Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Kwyndig posted:

Haha he ran all the way to talk to Ollie.

Superbuds. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

His cop buddy knows who he is. :v:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Fenris13 posted:

That was like the Anti-Smallvile show, Suit in the first episode instead of the last, someone important finds out Barry's secret right away, he tries to help out and a guy gets killed and he is over it in 3 minutes instead of 16 episodes, a pretty likable and upbeat hero, and most important it was just really fun. It is nice to see CW do something with a superhero that is so different from Arrow, but still turn out great.

I love that this show looks like it's going to basically be the opposite of Arrow in terms of tone. Should make for an interesting contrast on the crossover episodes. I especially like that several people already know his identity, instead of turning this discovery into a long, drawn out process. Basically the cop's daughter is the only person that doesn't know.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

What are they going to do with all those bodies?

See, I was wondering this too. 100 identical bodies should pretty much move the general populace into "people with superpowers definitely exist" territory. I hope that they address it in some way next episode.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

I thought the Grodd cage from the earlier episode was just a "hey look at this comic reference" thing...but holy crap they are really doing it. :stonk:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

XboxPants posted:

This is a good point, I really liked that she decided to stick with the totally reasonable, supporting, loving boyfriend. Flash basically got abusive and instead of her becoming a poorly written TV character, she finally realized that this dude she keeps meeting in alleys and flirting with really is pretty creepy.

Yeah I know we're in CW drama territory but I actually liked Iris's reaction to the Flash beating up her boyfriend, it seemed more reasonable. I still wish that they did something more interesting with the character though.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

He's basically as fast as the plot allows.

Yes, I'm a sperg, so that bugs me too.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

I would 100% buy it that Snart wanted flash to be outed, and planned based off the assumption that other supervillains would show up, so that he could build the Rogues

It makes sense in a weird comic-book way, which is fine for a comic-book show.

So I guess the anti-Flash taskforce thing was pretty short lived? It would be kind of funny if someone eventually stepped forward with a damages lawsuit for all the meta-fights in the city.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Arrow just needs Cisco to show up every so often and give everyone codenames and then leave.

Cisco uses Felicity's overwatch tech to occasionally watch the Arrow fight crime, and whenever Ollie comes across a new villain he immediately gets a call on his cellphone, timing be damned.

"Arrow, Arrow, I know what you're going to say, but hear me out. How about..." :haw:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

gninjagnome posted:

I'm kinda worried the eventual Grodd episodes can only let me down because it'll never live up to the hype I'm building in my head.

I just wonder if they will always have Grodd in the shadows to hide the silliness of the giant talking gorilla effect, or if they will just say gently caress it and show Grodd in all his cheesy glory.

I'm honestly not sure which would be the better option.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Unmerciful posted:

This show really takes a step up if you fast-forward through any scene with Iris in it. I think it's the writers more than the actress but every time she's involved the show loses all momentum. Keeping her ignorant after all this time when Barry's dad figured out his secret in like 3 seconds just makes her seem completely clueless and divorces her from all the interesting action. Plus romantic triangles are such a lazy and uninspired plot device.

Iris acts the way she does because, CW.

I wished that she would have figured out who the Flash was, because, you know, that would prove she was good at being a reporter. I like Joe because unlike the cops in arrow he's very competent, but I guess Iris is around just to provide contrast? I don't know, they haven't done anything interesting with her yet, though I agree, that's on the writers - nothing wrong with the actress herself.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

It came across as extremely passive-aggressive to me. The difference is, when Felicity was in town, she didn't know about Barry's feelings. Now, she does. The comment Barry made about her not wanting to be with him, but not wanting him to be with anybody else, her recent actions give support to that statement.

It would have been better if she was just a Good Friend and talked about how awesome Barry was instead.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Hazo posted:

Yeah maybe it's a little picky for a show with freeze rays and flying flaming dudes and exploding women but come on, this one was pretty eyeroll worthy compared to the rest.

It's like you subconsciously answered your own complaint.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

I dont know posted:

I think it's possible, but it seems unlikely. As you point out, that's really dark. It would seem off tonally from what they are doing with the show.

I'd like it if Flash didn't get that dark - we already have Arrow for that.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

That episode was amazing. On the one hand, the scene between Wells and Cisco was all kinds of holy poo poo, but I'm glad that the time travel is likely to "fix" that because Cisco is an awesome character.

Wells murdering Cisco would have been a game-changer though. I'm sure Wells will murder somebody before the end.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Hamill was totally the Joker, and I don't care, it was awesome.

Also, holy gently caress those previews. This show is so good.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

PowerBeard posted:

Because S.T.A.R Labs can't even keep their front door locked, it's not a surprise anymore.

I can't really refute this logic.

So I wonder if Grodd is going to show up again during the next episode, or if he's "done" for now.

I mean, being hit by a train apparently doesn't phase him, so why wouldn't Wells keep him on hand still?

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

Wells showing up and just kinda going "Hey assholes, I'm here. Are we doing this or what?". He's such a smug dick it's the greatest.

Yeah, Wells is great. He was taken out easier than I expected though, unless his plan was to get taken out and brought into the particle accelerator area?

I like that Oliver and Firestorm peace out before Wells is even tied up. You would think that they would stick around until he was secured at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

God dammit show, why do you have to be so good but end like that. Faaaaallllllll.....

So...did Eddie wiping his grandson^5 out of existence mean that Barry's mom wasn't killed, and time is all hosed up, or...

:psypop:

• Locked thread