Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Quick tip to maybe get a few more wins by punching above your weight class in the Colosseum: I'm currently using the 2* Amaranth that drops from the Rainlover event. She's got a heal skill that uses 2 bars of spirit and does a 50% heal to your entire team, 35% if it's the second time you've used it in the match. It's given me enough of an edge to grind down tougher matches and I'd say it's let me win 2 more games than I would have been able to.

Moving on I'll definitely need a better player as she falls behind the 4* and 5* attackers, but she works for now while I only have a single 5*.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dont discount 2* players because. You can find a lot of them and give tem massive skill boosts, plus they are far faster to level to 50 and evolve.

Also gently caress you game why you gotta evolve a character to have bare anime tiddys

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Speaking of Amaranth, does anyone know of other players with a heal ability?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

3* light Revito has it.

Anong other things.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
3* fire Lina has it too.

4* green Mira has a skill that restores team hp & (self?) action.

ZephroDyne
Feb 14, 2007

(*ΦωΦ) <I am nekocat
This game is pretty drat Anime.
With that said, I got a... goalkeeper for my welfare 5* summon. Kinda bummed.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
On the other hand that is one slot you will probably never have to worry or think about again.

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006
Tried this out yesterday, and I would say the OP probably understates the level of creepiness a bit, though it seems like a solid enough game that I'm going to give it a chance.

With that said, the actual game mechanics are interesting, and they seem pretty liberal with the premium currency at least early on. On the other hand, I wasn't able to figure out a way to wipe my account and reroll as is customary in these types of games, so I ended up with nothing better than a 4-star and a 3-star for my first two free draws. I then spent my 5 premium tickets and managed to get a green 5-star that I figure I'll try to build a team around.

Are mono-color teams a thing in this game? Seems like they would be based on the way you can control which colors you draw and how the 5-star players seem to have ace abilities that boost a particular attribute of team mates of the same color.

If so, and there's a way to reroll your account, I would guess the optimal starting strategy to maximize the free premium currency you get would be to reroll until you get at least one or two 5-star players in your opening free draws (initial draws plus 5 premium tickets), then spend your first 300 crystals on an 11-draw for a color corresponding to your 5-star draw.

Anyone know how to wipe an account back to the tutorial, or if its even possible?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

You could do a mono-color team, but I'm of the opinion that going for higher draw rates of 4* and 5* players is better than focusing on one color. Just set your ace skill to complement your striker, since it'll be your MVP.

Haven't found a way to reroll accounts, though. Best you could do is take the 3 accounts they let you make on HIVE plus the one Guest account per device.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Plus its not like one 5* player will make or break a team. They help but having a strong overall team that works well with each other and your playstyle is what gets you through. Sometimes this means taking 2 or 3* players because they have great skills that help out the entire row. My current midfield is built around an evolved 2* that has insanely high penetration from superb ups and skill boosts.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

NJ Deac posted:

I would say the OP probably understates the level of creepiness a bit

I figured the fact that it warranted a warning in the first place stated it enough. :v:

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Man, having Kalkrish in my lineup as a second striker with Noa is such a godsend in PvP. I know he's not a great striker, comparatively speaking, but a 4* striker with superb powerups is a hell of a lot better than a max level 3*.

Edit: Quick tip regarding the broken AI in PvP, btw. If you have anyone with more Dribble than your striker, an Assister will use their Pass skill to throw it to the Dribbler, who will then see what he's got and probably pass it again, wasting the awesome Pass bonus. This hurt me for a while with 4* Tod and 5* Hildegard taking precedence on Pass skill targetting over Noa, then not wanting to do anything except pass it away because their HP was too low and they don't have a Shot skill.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Oct 16, 2014

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006
A week in and as far as f2p Japanese/Korean time waster skinner box apps go, I'm enjoying this game more than either Tera Battle or PAD (though if they improve the unit sliding mechanics a bit in Tera Battle that might change). I like how they're generous enough with the premium currency, free draws, and stamina refresh that there's always some way to advance every time you open the app. The collection mechanics are also a bit more satisfying than Tera Battle, though enough of the cards are cringe-worthy to the point where you need to make sure your phone is facing towards you if you're playing in a public place.

I've got a 6* fire striker (Bora) up as leader, though I'll probably change at some point to a leader that boosts all attributes instead of just fire, if anyone else is still playing this game. My in-game name is Lorrac

A few tips that weren't immediately obvious to me but that I found helpful:

- Buffers/debuffers (anyone with a skill that reads "increases/decreases stat X within the position") are really useful. The optimal front line is something like debuffer/passer/striker. Advance the ball to the front with two bars of spirit built up, then get the ball to your passer. Use the passer's skill (usually a % boost to pass effect and some secondary effect) to pass the ball to your striker, and then use the striker's shoot skill so that you get the pass effect bonus added to the shoot skill bonus.

