Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Neurion posted:

While it takes 2 corvettes to salvage a frigate, latching on with just a single one will severely hamper its ability to maneuver and get clean shots on anything. While I worked on capturing one frigate at a time, the other corvettes were assigned to keep the frigates occupied and make it harder for them to line up shots against my salvage team.

Remembering this little fact makes your life soooo much easier in the long run. Especially with certain later missions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

berryjon posted:

It makes no difference to the plot. There's the cosmetic changes to the Fleet, as well as a couple different minor units later on.

Technically the Taiidan have better gun placements, although that rarely matters.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

The Casualty posted:

Doesn't Evasive tactics also increase their cruising speed? I seem to remember that you could get a squadron from point A to point B faster on Evasive, and that likewise, Aggressive slowed them down a little.

Definitely for strikecraft. Definitely not for Super Capital ships. I can't remember which side frigates fall under.

Similarly, Aggressive increases their attack power.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Neurion posted:

I'm kind of surprised you were still using the context menu to set tactics and formations all the way into the third mission. By then I'd assumed you'd shown it off/discussed it enough.

The urge for me to right click and look around the battlefield is incredibly strong, so zooming in on the action a bit more often would be nice, too.

Honestly, I tend to always use the context menu, just because I'm bad at remembering key shortcuts. I can only really ever remember build, harvest, dock, research, set group, and select group. Although I've mostly been playing Cataclysm, when the context menu becomes more useful with different abilities.

• Locked thread