Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

jscolon2.0 posted:

Is IMGUR still down for everyone else?

It's working fine for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Looks like there's a proper preview for the next episode, different from the fancy trailer they played at the end of this one.

Okay, so Cisco's going to name all the villains and clearly loves "Captain Descriptor," which neatly explains "Captain Cold" and "Captain Boomerang"

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The second greatest gif to come out of this universe.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Law and Order: Metahuman Crimes Unit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I have not, but I've heard so many good things about it that I think you're right, it is time I rectified this.

Season 2 is now on Netflix, so go go go and catch up with us for next week.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

It's interesting to me that Barry and his dad are visiting through glass and over phones, since he's in Iron Heights and the Queen situation was different.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

So she refuses to watch Arrow too?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I want to see Gustin on the salmon ladder period.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I loved that Barry just skipped the intro and dove into the episode.

The three empty doughnut boxes and the pile of plates were great and I hope they keep doing that.

The flashbacks felt like they were trying to keep Arrow's formula, but without the structure that Arrow's flashbacks have, I think these flashbacks might intrude too much.

Tom Cavanaugh continues to be awesome. The stinger this week was fantastic.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Drifter posted:

Oh for reals? I thought someone died during the tornado at the farm?

The only people at the farm were Jesse L. Martin, his partner (Iris' boy), Barry and Weather Wizard. If anyone's dead, it's WW.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

WarLocke posted:

... What if the STAR Labs explosion was engineered by him specifically to give Barry powers? :tinfoil:

I think this is really heavily implied by the first episode, since he was faking his injury.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

Smile Time is the greatest hour of television ever. I will brook no argument.

"Greatest" is hard to agree with, but it is a drat fine hour of television.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

It's fun to make fun of Gotham, but some of the "It's a SUICIDE SQUAD!!" lines from Arrow do give Gotham's references a run for their money.

You're not wrong, but Arrow spent a year dodging overt references, while Gotham spent the first half of its pilot throwing them in our faces.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Neon Knight posted:

They don't need to avoid saying every name from the comics at all times to dodge what Gotham is being accused of. It is a squad of villains going on a suicide mission, it is happening right in that moment! The most appropriate time to use the name and not a tease at all.

It is not "Look at this six year old girl named Ivy who likes plants, gee I guess this is not relevant at all to our story. BUT LOOK AT HER AND REMEMBER COMIC BOOKS!"

Or "Cobblepot, you walk like a penguin" or "Nygma, your riddles are stupid."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

The Nygma riddle thing was just his first appearance for people who would have no clue what his name was. Every other appearance he hasn't done it.

Some Numbers posted:

Gotham spent the first half of its pilot throwing them in our faces.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

LongDarkNight posted:

I want a Captain Cold, Heat Wave, Clock King, Count Vertigo team up.

Unfortunately, they killed the good Count Vertigo. The new guy just isn't the same.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Also holy poo poo the real hero is Darkseid.

A live action Darkseid could be amazing, but might be rough to pull off.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

They tried it in Smallville and it was poo poo. He was a smoke monster Galactus style

This doesn't surprise me. A Darkseid that's not humanoid would be pretty awful.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Is any part of the Justice League portion of Smallville worth watching and can it be watched in isolation?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

zoux posted:

The Superman I feel bad for is Routh. He's a good actor and the guy that got cast just a couple of years after him is set for loving life.

On the other hand, now he's Ray Palmer in the superior DC series. I think it kind of worked out for him.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Thwomp posted:

Plus it was a couple of years before Iron Man and any hint of shared studio/cinematic universes so who knew?

Interestingly, this is still a completely accurate sentence taken literally.

But I'm pretty sure it was closer to a decade between Superman Returns and Man of Steel.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

zoux posted:

So final ratings were adjusted up a tenth to put it at 1.5. Only a .2 loss vs. the World Series is pretty good!