- When you select a friend leader, they default to their preferred line. However, you can drag them left/right on that line. This allows you to make sure you keep your attackers/strikers on the wings if you select a friend who defaults to forward or midfield. Always keep your strikers on the wings, because that way their shots are only going up against the goalie and the wing defender.

- Littres are super-important since they're the easiest way to superb power-up 4* players. 3* Littres can be used to power up a 4* player, and 5* littres work for 5* players and up. Each level of superb power up gives the card a 10% stat boost and bonus skill points, so it's a pretty substantial performance boost. Once you fully superb a 4-star player and evolve them to 5*, you can use a 5* neris to get a guaranteed 5* player. So far it seems 5* neris are much easier to acquire than littres, so I wouldn't bother spending any GP on neris, but I'd definitely grab any littres that show up in scout.

- GP (the currency you get from the colosseum and PVP) is more valuable and difficult to acquire than crystals. It allows you to purchase players from scouting, which allows you to select exactly which players you want to purchase. With enough patience and time spent refreshing scout, you can acquire best-in-position players without having to deal with the rare draw process. As such, don't spend GP on anything you see in scout other than littres, carefully selected 5* players, gatekeepers you need to evolve a 5* card, or maybe kumas (they feed for 320k xp, which is a gigantic boost starting out, but 150 GP is a high price to pay).

- The best place to farm GP is the colosseum, which you can reset once per day. Get as far as you can each day, then reset after 8AM PDT and do it again. PVP also allows you to join a new tournament for 3GP, and you get 3GP for each match you win. Assuming you're placed in a bracket where you win at least 50% of the time, it's usually a good idea to enter PVP tournaments since you'll at least break even on the GP entry fee and get bonus xp and spirit stones for every match you play in. The daily achievement rewards are also pretty generous with regard to crystals/GP, so make sure to complete as many as you can.

- The biweekly "season" achievements are also pretty rewarding, giving things like gatekeepers, GP, and large crystal payouts for relatively simple tasks, so make sure to take advantage of them.

- Don't do a single rare draw unless you're near a milage ticket. You're always better off saving 300 crystals for a 10x + 1 (guaranteed at least 4*) draw. Once you've done 3x 300 crystal draws, it's debatable whether you're better off doing another 300 crystal draw (for a total of 44 draws and 1200 crystals / milage ticket), or doing 7 single draws and the milage ticket (total of 40 draws and 1110 crystals / milage ticket). Milage ticket progress doesn't carry over, so if you're doing 300x draws, you're spending more crystals per ticket, but you have more chances at 5* players so it may end up being a wash. Either way, the majority of your crystals should be saved for 300x crystal draws.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Anyone got any tips on how to spend specialization points? I figured doing the actives might be good but you can use actives like thrice a match so doing it for everyone doesn't seem that efficient.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

My general idea when setting things up is to always have one attacker on the wings in mid and backfield to get up to the front after I get possession back, assister and striker in the front to take shots. So those four I'd look at maxing actives on, as well as a team-wide healer if you've got one. Otherwise, I go for anything that makes my specializations better, and if I'm unsure at that point, prioritize 'players at this position' skills. Give your goalie 5/5 in his active at your own risk, as it makes the AI want to use him to steal and could result in losing more HP than needed at times.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Im okay with this i guess.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Should I be waiting to level up my guys until I Superb Train them or whatever or does it not affect stat growth?

Also are any of these 5 Stars ones I should focus on?

Ardor-
Kevin; Sharr

Thunder-
Lynia

Dark-
Lilith; Lucid

NJ Deac
Apr 6, 2006

MotU posted:

Should I be waiting to level up my guys until I Superb Train them or whatever or does it not affect stat growth?

Ardor-
Kevin; Sharr

Thunder-
Lynia

Dark-
Lilith; Lucid

Not only does superb training carry over beyond evolution, but you can also superb a 6* card with its 5* form (none of that PAD "must be exactly the same card to awaken" nonsense).

As far as those particular cards, I know Sharr just got a pretty huge buff with her skill being reduced to 1.5 spirit from 2 spirit, and I think she's slated to get a 7* form at some point in the future according to this blog by a Korean guy: soccersprits.blogspot.kr

That same blog also goes into detail about quite a few of the 5* players at each position, though he generally only talks about them in their ranking as "best in slot", rather than how they might fit into an overall team structure. Still, it's a good starting point to get a handle on where the metagame is in the Korean version. Looks like Lilith and Lucid are both rated very highly. Still, for the beginning you probably want to focus on your striker (probably Sharr), since being able to end matches quickly by one-shotting the goalie is the quickest way to amass a bunch of crystals in free missions.

Also, holy crap at the amount of free stuff in this new update. A guaranteed 5* player, a guaranteed 5* gatekeeper, and 7 (!) free draws at the rare egg machine just for logging in once, with another guaranteed 5* gatekeeper for logging in every day until November 4. I wonder if this is going to continue, or if they've just jacked up the rewards for the first month or two of the global release.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
I managed to get a 5 star thanks to the tickets so I'm pretty glad. I think I'll stick with the game so if anyone wants to add Detrian to the OP or shoot me a referral/friend invite, go ahead.

