Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
r loving i p

May jesus have mercy on this poor soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah, amazing.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
That would only be better with a Unique Spirit Stone in a slot

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, GP is such a bastard to get. It's really a matter of just getting a better team for the Colosseum, yeah? I just had Sylvia (the dark scout) show up and I have 400 of the 1800 I'd need to get her and the reset is tonight.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
You won't get it in time and buying managers with GP is not really recommended anyway (aside from Lucy and Gerold).

That aside, if you've also reached your limit in colosseum then galaxy arena is your best bet.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
How does the 'lodgings' cap work? Like, I'm on the cusp of having enough crystals for a 10+1, but I'm not going to have anything resembling enough spots for all of them. Heck, will it even let me do the 10+1 in the first place?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can do the draw but you cant play til you bring your numbers below your lodging cap.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Cool. Hopefully I get something with potential, because my back line is terrible and I have no clue what to do about it. I'll edit in all 4* or higher players after the draw, and maybe you guys can give me pointers since the subreddit seems to be ignoring me.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

I found Jenny to be extremely useful in lieu of anything useful. In fact I'm still using her at rank 53ish. Ideally for the backline you want an Attacker, to penetrate through their frontline, atleast one person who can heal, and a totem.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Actually? You know what? I'll just throw my whole roster at you guys and you can tell me what to do. :v:

Format; Name (Level, superbs if any, total bonus stats)
5 stars:
Lilith (33)
Hiro (36, no superb, +5)
Muspel (22)
Ustiel (35)
Leah (1)
Sage (42)
Nari (38)
Kevin (25)

4 stars:
Valkia (1)
Draven (1)
Nevantos (48)
Ray (1)
Blue Dragon (34, 1 superb)
Azrael (30)
Leonard (34, 2 superb)
Mimi (1)
Rosaria (15)
Meg (26, 1 superb)
Z088 Jackson (50, 2 superb)
Sigfried (41)

3 stars:
Marianne (28)
Revito (50, 3 superb)
Bartel (40)
Lina (27)
Jenny (21)
Helen (1)
Sam (27)

I'm planning on evolving Jackson and Revito sooner rather than later, is that wise?

ImperialGuard fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 2, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You might want to put star rating on them too, hard to remember otherwise. Revito's pretty nice for a big chunk of heal and has decent reflexes.

Just converted one of the event characters into a playable character by mashing 5 of them together. Result is one 4* unevolvable character. :v:

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

ImperialGuard posted:

Actually? You know what? I'll just throw my whole roster at you guys and you can tell me what to do. :v:

Format; Name (Level, superbs if any, total bonus stats)
5 stars:
Lilith (33)
Hiro (36, no superb, +5)
Muspel (22)
Ustiel (35)
Leah (1)
Sage (42)
Nari (38)
Kevin (25)

4 stars:
Valkia (1)
Draven (1)
Nevantos (48)
Ray (1)
Blue Dragon (34, 1 superb)
Azrael (30)
Leonard (34, 2 superb)
Mimi (1)
Rosaria (15)
Meg (26, 1 superb)
Z088 Jackson (50, 2 superb)
Sigfried (41)

3 stars:
Marianne (28)
Revito (50, 3 superb)
Bartel (40)
Lina (27)
Jenny (21)
Helen (1)
Sam (27)

I'm planning on evolving Jackson and Revito sooner rather than later, is that wise?

If I were you...

Get 3 more copies of Leonard, finish superbing him. Unless you get Jin, Leonard is probably the best shot at a Whirlwind goalie right now, and he's your best goalie by a mile. Hiro is a good striker with a 7* evolution and can be a great Ace if you run Light/Thunder, so level him at your soonest opportunity. Nari has a 7* evo as well and should be levelled after Hiro to give him a good assist on the frontline to pass the ball to him. Between those three players, you should be set for a bit while you sort the rest of your team out.