That's because that World Series game was boring.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Wait, the assassin who Oliver killed was supposed to be a DC character?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Slightly related: The same guy who was cast as Kyle Nimbus (aka The Mist) for The Flash is also playing Victor Zsasz in Gotham.

Pretty cool considering the guy did a decent run as a criminal hellbent on revenge, and he definitely has the look of "psychotic murderer" nailed down.

I knew he looked familiar; I saw him for a second in a Gotham trailer.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Xoidanor posted:

It's still better then Professor Doom by a mile.

Doctor Doom. :eng101:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That was a really good episode. Felicity was great and she and Barry were adorable.

The pun level was really high, especially with Wells jumping in with "I foresee great things," but it wasn't unbearable.

Captain Cold was great. Everything was amazing, especially the parka and the reaction to his nickname.

The train sequence was mindblowingly good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That last one is amazing. I wonder what Amell would think of that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

zoux posted:

First half of season one of Arrow is like, "Hm this is a pretty good show for a comic book show". After episode 9, Arrow just loving crushes it.

Fixed that for you.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Fragmented posted:

I didn't even watch the first season of Arrow. Its now one of my new favorite shows. So when I go back I start from episode 9 or just power through it?

I love the Barry cameo because The Flash is awesome. Best superhero show yet.p

The first 8 episodes definitely set up the rest of the show, but if you were fine from the start of season 2, you could probably start with 9 and power through. Give it a shot.

You will be completely lost in the flashbacks.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

I still can't believe we've had a show with earthquake machines and super serum katana wielding eye patch'd mercs and that show is the more grounded, subdued show. It's a great time for comics TV :allears:

Have you seen what John Barrowman has done on that show? There is nothing subdued about his performance. I'm surprised that the sets don't have giant bite marks in them.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Whizbang posted:

Flashpoint causes an alternate universe where Tommy is the Arrow. :allears:

I hate you so much.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I would love for NPH to guest star as the Music Meister.

Getting John Barrowman to drop in would be fantastic too.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Senerio posted:

I remember when it was first announced that he was going to be Barry Allen, I joked to my friend that he went from a Pseudo-Attempted-Rapist/Actual-Assaulter to the only thing creepier: a fanboy!

Wait, what?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

PowerBeard posted:

drat it, now I'm imagining the Music Maestro episode from Batman - The Brave and the Bold. Wasn't it Neil Patrick Harris that did his voice acting / singing?

I'd be all for a Flash episode with NPH as a villian of the week. :allears:

Yes, the Music Meister was NPH. Him, Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin and John Barrowman can sing and dance.

Meanwhile, Amell is on the sidelines watching and looking surly.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

PFlats posted:

I'm glad this thread has both a "We need Grant Gustin to sing" camp and a "We need Jesse L. Martin to sing" camp. Makes it easy to decide whose other opinions to take seriously :twisted:

We need John Barrowman to sing. He counts. :colbert:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Just watched the fourth ep. I have to say that I'm a little disappointed there isn't another stinger involving Wells. Every episode should end with him standing up to murder someone. Him just wreaking havoc on the able like some sort of Michael Myers on Wheels.

Nah, they were too busy teasing the creation of the Rogues.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

So clearly we're getting Captain Atom, but who's the electric guy and the guy with the weird glasses?

The guy with the weird glasses is the Clock King who showed up in season 2 of Arrow.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

There's literally no way a sci-fi original series is better than Time After Time, the movie in which HG Wells played by Malcolm Mcdowell has to travel in time to modern day San Francisco to stop Jack the Ripper. That's not even arguable.

Jack the Ripper played by David Warner. The movie is incredible.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Inkspot posted:

Do people made of mist or steel need food? And Multiplex always has a supply of fresh meat, he just has to learn to like his steak a little more, ... bloody.

Is Multiplex in the Pipeline? I thought he actually died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

zoux posted:

Uh if you don't like relationship drama you may not like superhero shows. If this show was exactly the same except about Superman I swear most of yall would be bitching about Lois Lane.

From what I hear, the bitching was all about Lana Lang.

• Locked thread