Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Why would ANY newspaper talk about economy on the front page when the world is about to end? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Drifter posted:

Well, Weather Wizard did kinda start a 700mph microtornado that he wanted to push through the middle of the city, so...

Speaking of, did they really kill him off? Isn't he one of the Rogues in the comics? Maybe his brother is still alive I guess. :tinfoil:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Uhhh why do they keep killing the villains? This is not a movie guys, it's a TV show, it's okay if they come back for another episode. :confused:

I'll just assume it was a clone and not the real guy.

Oh, and that post credits final scene... so good. This show. :allears:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

This is all I wanted out of this show. Can't wait. :allears:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Xelkelvos posted:

We just need Hawkman or Hawkgirl/woman to be their Wonder Woman and we'll have a pseudo trinity for the DCWU

That would be Supergirl as soon as they confirm her show to be part of the Arrowverse.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rhyno posted:

I'm really curious to see if CBS allows that. But the CW guys have said they want a third show and they are setting up two new heroes this season.

If they were talking about the Atom and Firestorm, eh... I don't think I'd watch either of those.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Not the best episode so far... but it did have the Grodd reveal. And that boomerang joke. :allears:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
They're kinda going overboard with all the killing. 3 out of 5 characters of the week have been killed so far. Are the Rogues the only ones that'll stick around or what.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Oracle posted:

I agree with this. We won't get a talking gorilla, we'll get a CGI gorilla giving significant glances as it communicates telepathically.

Guys, what if... Grodd's been controlling Wells all along and he's the real big bad of the season?

This is me finding excuses to keep Wells as part of the team, I can't picture them without him once he goes full on evil. :(

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

tsob posted:

I can, because in a lot of the interactions he's not actually there at all or only there on the sidelines and not really interacting significantly. Like, this last episode he only says one line during the wall running calculation scene, doesn't even say anything during the water running one I think and isn't in the bar at the end of the episode at all. He's pretty much the de-facto leader of Team Science at the moment and Barry eventually has to take that position anyways I suppose. They're minimizing his presence in a lot of those scenes specifically so he can be cut without major loss to the feel of the show I would imagine.

Yeah, he only said a couple of lines this episode because he was too busy giving evil glances around the room, and when it came to deal with the military, it was him who covered for them. He's the grown up of the group, and without him, they're just a bunch of kids playing hero club. And really, I don't see Barry as much of a leader as he is right now.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

That's kinda stupid. He knows it won't be connected to the tv shows, so what does it matter? Not to mention it's going to be four years away from now. The tv show's popularity would only hurt the movie in the end, not the other way around.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Aphrodite posted:

Only one of them is Marvel's Quicksilver.

Yes, the one that is Magneto's son. :colbert:

It'll be interesting to compare the special effects between all three speedsters once Avengers 2 is out. Flash's so far have been really good, especially for a tv show.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Was the guy "covered in flames" that Iris mentioned Firestorm or some other Human Torch-esque character I'm unaware of?

VDay posted:

Also I'm still having a blast watching this but I can't wait for the crossover episodes. I think the villains have been the weakest part of the show so far and having Nick Tarabay show up for an episode or two will do the show a lot of good. It's been fine in these first few episodes since the show is obviously focusing on Barry's development/origin, but hopefully the villains (or at least the actors they get to play them) start improving once the show gets most of that out of the way and inevitably gets more procedural.

Wells has been a pretty great villain so far. Either way, your fears will be put at ease once Grodd takes the center stage. :getin:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rasczak posted:

He didn't, he popped off one last copy while Barry was distracted and then faked his own death.

... :colbert:

Oh yeah, that reminds, the character of the week didn't die this time. Progress!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Astro Nut posted:

Edit: So I guess think less Colossus, more Senator Armstrong, in terms of how the powers work.

"Particle accelerator, son."

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Just watched the latest episode, aaaaand we're back to killing villains. I'm almost sure Arrow had a lower death rate during its first 7 episodes than The Flash has so far (not counting any random goons that got arrow'd).

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Hollismason posted:

but the meta human of the week has to continue because against normal people he's kind of crazy powerful.

Captain Cold did pretty okay despite being a regular human. Your chances of not ending up dead against The Flash are probably higher if you're not a meta anyway.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Huh. After watching that promo, I have a feeling that they won't be revealing Reverse Flash's identity until the second half of the season...

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

zoux posted:

This isn't stopping some people including my roommates from getting Real Mad about it.

So RR is the first fictional metahuman to affect people in reality? :tinfoil:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The Arrowverse is starting to sound like a post Flashpoint universe that originated from the original Flash tv show.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
The whole episode will revolve around Barry trying to find Trickster's misplaced medication.

I wouldn't have too many complaints about that.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Xelkelvos posted:

The return of the Bat Embargo?

