Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Andy and Lucy's kid would be the most punchable person in the world and/or just like Audrey's brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I'm looking forward to endless oblique references to crazy poo poo that happened in the last 25 years that's never fully explained like "That one time 10 years ago the pale horse was in the hospital" or "The Owl Wars".

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Junkfist posted:

I'm looking forward to endless oblique references to crazy poo poo that happened in the last 25 years that's never fully explained like "That one time 10 years ago the pale horse was in the hospital" or "The Owl Wars".

i'm waiting for internet nerds to speculate on this poo poo endlessly in the Twin Peaks Wiki and generate an entire EU that ties in david lynch's other work

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Twin Peakipedia posted:

Breasts were the mammary glands of mammalian species and some supernatural entities, and were normally a distinguishing feature of the female of the species. Males did have breasts, but they were far less developed than their female counterparts due to the sexual dimorphism.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
wait , how are they going to hold tension now that everyone has a cell phone and internet and it's not a small isolated community any more?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

TOILETLORD posted:

wait , how are they going to hold tension now that everyone has a cell phone and internet and it's not a small isolated community any more?

coverage in the area of the black lodge is really spotty

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
also bet town is 5 times bigger now and has less than half the trees they'll have to call it single peak.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

TOILETLORD posted:

also bet town is 5 times bigger now and has less than half the trees they'll have to call it single peak.

mountaintop removal mining has taken its toll on the depressed town of twin peaks, wa

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

there will be a storyline where shelley had a single mastectomy, poetically echoing the scarred landscape

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the entire town is dead and desolate, possibly replaced with a car park or fracking site. dead like.......... the american dream

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

wikipedia posted:

Creators David Lynch and Mark Frost assigned no episode titles, only episode numbers. When the series aired in Germany, titles were assigned, which were then translated to English. The episodes are untitled on the DVD sets, but the titled episodes appear on the official Twin Peaks CBS website when streaming the episodes.[34] Episode 2, known as "Zen, or the Skill to Catch a Killer" is also known as "Zen and the Art of Killer-Catching". When the last two episodes aired in Germany, they were aired as a single broadcast, with only the last episode being assigned a title. Fans then decided to title the episode "Miss Twin Peaks", which is what it is titled on the CBS website. When the second-to-last episode was re-run in 1996, it was assigned a title, which translated to "The Night of the Decision".[35][36]

why was I unaware of these vicious arbitrary non-canonical episode title battles between Twin Peaks "fans" and Germany, this poo poo looks world-changing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

did any of yas get the blu-rays that just came out? the show looks sweet as gently caress. shooting on film :whatup:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Howard Beale posted:

why was I unaware of these vicious arbitrary non-canonical episode title battles between Twin Peaks "fans" and Germany, this poo poo looks world-changing

IN

SANE

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DZqGz_krNY

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
The sequels are not what they seem.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

TOILETLORD posted:

Presumably large department store, huge hotel, big and fully staffed saw mill, big hospital. The only thing small about Twin Peaks were Dick Tramaine's heart, Andy's brain and Bryson's homornally shrunken troon cock.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Sizone posted:

Presumably large department store, huge hotel, big and fully staffed saw mill, big hospital. The only thing small about Twin Peaks were Dick Tramaine's heart, Andy's brain and Bryson's homornally shrunken troon cock.

Nice.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

TOILETLORD posted:

one tree hill

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AwwJeah posted:

yeah so like I think 40% of the show is boring teenage soap opera garbage. guess you could say I don't "get" Twin Peaks

David Lynch has a neat voice that I like tho

no you got it, but that's what makes it awesome. it's a soap opera with a loving demon.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Netflix got confused while subtitling this song about halfway season 2

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
If you don't like Twin Peaks you might want to join butthouse boys. There's an honorary badge involved.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Has anyone ever made a gif of leyland sobbing on laura's coffin as a glitches out? And if not why not that was like the funniest scene in the show

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
there's a gif of shelly re-enacting the moment with hand gestures for her customers

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Sizone posted:

there's a gif of shelly re-enacting the moment with hand gestures for her customers

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Where's my shirt Shelley!?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Why didn't Leo beat up Shelley when he found out that she had "lost" his shirt? It was out of character for him. Leo knew how important that shirt was.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

edit: Also Shelly's awesome. They could have made a spin-off show that was just Shelly and Bobby going around being dicks to people, and in Dukes of Hazzard style they're always running from Leo.

i'll take it .. for now

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
when i finish here ill be checkin into a motel im sure the sheriff here can recommend a clean place, reasonably priced. thats what I need: clean place, reeeeesonably priced.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
when i finish here ill be checkin into a motel im sure the sheriff here can recommend a clean place, reasonably priced. thats what I need: clean place, reeeeesonably priced.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXrjMaVoTy0

edit oh poo poo this was totally the wrong thread sorry for necro.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

SnowblindFatal posted:

Why didn't Leo beat up Shelley when he found out that she had "lost" his shirt? It was out of character for him. Leo knew how important that shirt was.

SOAP IN A SOCK. He beat her mercilessly, as one should do to ones wives when they misplace your incriminating, blood soaked clothing.

Baloogan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXrjMaVoTy0

edit oh poo poo this was totally the wrong thread sorry for necro.

twin peaks/dale cooper thread singularity

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

AwwJeah posted:

yeah so like I think 40% of the show is boring teenage soap opera garbage. guess you could say I don't "get" Twin Peaks

David Lynch has a neat voice that I like tho

yeah, the second season is not too great.

however if the new show if anything like season 1 or the movie, sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
I like to think that the soap opera stuff in Twin Peaks is so over the top ridiculous, that it's just irony.

• Locked thread