Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I would think if the show ever does reference the Speed Force it'll be just as a name for the energy that powers Barry's speed instead of the crazy thing it is in the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Since they moved Agents of SHIELD an hour later, Flash doesn't run against anything that competes for the same audience either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Please don't even start with the puns.

drat. Look at this racist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's a really weird place for a gorilla cage.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I missed it this time, but I believe there's a Batman reference on that newspaper too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We actually got a good bit of development for Barry in the Arrow episodes he appeared in.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pentyne posted:

The Wayne Tech/Queen Inc merger hint was really surprising, because I don't know how anyone else can read that as anything other then "Hey, we want to add Batman".

They can say whatever they wanted in that paper because Barry will probably change that future.

quote:

I would love for Batman to show up in a minor way on Arrow, but Fox holds on to those rights so tightly I'm amazed they allowed a mention of Wayne in a DC comic themed show.

Fox doesn't have the Batman rights. They have a deal to make Gotham.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We're just assuming it's Braille anyway. It might just be a bumpy room.

Supervillain wants a secret bump room, what's the big deal?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

The actual important rating for last night's episode was a 1.8 (the 3.4 listed above is the full rating which really doesn't matter). It's well above the CW average but it's a pilot so that's always going to start off high.

Well, part of it does.

A big part of CW's target demo isn't actually in 18-49.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think if you freeze frame and real pixel Hunter Zolomon you can get a good look at him.

Death to puns.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

overtone posted:

Is the cop who gets killed by the weather guy really dead? They had a character actor for that role.

I would think the timing of his death sets him up for a potential powered return.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

I would pay good money for Martin Sheen to be a regular on a show again. Although he'd probably fit best in something like Shield.

He is. On Anger Management.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, even on screen he was noticeably tired after running down the tornado.

That's why he needed the save from the gun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haha, nice intro.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And there's our first sign of drawbacks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I like how in Young Justice the costume has a compartment where Barry/Wally can eat something to keep his energy up.

The obvious solution here is some sort of concentrated food he can keep in a ring.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Might need to learn how to fight first, Barry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dexo posted:

Shouldn't those punches be very easily dodge able, like I know he can't fight for poo poo, but dodging should be easy enough.

He has to think to speed up, and it's probably hard to do that when you're being hit repeatedly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...Ouch,

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kwyndig posted:

What happens to all those clones now?

It's fine, they're biodegradable.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

jng2058 posted:

They've gotta quit killing the villains off at the end of each episode if they want to do the Rogues. I mean, sure, Multiplex ain't technically a Flash villain, but Weather Wizard was!

Weather Wizard had a twin we never saw.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Shoulda had more tacos.

Or less, probably.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike Danger posted:

Wait, what was that? I didn't catch anything before "the fastest man alive"

The other guy wants to catch him to use his power. Wells isn't a fan of that idea.

Also he called him The Flash.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well she's also from the source material.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're not naming him Thawne just to be a supporting cop character.

On Arrow it's not like it ended up being Ollie's father.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have 100 bodies worth of stem cells they can use for research now I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Also isn't Wally part black now? Nope can't be having that in our movies no

The other 2 people they've cast for those movies are a Black Samoan and a Native Hawaiian.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think Flash will probably be working to prevent that future.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Weather Wizard has a brother so it's okay to kill one of them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Like reddish hair and plants aren't obvious enough

Correct.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

Getting flash banged would be interesting. Brings new meaning to the term 'quickie'.

Leaves you blinded for a few minutes after.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

eNeMeE posted:

My guess is he just has future information, knows that Flash will save the world in 2024, and is willing to do absolutely anything to ensure that happens.

The newspaper actually says Flash disappeared during the "Crisis". We don't know if he saved the world or not. It's possible he failed, and Wells is trying to make him better for the second try.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It became triangular like a... triangle.

That they defaulted to Doritos when they saw a triangle wasn't very surprising though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DaughterofDavidCassidyitis.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

None of the producers of Arrow worked on Smallville.

A few writers did but almost all of them worked on the early, terrible seasons and not the later (still pretty terrible) ones.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He only directed the pilot of Smallville though, he didn't do anything else for it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Cisco doesn't have a lot of imagination, OK?

Having him name the villains is a great idea, because then all the dumb ones make sense.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kin posted:

By limiting him to 700MPH and giving him limits like low glucose levels i suppose.

During the multiplex megafight you saw him knocking guys out of his way, but he wasn't really flicking them through the air Matrix reloaded style. So, while he might have been holding back to not turn them into mush, it could also be that while he's fast due to mcguffin, he doesn't have the super force/strength that would follow that (again due to mcguffin) meaning he cant just walk up to some super strong dude and punch him a few thousand times.

To be honest, it would be quite good for a series of episodes that pretty much spell out his powers and limitations so that it gets rid of any "well he could just whip up a tornado" issues.

He actually did launch a couple of them like 10 feet into the air.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They got kind of stuck because they used the name early in Arrow, but now with The Flash they put it in Keystone which makes some of the travel to it in Arrow crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I like that the guy who got cloud powers was named Nimbus.

• Locked thread