 1v1 online I was matchmade against someone with the same name, character, and color palette. I then got a never ending load screen. Did the game try to pair me against myself :psyduck:

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Am I the only one who doesn't see Little Mac that much? If anything, it seems Little Mac has started to fall out of favor with Sheik, Yoshi, and Greninja showing up the most frequently (with honorable mentions to Lucina and Ness).

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive
I don't, but then I'm the one using Little Mac. I usually never see ditto matches.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
I have never seen Diddy and I routinely forget Diddy Kong is in this video game.

I don't think I've ever even seen him in single player anywhere.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Liquid Penguins posted:

Today in 1v1 online I was matchmade against someone with the same name, character, and color palette. I then got a never ending load screen. Did the game try to pair me against myself :psyduck:
To smash, you must first smash yourself.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I have never seen Diddy and I routinely forget Diddy Kong is in this video game.

I don't think I've ever even seen him in single player anywhere.
motherfucker

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Diddy Kong is fun because aside from the peanut gun and the jet pack he plays like if you were a real live monkey

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Also his side B rules

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Well I found the easiest way to beat 9.0 intensity.

Use Ganondorf with customs on, equipped him with one more power in a crisis badge and two more that equal to 100+ attack
For his specials grab the long reaching up B and the side B that doesn't grab the opponent.

Enjoy punching everything to death.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I <3 my shield breaker

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Well I definitely feel a lot stupider and now more informed not to make assumptions so thanks for that guys.

I'm just gonna go back to Smash Run and enjoy seeing Kremlings again. :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What high score do people have in Cruel Smash? I have 0 :(

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

8 thanks to Lucinas countering.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Hedrigall posted:

7 through the Kirby trick.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Reiley posted:

Diddy Kong is fun because aside from the peanut gun and the jet pack he plays like if you were a real live monkey

Nahxela posted:

Also his side B rules

Yeah diddy owns. I played one on for glory once that was really good at picking up his banana and throwing it at me in close range setting me up to get hit with his forward smash. I didn't like that one bit tbh, but his air game is really good and fun, and he's a goddamn cool little monkey guy.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

2 and as far as I'm concerned that's all I'll ever loving need

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Yeah diddy owns. I played one on for glory once that was really good at picking up his banana and throwing it at me in close range setting me up to get hit with his forward smash. I didn't like that one bit tbh, but his air game is really good and fun, and he's a goddamn cool little monkey guy.

I think a lot of attacks actually cancel the banana out, like Lucina's forward tilt

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Hedrigall posted:

11 because I felt it with Shulk.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Hedrigall posted:

10 with the Kirby trick. There's even a milestone for it

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
4 by bouncing Gordos off their faces and camping the edge.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

2 and as far as I'm concerned that's all I'll ever loving need

There's a challenge for 4. :shobon: I've got 11 through the Kirby trick as well, it took some trials but it becomes easy eventually.

Also that comic is awesome.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Heh, Ian Samson/Tran4of3 draws rather distinctive faces. Also, has sense of humor I quite enjoy.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Eating up Little Mac, jumping off the stage and spitting him out never gets old. My For Glory win rate has inflated solely because of that.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

MohShuvuu posted:

Eating up Little Mac

"Beat up Martin"?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

jivjov posted:

So what are the odds that every single PotD from now til the Wii U release is going to be either Menus or Alt Colors?

EDIT:

EDIT DOS: Due to being called an assjack, I am now obligated to tell you that I know the guy who made that gif. And he's a goon and has a tumblr and poo poo.

Holy poo poo his gifs are gonna give me a seizure. Worth it for disco Charizard.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
To any who care:

Friend Code: 5241-3172-5017

In the Midwest, if that matters.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Wii U version is barely 3 weeks away. I wonder if I'll have to unlock this guy again.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Evil Eagle posted:

The Wii U version is barely 3 weeks away. I wonder if I'll have to unlock this guy again.

I seem to remember hearing that the character unlocks would be shared between versions.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Evil Eagle posted:

You will.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Yessssss. Although it did actually take me a second to realize that it was Samus in Peach's dress and not just a slightly annoyed Peach with different hair and face and uh. Anyways, this picture reminds me that I want another Metroid Prime game. And another Mega Man game. Damnit, why must I love franchises with horrifically infrequent releases? :qq:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Jigglypuff, Ness, Ganondorf, and Bowser Jr. are awailable at the beginning on the Wii U version. All other unlockable character needs to be unlocked again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Evil Eagle posted:

Yeah, I think that once you've unlocked the character you can transfer over your collection of equipment and custom moves for him, but you still have to re-do the actual unlock. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the conditions were different, too, given the new game modes and stuff.

• Locked thread