Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The toaster is better than the banana. :colbert:

The third mission in the game got me hooked on Homeworld. I, unfortunately, had played HW2 first, so I knew it was coming. But even with foreknowledge that Kharak is Burning was coming, it still was a bit of a gut punch when I first saw it for real. Its just that well done by the voice actors and music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Veloxyll posted:

What makes you assume that the Bloody Magpies haven't stolen some excess marine budget from other Chapters?

Oh, that chapter hasn't been heard from or Milennia. The Administratum won't mind if we utilise their quota of Marines for ourselves while the Imperium continues to search for our lost brothers?

Well the fluff reason for why they can field so much heavy equipment is that the Bloody Magpies have a special relationship with the Mechanicum. So... They basically are stealing budgetary resources from other chapters.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

nweismuller posted:

In reply to your blocktext:

What's even stupider is that the Khar-Toba was clearly one of a large number of hastily-assembled, identical refugee ships which would be precisely the place you would *not* find amazing unique hyperspace technology. It's sort of like saying that some random tramp steamer has the Steam Engine of Destiny on it- it's totally nonsensical in context.

Thats what they want you to think. It's actually a conspiracy! :tinfoil:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Its the exact opposite for me. The Kushan look militarily imposing, lacking life and vibrancy, while the Taiidan added in bits of their cultural heritage and geekiness- they were thrust into the war and thus not used to making things as practical as possible.

• Locked thread