Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh god don’t call him the Streak though are you kidding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

New 1 minute promo is already up on youtube

gently caress they call him the Streak and the Blur.

I hope someone calls him something different literally every single time they refer to him.

The Flurry
The Rusher
The Track
The Racer
The Roadrunner

I'm already out.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

It is morally preferable, in fact. Stabler, and Detective West, are sanctioned by the law of the land, as decreed and upheld by the populace, to use deadly force if necessary. Vigilantes aren't.

e: Not that Superman did anything "wrong" in the situation but there it's a question of accountability.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 8, 2014

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Cute n Popular posted:

Is there any difference between the leaked and the actual airing of the pilot?
It seems like a lot of the music was updated. The Arrow leitmotif plays when he meets Oliver, for instance, and some of the Iris music has been...uh, CW-ified, if that makes any sense.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

That would actually be the most goddamn amazing Comic Book Thing, to treat different networks like different Earths.

I'm preemptively furious that they probably won't do this.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Looks like there's a proper preview for the next episode, different from the fancy trailer they played at the end of this one.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Wow. Okay. So..

There are some big ol' spoiler images from set floating around and even describing them is gonna be a spoiler, so to help y'all decide if you want to look, here's a description of the spoiler that isn't actually a spoiler but will probably spoil anyway: a thing that everyone thinks is happening is in fact happening, and much faster than you'd think.

Here if you want to see them.

BrianWilly fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Oct 9, 2014

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Barry could do that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I like Cisco a lot more after TheBacklot review prompted me to imagine him being high as a kite during every scene.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Really good episode so far. Even more enjoyable than the pilot, I think.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

frgildan posted:

running gag.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Holy shite this is great

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Y'know Barry you probably could've run fast enough to catch him before he fell.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Solaris Knight posted:

Barry was probably shocked and too winded to properly focus.
Shoulda had more tacos.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Wells is a great example of them setting up a future plotlines (.....:buddy:) where they clearly do know ahead of time who he is and what they want him to be, instead of that annoying thing TV shows sometimes do where it's like "Here's a vague thing, what does it mean???? gently caress if we know 'cuz it could be goddamn anything! Tune in to find out what!"

Wells is vague and mysterious, but the things that he says and does really do narrow down the list of potential identities he could have or the possible motivations he might be pursuing, and we already have a pretty clear idea of the sorts of shenanigans he'll be pulling down the line.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I have to admit to being a little...concerned? Curious? Clutched?...about how they're gonna handle the female characters down the line. Unlike Green Arrow, the Flash comics have never been loaded with female heroes or villains. Caitlin herself was never part of the Flash mythos, but was transplanted from elsewhere. And we've heard a lot about a lot of dude metahumans coming up on in the series, and not a single lady as far as I know.

Something I liked a lot was how they really alluded to Barry being the forerunner (:argh:) of a new age of humans, sort of like the first of his kind that changes the game forever. It really sets up Flash pretty much being the Superman of this universe, the first real superhero that gets the ball rolling, right alongside Arrow who's the Batman analogue.

All they need is a Wonder Woman expy in their other CW show in development, but, meh, I can't really think of any characters that would fit the bill.

Crunk Abortion posted:

Regarding future villain speculation:

Did I hallucinate the part where they straight up named Iris' boyfriend as Eddie Thawne, AKA Eobard Thawne, aka Professor loving Zoom? Unless they have the balls to have past and future Thawne coinciding, Wells can't be him, can he? Did I miss something?
Nope, you didn't hallucinate that, and that's definitely the thing that they want all the nerds (and nerd-adjacents) to be thinking. But keep in mind that they don't have to follow a single thing from the comics if they don't want to, and part of the shtick of this show is for sure going to be playing with those preconceived notions. Over in Arrow, everyone was certain that Tommy Merlyn was gonna end up being the real Merlyn, aka Green Arrow's biggest rival, and that turned out instead to be the biggest red herring.

Josh Lyman posted:

Why are people saying time travel has been confirmed?
Did you miss the end of the first episode? And the end of the second?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I'm not too worried. 2018 is four dang years away. We'll all be old as poo poo by then, and for all we know Gustin will have been embroiled in some kinda cocaine-fueled dog fight scandal.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

It's fun to make fun of Gotham, but some of the "It's a SUICIDE SQUAD!!" lines from Arrow do give Gotham's references a run for their money.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Is everything out of Wells' mouth going to be a time or speed pun?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

"How did someone else's DNA get inside the victim' lungs?"

Oh I can think of several ways.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Fire and ice is actually pretty fine as far as winks go. It's something that a human being might conceivably say, especially if they lived in CW dialogue world. It's not like "He used to call he his beautiful killer frosting" or something.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I see that Wells has Arrow s2 on his netflix.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Hey, if any show can get away with having flashbacks, it's this one, right?

:regd08:

Jesus, at some point we'll probably get flash-forwards.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

It's funny because we're trying to come up with campy sounding names but "Weather Wizard" is already the campiest.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

If that was the case, casting Wally West's future wife seems to be a...poor...tactic.

I doubt it's going to be a big ol' romance thing, and she seems to have more to do with Iris' storyline, so I'm excited for this.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Are we not counting Felicity? Also, again, jumping the gun a bit on the "love interest" thing.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Amazing.

Straight out of...everything.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I don't think there's been a single second of this episode I haven't enjoyed yet.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Everything Wells says is shady as hell.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Kid don’t just take gum from strangers.

It could be laced with crack or something.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Don't be Batman, Cisco.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

"That was not as badass as I pictured."

Felicity please.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Oh my GOD.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Cisco also created a bomb robot to help in demolition projects, and a scissor-head robot to help him...cut...things.

boom boom boom posted:

The scientist woman's dead boyfriend is definitely coming back as Captain Atom, isn't he?
Well, no.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Zaggitz posted:

Captain Atom is Ray Palmer, who is on Arrow.
Oh my god, also no.

Ray Palmer is just the Atom, the shrinking guy. Nathanial Adam is Captain Atom, a nuclear-powered guy.

Get with it neeeeerrrrds :doom:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Was I the only one who got the impression that Wells not only outright knew Felicity, but also knows she will be somehow incredibly important?

Oracle-important, perhaps?

And I really like the idea that Captain Cold, and thus the entire formation of the Rogues, was something completely unexpected for Wells, something that he's not going to be able to predict or control. It's utterly delicious that the biggest threat to his plans might not be big deal corporations or rival scientists, but a small band of no-name blue collar criminals.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I was inordinately fond of this moment.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I thought that was actually Barry referring to himself. His own full name is Bartholomew. :allears:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

First candid photo of Pied Piper [source]

No green? :doom: Probably didn't want anyone to confuse him with some other green douche in a hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Don't listen to the weaklings who are too weak to watch Glee. Watch Glee. Survive Glee. Prove your worth.

• Locked thread