My only complaint is that the game seems to crash a whole lot with this update but at the least it's sensible enough not to lose any progress or anything.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

MotU posted:

Ardor-
Kevin; Sharr

Thunder-
Lynia

Dark-
Lilith; Lucid

In addition to what NJ said, both Lilith and Lucid have 7* forms right now. So if it were me, I'd level one of them, probably Lucid since she's a striker.

And if we're adding IGNs to the OP, SMike is mine. I just drew Malcolm, so get you some attack %!

E: Ha, skipped over Sage's picture there. That's great and we need more of it.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 23, 2014

Zawath
Sep 9, 2011
I'm enjoying this surpsingly much. Maybe it's because it reminds me of Blitzball from Final Fantasy X and I loved that as well.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

This seems pretty fun so far and giving a new player a ton of free poo poo is the best way to keep me going at least a few weeks.

in as Drmaniac.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
What does it mean when a skill says "Does [x] thing 'in the position'"?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

It does the effect to all players in the position/line of players the skilled player is in. Think of it as de/buffing.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

MotU posted:

What does it mean when a skill says "Does [x] thing 'in the position'"?

Affects allies or enemies in whatever part of the field/screen the card is placed. Basically any other cards nearby.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

NJ Deac posted:

- When you select a friend leader, they default to their preferred line. However, you can drag them left/right on that line. This allows you to make sure you keep your attackers/strikers on the wings if you select a friend who defaults to forward or midfield. Always keep your strikers on the wings, because that way their shots are only going up against the goalie and the wing defender.

Argh! Wish I had known this sooner. Thanks!

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So is anyone else unable to play the game due to crashing? ever since yesterday the game immediately crashes once it gets to the home screen. Is there something I can delete on ifunbox or something to fix this without wiping my progress?

Nitis
Mar 22, 2003

Amused? I think not.
Is there any reason to keep the three star players around, once you start stacking your team with 4+ players?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Not unless they've got good skills that your higher star players don't, like heals and long passes.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I'm getting full on my player inventory, are there any specific 3 or 4 star players I should be on the lookout for and not sell?

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

MotU posted:

I'm getting full on my player inventory, are there any specific 3 or 4 star players I should be on the lookout for and not sell?

People with stuff like heals, area buffs/debuffs, strikers that use one bar to shoot their special and active pass abilities that give bonus penetration. I had lots of luck running Thunder's ZE60 Alicia and Tria, for example.

Some others that come to mind are Ardor's Lina, Tina and Yura; Whirlwind's Beast King and Nia; maybe even Dark's Hines and Ogre if you need a brick shithouse to play either attacker or GK.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Is your starter guy worth evolving?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Yeah, they've got Extreme Evolutions to allow them to hit 5 stars and I believe their base stats are pretty good too.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Det_no posted:

People with stuff like heals, area buffs/debuffs, strikers that use one bar to shoot their special and active pass abilities that give bonus penetration. I had lots of luck running Thunder's ZE60 Alicia and Tria, for example.

Some others that come to mind are Ardor's Lina, Tina and Yura; Whirlwind's Beast King and Nia; maybe even Dark's Hines and Ogre if you need a brick shithouse to play either attacker or GK.

I got Lucid for a Striker and Black Marsh for a decent GK. I'm mostly confused who I should be using for my defenders. I'm using Morgana currently for Long Pass (+Crit Dmg on Pass). I got a Forward Pass in Roasria in the center (+Penetration). My Offensive Line is fine but I am unsure of how to tailor my midfield and defense. I got a good attacker in the Midfield and the aforementioned Forward Passer, but idk what the 3rd spot should be. Same with my defensive wings.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Assisters are nice to have around on defense for their high ability to steal the ball. And on a breakthrough to the front/mid lines dishing off the ball with them gets you a supercharged shot/penetration, even more so if you burn a bar. Other than that, think about a Leader with a good ability. Healing is great if you get into an even match and the strategies can also tip a game in your favor. AND they're good for generating spirit.

SilverMike fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 28, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Got a 5* light striker that heals the team 20% for every shot she makes. :iia:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Just pulled a Durahan. Hello 30% crit buff for my Striker :getin:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also found that Anaeal gets a second evolution and her card art doesnt look like :pedo: bait but gently caress that if I'm keeping that horrible card around for 100 levels.

Ashendar
Oct 19, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Also found that Anaeal gets a second evolution and her card art doesnt look like :pedo: bait but gently caress that if I'm keeping that horrible card around for 100 levels.

Anael is actually very good defender/attacker card, and she can be used in almost every deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I know but goddamn that loving artwork. I'm not using that goddamn card.

• Locked thread