I'd say Flash get's Superman's position in a B-Trinity which is all about superscience instead of space stuff. Ollie gets Batman's spot which includes international crime, street level stuff and darker, subtler magical things. Whoever gets the third part would get Wonder Woman's somewhat ill defined piece which is more DCU mythos and magic and include the more epic fantasy stuff. Short list: Hawkgirl/woman, Wonder Girl (no connection to Wonder Woman), Mary Marvel (or however they want to name her), Raven (there was a pilot in the works iirc), or just make a character like Dr. Fate or Klarion a girl

Or just make a Zatanna show and go full-on magic/mysticism with it.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Rocksicles posted:

Roy switching shows? two show actor.... This could be either miles better than Flash, or worse than gotham, no middle ground.

As terrible as it could it end up being, I'll still watch it if they give us Manu Bennett trolling teenagers for a season or two.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Put me down on the future Eddie being the Reverse Flash camp. Wells is slowly gathering all the necessary things to steal/duplicate Barry's powers (electric vamp's blood, prototype thing) and will eventually give them to someone else to create the Flash's nemesis so he can be a better hero for the future and all that jazz. This is all based on the fact that Tom Cavanagh would look ridiculous in the yellow suit and not nearly as bulky as RF seemed to be. So of course, I must be right. :eng101:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Astro Nut posted:

...These two thoughts together has me wonder: What if Wells is planning to be Reverse Flash, but in reality he's been fooled by Future Eddie who just made Wells think he was gonna be him?

...I'm going cross eyed thinking about it.

This theory is incredible and I now want this to happen, however unlikely it might be. :allears:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Set photos have been posted in this thread. (Beware) Here they are again.

Finally, I'll learn the Reverse Flash's secret identity!

... I have no idea who that is.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm almost certain they're going to run the Reverse Flash metaplot for as long as the show is going to be running, so yes I'm glad they're setting up a good variety of other poo poo going on. As long as they don't get it too cluttered and meandering like some of CWs other long-running shows I'm sure it'll be just as fun 5 years from now as it is today.

Eh, RF's plot could easily get resolved this season. There's more than one evil Flash in the comics, so they could use a different one down the line.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Speaking of Jay, I still want some confirmation that metas existed before the particle accelerator. Wasn't Barry supposed to be investigating strange happenings before the accident? The poor guy could've spent all that time taking naps or something instead.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

bobkatt013 posted:

I doubt that since Reverse Flash mentioned that they have fought a bunch already.

What if RF is actually Zoom from the comics universe who travelled to this dimension because he was tired of losing all the time and then Wells learned of this parallel Earth where superheroes exist unlike his dimension so he deviced a scheme to ensure metahumans were born and then

How long until the next episode airs? :eng99:

Grem posted:

I like that the Flash has legit lost two times now. Three if you count Plastique. Pretty refreshing for a super hero show.

Arrow's been doing it for a while.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Flesh Forge posted:

Look, here's some pictures:

For a second there, I thought Wells was the Black Racer.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
We'll all feel extremely silly when it's revealed that Grodd is the RF.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

zoux posted:

I know that every time I've been worried about how the show will pull off something visually they've come through but I honestly don't see how they are going to do Grodd without it looking ridiculous.

I think it'll be fine as long as they don't make him talk. Let him use telepathy or control some random guy to talk for him instead.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

He' d be a great Grodd.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Xelkelvos posted:

Well we know NPH will be the Music Meister in the inevitable musical episode

I'm praying so hard for this to happen, you have no idea. Shows usually don't get that silly until the third or so season, it'll be a long wait. :(

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

mcswizzle posted:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/22/supergirl-melissa-benoist/

The mildly annoying (but possibly written that way) girl from that singing show my wife watches is going to be Supergirl, so sayeth the internet

This makes the appearance of a live action Music Meister even more possible than before and that makes me happy. :)

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I... didn't quite get whether Piper was a meta or not. His only "power" was Really Crappy Hearing, so... why is he even getting locked up in the lab cells?

Also, I want an alternate timeline created at the end of this season where a non-evil Wells stays with the group. He's a great Prof. X figure.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
What are the chances of that picture of the group getting Back to the Future'd once time travel is involved?

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

bobkatt013 posted:

He also has backstory with Flash's allies, and it will be interesting to see them interact if and when he reforms.

I want to see him teaming up with Trickster before any of that stuff happens.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Everyone's doing a pretty good job so far, even Eddie. He was awesome in that crossover episode with Arrow. The only character that is really going nowhere fast is Iris. I'm starting to like her even less than Laurel in season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Holy poo poo, we just saw mother loving GRODD on live TV and all people care about is the stupid metaprison cell? :doh:

Anyway; GRODD IS A THING OH GOD :tviv:

They can not refuse to bring in the Music Meister after that silly karaoke scene. I'll break things if it doesn't happen. :colbert:

• Locked thread