Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You forgot healthcare and veterans.

Just like the CPC. :downsrim:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The census/scientific devolution, although that's so long ago no one probably gives a poo poo and the parties wont do much with it beyond making it a soundbite.

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

The house bubble, I guess, though I don't think any campaigns have really acknowledged it.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Square Peg posted:

The house bubble, I guess, though I don't think any campaigns have really acknowledged it.
Too many voters own houses and desperately don't want the bubble to pop, it'd be suicide to talk about.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Leofish posted:

Sir Justin of Papineau, the Holiest knight of the House, on a Quest to restore the Legacy of King Pierre of Mount Royal:

The fixed date would still remain, but the election period would be longer and more costly, which puts the CPC at an advantage because they have more money than the other parties, and could therefore campaign and advertise more, and for longer, than the others.

Could you do Justin as the God Emperor for Warhammer 40k?

Or even Harper would work.

ductonius
Apr 9, 2007
I heard there's a cream for that...

Square Peg posted:

Young people (who are less likely to vote) are the ones being priced out of their own country by the housing bubble.
Older people (who are more likely to vote) are benefiting massively from the influx of dirty money/cheap credit into the housing bubble.

The housing bubble will never, ever be brought up by a candidate as an issue. If questioned about it they'll say "affordability is absolutely an issue and I support home ownership and everything homeowners work hard for". The take away message is "I recognize there's a problem (vote for me) but don't worry, your HELOC is safe (vote for me)".

Whoever gets elected will do nothing.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Conservative webpage celebrating "balanced budget in 2015" goes missing lol.

It also seems their web team missed the before part of their before/after advertisement. I've made one to help them out. (CRA please don't audit me.)

less than three has issued a correction as of 20:51 on Jul 25, 2015

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ductonius posted:

Young people (who are less likely to vote) are the ones being priced out of their own country by the housing bubble.
Older people (who are more likely to vote) are benefiting massively from the influx of dirty money/cheap credit into the housing bubble.

The housing bubble will never, ever be brought up by a candidate as an issue. If questioned about it they'll say "affordability is absolutely an issue and I support home ownership and everything homeowners work hard for". The take away message is "I recognize there's a problem (vote for me) but don't worry, your HELOC is safe (vote for me)".

Whoever gets elected will do nothing.

The housing bubble is the Sword of Damacles hanging over the next government. Talking about it now doesn't have an upside to it, but hopefully someone in the NDP is working on messaging should they form government. (Who am I kidding?)

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Child Care/UCCB
Climate change
The Senate
C-51 / security theatre
Taxes (PIT and CIT rates, income splitting)
Pipelines
Balancing the budget?
Mail delivery
Retirement security (retirement age / changes to CPP)
~canadian unity~
TPP (and supply management :eng99:)
Real Change vs Ready for Change vs Just Not Ready (for change)

Isis! :byodame:

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009
The following image is presented without further comment:

Hey, vyelkin, there's images for Notley, Mulcair, Trudeau, Harper, Wynne, and now Del Mastro. Anything else you want?

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

lonelywurm posted:

Hey, vyelkin, there's images for Notley, Mulcair, Trudeau, Harper, Wynne, and now Del Mastro. Anything else you want?

Not vyelkin but I would love to see a duceppe.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lonelywurm posted:

Hahaha amazing. I'm writing up the OP now and this is going in for sure. I made my own terrible image for Mike Duffy (though it wasn't as fat as I'd hoped). I'd love one for Poilievre if you can, and then I think I've got all I need.

e: oh yeah and Duceppe of course, to replace the generic one I've got right now.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Preferably as a wizard of some kind :v:

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Hahaha amazing. I'm writing up the OP now and this is going in for sure. I made my own terrible image for Mike Duffy (though it wasn't as fat as I'd hoped). I'd love one for Poilievre if you can, and then I think I've got all I need.

e: oh yeah and Duceppe of course, to replace the generic one I've got right now.
Alright, I've got a good stock image I can use for him and whoever it is leading Forces et democratie, because it's just the Bloc that's running candidates in Peterborough and Newfoundland for some reason. Should be done tonight. I'll see what I can do for Poilevre, too. Shouldn't be too hard.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I can't do it tonight, but I'd love to see Poilievre in some kind of court jester outfit.