And some general advice: don't get too attached to positional bonuses. A lot of players do a lot better outside of where they get their 5%/10% stat boosts, to the point where you can easily ignore the boost in most cases. You probably don't want to bother with Jackson for this reason, since Nari passes a lot better than he ever will.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Admittedly, I'm only going from what I've read from Reddit, but Lilith and Nari are great regardless of team color. Nari's like the best passer in the game I think (besides Baltheon for Dark), and Lilith is a great totem in the mid and back line (less so for the front line, since shoots don't recover health from her Bloodsucking Aura if I recall correctly).

A fully superb'd Blue Dragon is apparently an amazing Striker on par with 5*s and 6*s, so she might be sorta useful until your Hiro gets stronger.

Also, Rivals are great to fill positions. I have a fully superb'd Ami in my mono-Dark team, and she rocks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What the hell's a totem?

Also Lilith's 7* evolution art is awful but hilarious.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

SynthOrange posted:

What the hell's a totem?

Also Lilith's 7* evolution art is awful but hilarious.

A totem is any player that has a passive that has some effect on players in their line. These passives come in two varieties: those that buff your players in that line and those that debuff the opponents players in that line. The best totems tend to have two such passives.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I vaguely recall finding an Ardor 5* who had nothing but totem skills. Yuri or whatever. Found her while scouting but didn't take her.

Also found a Nari once, and I'm kicking myself over not having taken her cause I need a goddamn passer for my front line.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Admittedly, I'm only going from what I've read from Reddit, but Lilith and Nari are great regardless of team color. Nari's like the best passer in the game I think (besides Baltheon for Dark), and Lilith is a great totem in the mid and back line (less so for the front line, since shoots don't recover health from her Bloodsucking Aura if I recall correctly).

Baltheon is the best rainbow passer by far right now. Nari is good if you have a striker like Blade who needs the crit rate. Lucid and Leventor for example would be better off with Baltheon.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I spent over 2 million trying to scout that fucker, as well as a Dark Emperor Swirly to take my Ravian to the next stage. Neither showed up.

The Dark Emperor Swirly did show up on the very first free scout of this week. So infuriating.

But wow, comparing the Korean version to the English translation, a bunch of stuff is translated awkwardly.

I do wish the Lore was filled out more, though. The character relationships and such are actually pretty interesting. Wish Com2us had expanded the Story Mode instead of just giving us the first chapter and then throwing it all away.

When's the Dark Draw even coming again? We've gone Dark -> Light -> Ardor -> Thunder -> Whirlwind, and next week should be Dark again, yeah? Or am I remembering wrong? I've managed to save up 600 Crystals so far, and I'm hoping to have enough to do 2 10+1 draws and 7 more so I can get the Mileage Ticket.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah the draws cycle around every 5 weeks.

Also dont fall into paying for scouts you dummy!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just really wanted Bal so much. Still do. And Metatron, too. And Malcom and Lilith, but they can wait.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Haha you want bananatits

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Just as long as you stop spending so that you can save up, running into a wall of 160k when you are broke would be a nasty surprise.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I stopped at 300k cause I had cards to evolve. Gonna evolve Ravian as soon as I a) get the Dark Penguin needed to evolve her and b) get the Kumas needed so I can fuse them into one big fat loving bear to throw 2 million experience at her right away.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

But what if you get a Thunder player that's really great and you needed that Kuma? :ohdear:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I run a Mono-Dark team anyways, so unless it's a Thunder player that can work alongside one, I'm not too worried. I have a grand total of 1 5* Thunder player, and Thunder sucks anyways. And gently caress Whirlwind too, while I'm at it. As soon as I find something better for my mid-lane, Linmay's going straight into the bench. Dark for life, yo.

