Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sbaldrick posted:

Those look a little better but I understand what they are going for with the dark leather.

All the behind the scenes photos of Flash look super brown too. Like he's the Maroon Speedster. He looks red once it gets shot and colour corrected though, and I imagine Garricks costume will pop a bit more in the actual episode.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
The color in set photos is always degraded compared to a television airing, or even in person. The actual costume, while not bright red, is not nearly as dark as everyone says it is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They've come out before and said that the bright read fabrics don't look good in motion which is why they went for a darker tone ont he Flash suit. We can probably assume the same goes for Mr Garrick up there.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
A clip for your viewing pleasure..

Tomorrow cannot come fast enough.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Just hearing the music at the end of the trailer made me happy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jng2058 posted:

Just hearing the music at the end of the trailer made me happy.

I really love the music team on these shows. Each theme is distinct but in the same style. And they're doing the music for Supergirl, LOT and the new NBC series Blindspot as well.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rhyno posted:

I really love the music team on these shows. Each theme is distinct but in the same style. And they're doing the music for Supergirl, LOT and the new NBC series Blindspot as well.

Music in TV shows generally gets less recognition than it deserves. Done well it can be a major support, even outside of "iconic theme everyone hums the next day."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, I love the Agents of SHIELD soundtrack I bought recently, and I'm sure I'm gonna love the Flash soundtrack, too.

As soon as it comes out.

Whenever that is.

:mad:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Yeah, I love the Agents of SHIELD soundtrack I bought recently, and I'm sure I'm gonna love the Flash soundtrack, too.

As soon as it comes out.

Whenever that is.

:mad:

It's weird that it's not out yet with how popular the show is. One of the composer team's father shops at my store and I ask him about ti every time I see him. He brought me a comp copy of the Arrow disc a few weeks before it came out.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wow, they really don't give a gently caress about the Flash movie

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/05/the-flash-movie-taps-abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter-writer-to-direct?abthid=5612de8fb418bd683f000019

quote:

The upcoming The Flash film has reportedly found its director in Seth Grahame-Smith, the author of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Grahame-Smith is currently in negotiations to write and direct the movie based on the DC property. Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who wrote the treatment for the film, were thought to be on-deck to script and direct the movie, but instead will be directing the upcoming stand-alone Han Solo movie.

The Flash will mark Grahame-Smith's first time as a feature film director. His previous directing credits include a couple episodes of the MTV series he co-created, The Hard Times of RJ Berger.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

I hope they decide gently caress it and toss it in the dumpster.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Isn't it time for a fresh thread? We're like 26 hours away!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
For anyone wondering why Jay has that hat

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Is anyone at DC actually interested in The Flash movie? It seems like it was greenlit in a desperate attempt to prove to investors that DC can make just as many blockbuster movies as Marvel can and as a "We've totally got our own version of Avengers that will make billions". Meanwhile we've got BvS which looks like a dark and dour punch to the gut that will probably do great but nowhere near MCU levels and still depends on Batman and Superman, two of the most iconic superheroes ever, to carry the entire movie franchise.

MCU is meanwhile rounding out Phase 2, 10 years of movies they were building up to Infinity War(a trilogy I think) and then move on to Phase 3, which has probably been planned out for just as long in the early stages and will bring in new central actors/heroes.

Before Ironman 1, the hero wasn't even in the public consciousness. Hulk was only notable because of the campy 1970s TV series that people remembered. Captain America and Thor similarly. All those billions the MCU generates came from focusing on make fun exciting movies with their IPs and hiring the best people for the job. Guardians of the Galaxy is another smash hit and that was completely removed from the entire established MCU because they focused on making a good movie that families could go see.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Glad you like the Marvel films

I don't think they tend to greenlight films that they are going to spend several hundred million dollars on just out of desperation. I am sure seeing Marvel's success they are kicking themselves and want to capitalize more on their characters, but part of doing that is, you know, trying. The things you are saying don't mesh with each other, in order to actually capitalize and not just waste a bunch of their own money they need the movie to be a success, not caring doesn't really factor into it. Again, you don't commit to spending 200 million dollars just to keep investors off your back for a few months when it is going to bite you in the rear end.

And Man of Steel already did make Marvel money, just not RDJ/Avengers money. It was right in the wheelhouse of post-Avengers solo films and pre-Avengers Iron Man films (roughly 550-700 million). The last two Batmans each cracked a billion: within spitting distance of IM3 but not the billion +1/2 money that Avengers is doing. I think BvS has a decent shot though.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Rhyno posted:

Isn't it time for a fresh thread? We're like 26 hours away!
I'm waiting for a mod to pop in and give the go ahead, but I don't know what the usual standard is for when a new season thread goes up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A week before is usually the earliest to do it. You're fine now.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

A clip for your viewing pleasure..

Tomorrow cannot come fast enough.

Who else wants to see a scene in Arrow of Oliver watching that on tv or something and muttering to himself about how he never got a key to the city, hell everyone always seemed to hate him.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hangedman1984 posted:

Who else wants to see a scene in Arrow of Oliver watching that on tv or something and muttering to himself about how he never got a key to the city, hell everyone always seemed to hate him.

Haha yessssss

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
:siren: :flashfap: NEW SEASON, NEW THREAD :flashfap: :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

hangedman1984 posted:

Almost certainly.

Also, Variety had a picture of the Flashes together in costume. Jay's goddamn smile sells this casting, I think.

• Locked thread