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009

Leofish posted:

I can't do it tonight, but I'd love to see Poilievre in some kind of court jester outfit.
While Harper was hiding in the closet, Poilievre was fashioning a spear out of a flagpole. While Harper pets kittens, Poilievre does poo poo like this.

And so I present, Sir Poilievre, Warrior Baron of Nepean and hired sword of King Harper.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004
Fred Delorey, former director of political operations for the CPC, has won the Tory nomination in Central Nova. You know what to do, New Glasgow.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Daynab posted:

Preferably as a wizard of some kind :v:

Best of all would be a necromancer or something.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

lonelywurm posted:

While Harper was hiding in the closet, Poilievre was fashioning a spear out of a flagpole. While Harper pets kittens, Poilievre does poo poo like this.

And so I present, Sir Poilievre, Warrior Baron of Nepean and hired sword of King Harper.

Needs a Conservative logo stitched into the shirt but otherwise marvelous.

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009
^^^ Thanks. I never even thought about that. I may go back and fix it up, but probably not. I've spent far too much time in photoshop the last couple evenings.

Alright, last one, I think. I'm a bit tired to come up with a punchy tagline, so just have Duceppe and Jean-Francois Fortin (the guy who leads the other Quebec party):

I love how Duceppe came out, but apparently the only pictures ever taken of Fortin were on 3 megapixel cameras circa 1998.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST

Count Roland posted:

Honestly two cops with clubs will work just fine against all but the super strong.

Is there data for how often cops get stabbed? Or more usefully, how often do they get killed or seriously hurt from someone wielding a not-gun? I'm going to bet its low but thats a guess.

This so far is like playing the stupid-use-of-force-bingo. Just because you've seen some movie or you can just imagine in your head fighting someone with a club doesn't mean its a useful tool against a knife.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Melian Dialogue posted:

This so far is like playing the stupid-use-of-force-bingo. Just because you've seen some movie or you can just imagine in your head fighting someone with a club doesn't mean its a useful tool against a knife.

Reminder, the suspect was not armed at all in the incident under discussion.

Not that it matters wrt the strawman you are knocking around here.

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009

Melian Dialogue posted:

Most front-line British police get by just fine with their highest level of force being a baton, in spite of the fact they often deal with suspects armed with knives.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

lonelywurm posted:

^^^ Thanks. I never even thought about that. I may go back and fix it up, but probably not. I've spent far too much time in photoshop the last couple evenings.

Alright, last one, I think. I'm a bit tired to come up with a punchy tagline, so just have Duceppe and Jean-Francois Fortin (the guy who leads the other Quebec party):

I love how Duceppe came out, but apparently the only pictures ever taken of Fortin were on 3 megapixel cameras circa 1998.

Fantastic! Your work is awesome.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lonelywurm posted:

Most front-line British police get by just fine with their highest level of force being a baton, in spite of the fact they often deal with suspects armed with knives.

It's Swagger. When you ask how eight RCMP officers cannot subdue a single unarmed suspect without shooting two people, one fatally, it is because you want to bathe in the blood of police.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Okay, this is a bad one, but

The Senate

I don't know how to blend skin tones

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
New thread is up here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733142

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I don't watch Game of Thrones, y'all gonna have to explain all of these to me.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

bunnyofdoom posted:

Patience. When I am not in the office ibwill share.

Are you still in the office?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

No but my laptop is busted and it's a pain to type on a tablet. Tomorrow.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

bunnyofdoom posted:

No but my laptop is busted and it's a pain to type on a tablet. Tomorrow.

If you're gonna accuse hal of doing that you drat well better post some proof or shut the gently caress up about it

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Booourns posted:

If you're gonna accuse hal of doing that you drat well better post some proof or shut the gently caress up about it

.....wow. Ok, accuse him of coming by LPC hq? Calm the gently caress down.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Get off bunny's nuts already.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.

flakeloaf posted:

Get off bunny's nuts already.

Yeah please do that. bunny is a cooler poster than any of you idiots jumping on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Heavy neutrino posted:

Yeah please do that. bunny is a cooler poster than any of you idiots jumping on him

This, also go post in the new thread (but not about this dumb slapfight).

• Locked thread