(I am probably gonna end up pulling a bunch of Thunder players on my next 2 10+1 pulls)

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SynthOrange posted:

But what if you get a Thunder player that's really great and you needed that Kuma? :ohdear:

Have fun grinding two mill experience from penguins, that's all I can say

e: my Veronica is probably staying at 6* for a good and long time :downs:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh yeah. If youre after a season boss, save one each of their minions. They're required as evolution material.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welp, just scouted a Ronald and I have 3.2K GP. I am now contemplating whether I should buy him to replace Vitos on my backline, since Ronald is tankier and has a better line debuff than Vitos (Crit Chance & Reflex for Vitos versus Crit Chance & Action Speed for Ronald), or just keep hoarding my GP in case Lilith / Malcom appear.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

I'd say pass and wait for better. Ronald doesn't seem like a great use of GP.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I have Ronald in my rainbow team and I really like him overall. Can hit hard, takes damage like a champ, screws with enemy speed and crit rate. The Dark combo is with him, Avnore and Lucifer in the back row to really piss off an enemy trying to crack their defense.Supposedly he works best as a defender rather than a goalie and he's earned his worth to me on the left of the defense line even with no superbs at all.

nftyw fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Dec 2, 2014

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, I have Avnore and Lucifer and Zibroi as well, which is why I thought about getting Ronald.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've actually been doing pretty well on 5-stars. Currently running Bora, Lilith, Shu, and Lucifer. Shame I can't get seem to get Niarose, she'd fit in pretty well. Someone on my friends list has her as their Ace, so I can boost my team pretty hardcore every so often.

Shame Shesta is 500GP to scout, she's in my list now, but she'd never pay for herself with her 'get 3GP ability'.

Edit: Is Morgana worth my time? I just scouted her. She'd be replacing Elliot on my back line. I feel like he's a stronger passer, just due to Sharp Pass, but she has that crit-rate debuff that'd stack nicely with Estella's Strengthened Formation. Alternately, I can keep saving up GP for a 5-star.

Here's what I'm running now, for reference:

Min - Akane(Evolved) - Bora
Lindsey (Evolved) - Shu - Lilith
Lynbell - Lucifer - Elliot
Estella

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 2, 2014

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
What does the present box actually do? I cant parse the Engrish. Wanna spend some but the chrystals are poo poo value

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Welp, just scouted a Ronald and I have 3.2K GP. I am now contemplating whether I should buy him to replace Vitos on my backline, since Ronald is tankier and has a better line debuff than Vitos (Crit Chance & Reflex for Vitos versus Crit Chance & Action Speed for Ronald), or just keep hoarding my GP in case Lilith / Malcom appear.

Ronald + Avnore is an amazing backline and a cornerstone of the Mono-Dark defense. They slow the attacking enemy down to a crawl with their -Action passives

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

Holy poo poo Kei is getting completely dumpstered, time to loving bring back my Ogre

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
What's wrong with your Kei? He's been doing pretty o-kei for me. Then again I popped a evolved Kuma on him asap with 2 Litre+ for superbs after evolving him to 7*.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Kei used to be unique in that he would attack and could attack as a GK, but soon he is losing that distinction, becoming a defender, and his skills are being nerfed. He was arguably 2nd best GK but now is pretty much way behind Jin and even Zibroi and probably not worth investing that much into (although it is Neris, which is a non-valuable Gatekeeper)

Which is good, eat it Light fuckers, Mono-Dark forever :twisted:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
The nerfs probably hit him harder than needed, but I took him to 7* immediately to compensate and he still does his job of being attacking goalie for me quite well. Zibroi sounds like he was good and then got better to the point where he can run mid and wreck things if he gets tired of running goalie.

It is kind of poo poo if it's bad enough that he's barely usable in 6*, but like you said Light benefits from having the shittiest, most common as dirt gatekeeper there is. I wish I had as many Litres as I had Nerises.

e: Wait he is being changed AGAIN?

e: I hope Jin and Zibroi get type changed into Assists and given HP nerfs to compensate. You know, for balance. Oh hell with it I'm salty, give Beatrice a +300% damage passive and be done with it Bigball. Guess I'm farming Fuse Ro when his event pops up :v:

nftyw fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 3, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah they're patching someone's clothes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SynthOrange posted:

Oh yeah. If youre after a season boss, save one each of their minions. They're required as evolution material.

To expand on this, you need the Evolved form of each of her minions (ie you need "Honesia" vs "Holy Honesia"). Which needs five copies of each "Holy _____" per minion!

nftyw fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 3, 2014

• Locked thread